CARDCAPTOR SAKURA Discussion Thread

You're the Cardcaptooooor!
OtakuLife
Peon
Peon

Re: CARDCAPTOR SAKURA Discussion Thread

Postby OtakuLife » Fri May 02, 2014 10:03 pm

While this is great news. I'm not too crazy about the packaging. The main artwork for the premium edition art box looks awful!!!! It would of been better if they kept the artwork closer to the Japanese release. *sigh*

Bowman
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Bowman » Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you NISA for this release! Very excited! :)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat May 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Rightstuf has the box even cheaper than NISA, for less than $180. It's getting hard to choose where to order from.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm

I never got to finish this as a kid, I would mind finishing it :D

They should put it back on TV.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun May 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Houk, are there any plans to let Crunchyroll or any other streaming company air CCS?

youko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby youko » Tue May 06, 2014 11:22 am

I actually like the artcovers better for the standard editions better than the premium edition cover. Anyway I question on how all those disks fit in one case. They aren't going to be stacked on top of one another are they? :?
ImageImage
I'll be the first to admit I love traps & reverse traps.
Awesome: http://www.hulu.com/#!neuro

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun May 11, 2014 3:39 pm

No trailer on Youtube yet, guess I won't be able to watch it.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Houk wrote:Yeah, when we were looking at some of the older materials, there were some spelling inconsistencies even within the official licensor's own stuff. I decided it would be more respectful to the characters themselves to use the commonly accepted Chinese spellings rather than the twice-removed "Chinese-to-Japanese -> Japanese-to-Romaji" renderings.

This might bug some purists, but I think it's a better choice for the character and the product.

That's rather different from my image of NISA.

ShaoranLi
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ShaoranLi » Sat May 17, 2014 1:44 pm

I grew up with the Nelvana version. Years later, I had the urge to revisit the series but in its original cut. We ebayed a DVD mega set of all 18 volumes (which I intend to keep despite the Blu-Ray announcement). I watched and enjoyed the entire series with 2 of my siblings, with one as young as 7 having no problem reading the subtitles, which also turned out to be a great reading exercise - 'cept when Kero says the D word lol. We were also very very sad when we finished the entire set.

So obviously I was PUMPED to learn we're getting our Blu-Ray release FINALLY, so pumped I immediately played the Cardcaptor Song Collection album on my iTunes (which I imported for over $20). Though I've given up on anime a life time ago, this is a series I'd revisit no question.

Pre-ordered from Rightstuf but dang it's so expensive, even if it is a pre-order discount. :x My order totaled to $212.76 based on where I live. And that's BEFORE converting it to Canadian dollars, which will round up to $230 :( I'm actually thinking of cancelling it because how expensive it is. Was hoping for a standard Blu-Ray edition but there's only one option for Blu-Ray at the moment. Will there be one? I also hope the audio we're getting will be in 5.1 lossless.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Sat May 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Most likely the audio is 2.0, this isn't really because it is bad quality but because few if any anime is ever made with 5.1.
The reason is mainly due to the small size of the Japanese homes.

No mention of a standard BD release, following NISA's history if there is one we'll see it in a year or two.

arromdee
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby arromdee » Sun May 18, 2014 5:20 am

Will this show use the Japanese logo or an English logo? I'd much rather see the Japanese logo on the show, regardless of what's on the cover.

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Mc-Taz » Sun May 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Yes, most likely the Japanese audio in the release will be 2.0 (Stereo), but it's also worth pointing out that the English track is confirmed to be 1.0 (Mono).

As for the logo used within the series, NISA tends to not mess with the video elements at all. So you can expect that the release will utilize the Japanese logo in the episodes. Though with anything that is NISA's own work, like the box art, art book, or the disc menus, they will use their version of the English logo which can be found on the series' product page for reference.

ShaoranLi
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby ShaoranLi » Sun May 18, 2014 9:03 pm

I asked if it'd be 5.1 because the original Japanese Blu-Ray release includes LPCM 5.1 Surround Sound, along with 2.0 LPCM. I'd be surprised if we don't get the 5.1 for our domestic release.

I'm not fully aware of NISA's history when it comes to standard releases so thanks for the heads up. Now I'm actually considering cancelling the order ...

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Mon May 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Ah then hopefully Houk can come over and provide more exact information, I'd hate NISA to lose a sale because I was giving incorrect information (mine is mainly based off of previous releases and anime releases in general).

arromdee
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby arromdee » Tue May 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Also, will NIS use the proper openings?

Card Captor Sakura has a slight change in the opening which shows Li briefly. The original DVD release got this wrong and used the opening without Li. I realize it's not as big a change as some changes people are worried about, but it's easy for a company to miss if they aren't aware of it (particularly if they use a clean opening and don't have two slightly different versions of the clean opening.)

And was Card Captor Sakura done on film so there are actually elements that could be used to produce a Blu-ray version that's not an upscale? There seem to be some reports that the Japanese BDs are an upscale, such as http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/ ... rerelease/

Return to “CARDCAPTOR SAKURA”