CARDCAPTOR SAKURA Discussion Thread

You're the Cardcaptooooor!
SpaceDrake
Majin
Majin

Re: CARDCAPTOR SAKURA Discussion Thread

Postby SpaceDrake » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Also, "Xiaolang". Interesting. Most product releases haven't gone for the exclusively Chinese readings of the Li names, despite the girl often being "Meiling" (and yet right next to "Shaoran" or "Syaoran"). I do wonder how some of the harder-core fans will receive that, despite it probably being a better choice overall from and English-language perspective.

Anyway, real cool to see this, and I'm very tempted to pick it up. Yes, even at that price.

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:27 pm

You know, I feel that just might be a very fair price for the LE. I mean, looking through ebay, there were a few listings that exceeded $800.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

ShadowJetX wrote:You know, I feel that just might be a very fair price for the LE. I mean, looking through ebay, there were a few listings that exceeded $800.

Yeah for 70 episodes that's a pretty good price. I may just go for the regular volumes though. Can't really afford blowing all that money at once atm.

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
ShadowJetX wrote:You know, I feel that just might be a very fair price for the LE. I mean, looking through ebay, there were a few listings that exceeded $800.

Yeah for 70 episodes that's a pretty good price. I may just go for the regular volumes though. Can't really afford blowing all that money at once atm.

If its something you really want enough, you got three months to save up.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 pm

This year's been a little crazy with all these odd announcements. Niche game localizations, now this? And by NISA out of some more likely candidates?

I have to say, this one came off as a surprise... CCS. Childhood revisited, I'd scream, but no one would care to hear me.

It's a bit easier on the wallet given the prices third parties are selling the complete sets for.

InfinityMayo
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby InfinityMayo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:15 pm

My older sister really enjoyed watching this series when she was younger, so I'm hoping to get the standard edition for her as a birthday gift.
Currently playing - Double Focus, Splatoon, SRW BX and Disgaea 5
Streaming - Double Focus and Touhou: Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity
Spoiler:

Orliatzu
Majin
Majin

Postby Orliatzu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 pm

So I've been hearing that NISA is using an English dub that wasn't aired in NA, so does that mean it's gonna be the Animax dubs?

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:07 pm

InfinityMayo wrote:My older sister really enjoyed watching this series when she was younger, so I'm hoping to get the standard edition for her as a birthday gift.

What a nice sibling :) I'm going to get these for my daughters who've never seen the series before. It would be nice to watch these with them.

Chrisc78
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Chrisc78 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 am

Sylontack
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Sylontack » Thu May 01, 2014 8:05 am

NISA usually region locks their BD discs to my knowledge;
In hopes that a company rep. sees this, what might the odds be that this is Region B friendly? Heck I might order it anyway (double dip because Australia got it on DVD about two years ago but Blu-Ray would be lovely too) for the sake of a pretty set and the high chance of me getting a region free BD player once I move or our current one breaks but it would still be neat to know.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu May 01, 2014 2:41 pm

SpaceDrake wrote:Also, "Xiaolang". Interesting. Most product releases haven't gone for the exclusively Chinese readings of the Li names, despite the girl often being "Meiling" (and yet right next to "Shaoran" or "Syaoran"). I do wonder how some of the harder-core fans will receive that, despite it probably being a better choice overall from and English-language perspective.

Anyway, real cool to see this, and I'm very tempted to pick it up. Yes, even at that price.

Yeah, when we were looking at some of the older materials, there were some spelling inconsistencies even within the official licensor's own stuff. I decided it would be more respectful to the characters themselves to use the commonly accepted Chinese spellings rather than the twice-removed "Chinese-to-Japanese -> Japanese-to-Romaji" renderings.

This might bug some purists, but I think it's a better choice for the character and the product.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu May 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Houk, try to get the trailer uploaded on Youtube, it's unwatchable the way it is right now.

Elvick
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Elvick » Fri May 02, 2014 1:18 am

Shizuka wrote:Houk, try to get the trailer uploaded on Youtube, it's unwatchable the way it is right now.

Yes please, not sure what whack player they use but it wouldn't even let me go fullscreen. Plus, I can't post it on facebook and twitter and squeal in happiness about it - even more than I have - either.

ShadowJetX wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:This is awesome. May be the first NISA set I buy :o

Edit: Or not lol @ $250. This is cool nonetheless.

$50 off on the NISA store, but steal.

I saw it for $180 elsewhere.

I still ordered it at NISA, since I haven't used the other site before (though I've hard of it) and it's coming out 2 days after my birthday... so meh. :P

Plus I don't think you get the poster at the other site either. I'd advertise it, but... eh. I'd feel dirty.

shymel94 wrote:Wasn't expecting this at all. With Discotek planning to release the first movie this year, that leaves only a second movie, correct?

I kind of hate that it's being done by two different companies. But I'm just happy CCS is back and I can buy it.

Mr.putrickbutz
Majin
Majin

Postby Mr.putrickbutz » Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 am

this is really awesome I've wanted to newer release of this for a while now so it's good to finally get one.

This is my favorite magical girl anime and I have most of the original Pioneer DVDs but it'll be good to have on Blu-ray as well

Snatcher2047
Majin
Majin

Postby Snatcher2047 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:23 pm

So, NIS not only releases a game from my all time favorite game franchise (Sakura Wars), but also my all time favorite Japanese anime? Nice.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... PREORDERED. The one show I wouldn't hesitate for a second to call my all time favorite finally gets the release it deserves... or at least the best it could possibly get. Should be interesting hearing the English dub, as I didn't even know that another one outside of Cardcaptors (bleh) existed. Checked out a few clips on Youtube of the Animax English dub and I have to say... it doesn't sound horrible. Not great, but at least not horrible.

Thank you very much for this, NIS.

Return to “CARDCAPTOR SAKURA”