Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:52 am

Seventh wrote:
vampko wrote:
Seventh wrote:due to the character designs looking older.

Mirai and you would get along great ;)

Hey, I've said it before, but being less endowed doesn't always have to be an age factor. Plus she's not really the poster girl for SK. Or even close to being it in fact. :lol:

Okay, how old would YOU say Mirai is?
Image

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Seventh » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

Well, since both of those girls are the same age, that actually proves my point - though I think you've completely missed it anyway. I've also known people in real life that look much younger than they actually are, so.
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby vampko » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:02 am

Seventh wrote:Well, since both of those girls are the same age, that actually proves my point - though I think you've completely missed it anyway. I've also known people in real life that look much younger than they actually are, so.

The point was Mirai's character design definitely does not "look" older

Man Mirai's the best!

I think I've derailed the thread enough for now, as much as I'd love to continue talking about Senran's best girl
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:19 am

Seventh wrote:Well, since both of those girls are the same age, that actually proves my point - though I think you've completely missed it anyway. I've also known people in real life that look much younger than they actually are, so.

Actually it doesn't prove your point at all. You can say they are the same age because you already know they are both 15. I'm asking how old do they LOOK.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Seventh » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:27 am

@vamp
My point was that she doesn't necessarily look "young" either, especially when you're using in-game models as the basis for comparison where she's just a bit shorter and lacking in a certain area. Knowing that she's still about the same size (even shown in that picture) as these other girls, plus the understood implication with her being in the same class regarding her age, gives her presence and age more credibility/validity/whatever than "1000 year old loli in a fantasy world" might.

In any case, probably best to get back to discussing CG, yeah.

@Esper
Well, you're still missing the point, but okay. Without a baseline, you can't really answer that in anime. Personally, I think Mirai could certainly be a high school student, but in one series that might be the body of a full grown woman and in another it's an eight year old. With how art styles and character proportions within even one series can vary, that's a question that will have constantly varying answers.

Though to return to the point, if you told me based on appearance alone she was in the 14-17 area, I would agree.

Anyway, back to CG?
Image

User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:50 am

And now you've proven my point. Mirai, Yagyu, and all of the characters in Criminal Girls are DRAWINGS and thus have no actual ages. They might be 8 years old, or they might be 800. They are not real people. No one is being exploited or hurt by them being in compromising situations.

If NISA really wants to change this game, they should have a toggle in the options that lets you opt in or opt out of the punishment minigame. That way people with fragile minds can be protected and people that want their game intact can get the whole game uncensored.

User avatar
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Daverost » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:57 am

Seventh wrote:
It's certainly interesting. In a time when XSEED are managing to get Senran Kagura out completely uncensored, IFI & NISA are failing at getting Monpiece/Criminal Girls out uncensored.

Considering there is some genuine differences in content, I honestly don't see the need to keep bringing this comparison up.

I'd be willing to be good money that if the SK girls all looked "younger" it wouldn't even be getting localized. It probably wouldn't exist either, but still.


Apparent age? Mirai naked covered in whipped cream.

SCANDALOUS. Expect riots in the streets in September. Xseed shoulda censored. Could have saved the world.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Seventh » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:30 am

Are you scrubbing the whipped cream and/or whipping it off her though? :P
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby lopez » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:49 am

Esper wrote:And now you've proven my point. Mirai, Yagyu, and all of the characters in Criminal Girls are DRAWINGS and thus have no actual ages. They might be 8 years old, or they might be 800. They are not real people. No one is being exploited or hurt by them being in compromising situations.

If NISA really wants to change this game, they should have a toggle in the options that lets you opt in or opt out of the punishment minigame. That way people with fragile minds can be protected and people that want their game intact can get the whole game uncensored.


The issue is the "depictions" of said drawings. People can/are making the connection that said drawings/models look like humans, look like females and look like adolescents. Apparently, that's enough to make a strong argument in court.

I'm all for the latter, but it still wouldn't work. People would argue that it can easily be bypassed, so the "inappropriate" content is still accessible to the "inappropriate" audience.
Image

User avatar
Totooria
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Totooria » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:51 am

Censorship again? Really NISA? Your not my Mom. NISA is forgetting who signs their checks. YOU as a company that should adapt and cater to the consumers. We are paying you money, 40-60$ a pop at that. Why should we pay our hard earned money only to have a butchered and ruined port because YOU want to sell a few more copies? Which in itself is flawed logic.

This game is niche, you say you want to widen its audience by censoring. That won't make sales go up. People who see the cover WON'T purchase it because its not for them. And people that are against lewd won't buy it for the gameplay just because the minigame is out. People who are against this WON'T buy it, regardless of the content.

