Every Reason why this is an example of a bad game.

For all your naturally indoctrinated needs!
x-asrael-x
Peon
Peon

Every Reason why this is an example of a bad game.

Postby x-asrael-x » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:55 pm

First off,
let me just say that in all of my 24 years of gaming not once have I been so frustrated in a game as when I am playing natural doctrine. This game has in every conceivable way has let me down astonishingly so. I honestly feel that this game should still be considered in beta and I will list the reasons for it below, but let me first shed some light onto myself to show you that I am not some random rage filled gamer hating on your product. I have been gaming for 24 years and in my time I have played hundreds of games from every genre with a large emphasis on tactics games. Many of my tactical experiences came from your Disgaea series. Now where as I found those games to be lacking story wise they were always backed up by solid gameplay mechanics which kept me enticed. Now with my experience with tactics games from the likes of your company and that of your competitors I feel that not only has this game fell far below the mark for acceptance it should never has been released the way that it is now.

This unpolished turd of a game to be quite frank should never and I do mean never be allowed to call itself a tactical experience. If the aim was to insight pure hateful disdain whilst playing your product then you have done your job, otherwise you have completely missed judged your audience and what should be acceptable finished product.

Your gameplay mechanics are completely broken and nonsensical there is zero cohesion of structure and no adherence to the rules by the AI that is set upon the player. Your game touts its difficulty but the only thing that makes it difficult is its poor execution.

Sorry for the rant but good god guys seriously this has been a complete waist of both my money and time and makes me rethink my stand on your games to come.

twinspectre
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Every Reason why this is an example of a bad game.

Postby twinspectre » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:07 pm

x-asrael-x wrote:First off,
let me just say that in all of my 24 years of gaming not once have I been so frustrated in a game as when I am playing natural doctrine. This game has in every conceivable way has let me down astonishingly so. I honestly feel that this game should still be considered in beta and I will list the reasons for it below, but let me first shed some light onto myself to show you that I am not some random rage filled gamer hating on your product. I have been gaming for 24 years and in my time I have played hundreds of games from every genre with a large emphasis on tactics games. Many of my tactical experiences came from your Disgaea series. Now where as I found those games to be lacking story wise they were always backed up by solid gameplay mechanics which kept me enticed. Now with my experience with tactics games from the likes of your company and that of your competitors I feel that not only has this game fell far below the mark for acceptance it should never has been released the way that it is now.

This unpolished turd of a game to be quite frank should never and I do mean never be allowed to call itself a tactical experience. If the aim was to insight pure hateful disdain whilst playing your product then you have done your job, otherwise you have completely missed judged your audience and what should be acceptable finished product.

Your gameplay mechanics are completely broken and nonsensical there is zero cohesion of structure and no adherence to the rules by the AI that is set upon the player. Your game touts its difficulty but the only thing that makes it difficult is its poor execution.

Sorry for the rant but good god guys seriously this has been a complete waist of both my money and time and makes me rethink my stand on your games to come.

complaining about a game being difficult is just ridiculous , i'm playing this game on Hard mode and i'm having a blast , seriously instead of complaining try everything show this game who's the man , don't let this game kick your butt
don't give up , learn everything , try other strategies , try to improve your skill , try to master and you will enjoy it
i'm glad that Kadokawa and NIS America brought this game on US and European Market this game could be a hidden Gem .

p.s I LOVE NATURAL DOCTRINE'S CHALLENGE

mrchoppy
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mrchoppy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:12 am

I am also struggling to play this game efficiently. I wanted to like it and I'm glad to have a srpg on my ps4, its the first one thats come out so thanks for the attempt.

I've been a gamer for 30 years. I like deep and complex systems and strategy rpgs but I think that this linking system is very poorly thought out. The enemy seem to make better use of it than me.

The system means that battles with multiple weak enemies are more dangerous as they keep linking and relinking with each other for multiple actions. If you were fighting one bigger enemy at least they would only get 1 attack. As it is now the game usually ends with a massive 6 or 7 link chain of missile and dynamite attacks picking off one of your weaker characters.

A few things that might have helped: The abilty of shield guys to cover anyone in the same square from missile fire. They should be a bit more proactive about shielding other characters from missile fire. Make explosives have a range of 1 instead of two. Giving gunners an overwatch action to shoot at first enemy that comes into range.

Also if you are going to have a really difficult game have plenty of checkpoints and ALSO the ability to save these checkpoints so if i have to turn off the game in the middle of the battle i can come back later and reload the battle to that checkpoint. At the minute am I right in thinking there is no saving in the middle of a battle?

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:00 pm

This game does have a high learning curve and the mechanics actually favor the enemy over the player, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Actually, I'm the type of gamer that loves a challenge, even somewhat unrealistic or due to "bad game design", but I wouldn't knock this game off due to being "too hard."

If anything this game teaches the player to be (extra) cautious and to maximize the (poorly explained) mechanics. I'll admit, I didn't really start enjoying this game until like 10 hours in. By that time I (almost) understood all the mechanics and knew how to play the game.

Return to “Natural Doctrine”