Premium Edition numbers

You're the Cardcaptooooor!
kamil88
Peon
Peon

Premium Edition numbers

Postby kamil88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello, nice to meet everyone, im new here :)
Could someone tell me, please, if Premium Edition on BD discs will be released in limited edition? Because i don`t have too much money right now, but should have at end of this year, and i remember, that 1st season of Oreimo Limited Edition was sold after just one month.

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Premium Edition numbers

Postby Mc-Taz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Welcome to the forums!

There's no telling how fast or slow something is going to run out in their store. We just saw the release of Toradora's Premium re-release come out yesterday, and it's already out of stock in the NISA online store. (It was sort of expected when there was a delay notice posted to the series page regarding pre-orders after a certain date.) It's a guarantee that the Premium Edition will eventually go away, which will give opportunity for a Standard Edition to be released as NISA tends to do after they sell through their Premium sets. I can't see them not having a Standard Edition Blu-ray for this after going through the effort of producing that version, though sometimes contracts will restrict what they are able to release.

Now to get to your question more directly. I think there are a few factors that may benefit it lasting a little longer than the typical release. The first one being that this release is more expensive than any other anime release they have put out previously. (It should be, with all that content.) But people are bound to be sticker shocked. Heck, people are complaining about the price of the new Toradora set, when it's basically the same price they would have paid for the DVD Premium release a few years ago! Another thing is like in your case, people may not have the funds to buy it immediately and wish to save up for it. There's no way of knowing how many copies NISA will print of the Premium set, nor how many people will pre-order it.

My suggestion would be, once you get closer to getting the funds together, if the release is already out, send an email, or call the number, to the NISA Store Support and ask them if they can give an estimate on stock levels. The other thing to consider is that there are other options for purchasing the Premium set if it does run out of stock in their store, so you may still have the chance to buy it elsewhere by the time you're ready to do so.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the wall of text. :shock:

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Mc-Taz » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:56 pm

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/status/485963749451255809
Learned this weekend that the Cardcaptor Sakura box is selling like hotcakes. It's limited edition, so better act quick if you want it! #yay

Thanks to WTK for pointing this one out. Not to alarm anyone, but I would say you may want to be cautious about waiting too long to pre-order after all. I thought the high price of entry would be a big barrier to people buying this release, but apparently that isn't so. There must be a lot of love for CCS that this release is still selling incredibly well. If you want the Premium set, try to order it sooner rather than later!

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “CARDCAPTOR SAKURA”