However, just look at the thread and everywhere else on the internet, you are losing FAR more sales then gaining by censoring. Including mine. Looks at the sales of Mugen Souls and Senran Kagura. Senran Kagura is one of the top sellers in the Nintendo eShop, you know why? Because XSEED doesn't censor out content. Literally all they took out was the ages.

You are saying NO to creative freedom.
You are DENYING us content.

Which is why I am NOT buying this. I might have to import the title because you guys are unreliable on delivering a full game to us. I do NOT support this type of business practices.

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 am

Totooria wrote:However, just look at the thread and everywhere else on the internet, you are losing FAR more sales then gaining by censoring. Including mine. Looks at the sales of Mugen Souls and Senran Kagura. Senran Kagura is one of the top sellers in the Nintendo eShop, you know why? Because XSEED doesn't censor other then ages.

Except people who post on the internet are a vocal minority, and you cannot gain a picture of what of the silent majority thinks by looking at such things.
If the previous cases are anything to go by, where people strongly objected to it, yet a sequel was localised and games in similar cases were also, so the sales couldn't have been that bad.
Also rankings on different stores don't mean a whole lot, especially when said games are entirely different genres.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby lopez » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 am

NISA has been censoring their products for years and they're still in business, so this model must be working for them. It may very well be that anti-censorship is more of an isolated case among consumers, a vocal minority if you will. Not saying that's wrong in any way, but if it really was such a major issue, then NISA would've changed their practices by now.

Edit* Ninja'd
Image

User avatar
Totooria
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Totooria » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:59 am

Ringwraith wrote:
Totooria wrote:However, just look at the thread and everywhere else on the internet, you are losing FAR more sales then gaining by censoring. Including mine. Looks at the sales of Mugen Souls and Senran Kagura. Senran Kagura is one of the top sellers in the Nintendo eShop, you know why? Because XSEED doesn't censor other then ages.

Except people who post on the internet are a vocal minority, and you cannot gain a picture of what of the silent majority thinks by looking at such things.
If the previous cases are anything to go by, where people strongly objected to it, yet a sequel was localised and games in similar cases were also, so the sales couldn't have been that bad.
Also rankings on different stores don't mean a whole lot, especially when said games are entirely different genres.

Its bad. At least less they intended. There are still copies of the Mugen Soul Limited Edition in the store unsold. And its been over a year after release. And let me say, its a very fine limited edition. Comes with artbook, soundtrack, figures, its quite the package. The reason its still there is because they removed content from the game. Which is why, as much as I want it, it just gives me an ill taste when I think that Im missing out on stuff because they don't like the content. Respect creative freedom.

Criminaljesus
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Criminaljesus » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:00 am

Ringwraith wrote:
Totooria wrote:However, just look at the thread and everywhere else on the internet, you are losing FAR more sales then gaining by censoring. Including mine. Looks at the sales of Mugen Souls and Senran Kagura. Senran Kagura is one of the top sellers in the Nintendo eShop, you know why? Because XSEED doesn't censor other then ages.

Except people who post on the internet are a vocal minority, and you cannot gain a picture of what of the silent majority thinks by looking at such things.
If the previous cases are anything to go by, where people strongly objected to it, yet a sequel was localised and games in similar cases were also, so the sales couldn't have been that bad.
Also rankings on different stores don't mean a whole lot, especially when said games are entirely different genres.


The people on the internet are the only people interested in this game, the only silent majority in this matter are the people who've already thrown their hands up in the air when it was announced that NISA was releasing it and said in unison "Its NISA, we're fucked, there is nothing we can do but watch". The people who would want to buy this game censored are the minority.

User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:02 am

lopez wrote:
Esper wrote:And now you've proven my point. Mirai, Yagyu, and all of the characters in Criminal Girls are DRAWINGS and thus have no actual ages. They might be 8 years old, or they might be 800. They are not real people. No one is being exploited or hurt by them being in compromising situations.

If NISA really wants to change this game, they should have a toggle in the options that lets you opt in or opt out of the punishment minigame. That way people with fragile minds can be protected and people that want their game intact can get the whole game uncensored.


The issue is the "depictions" of said drawings. People can/are making the connection that said drawings/models look like humans, look like females and look like adolescents. Apparently, that's enough to make a strong argument in court.

I'm all for the latter, but it still wouldn't work. People would argue that it can easily be bypassed, so the "inappropriate" content is still accessible to the "inappropriate" audience.

Oh well thank goodness for that. We wouldn't want any underage looking girls in a bath-related minigame where we rub and oil them up...
Image
Oh wait. We did. The game was rated Teen. (And don't go on about her being removed in the EU version, we have confirmed proof from PEGI that was Ghostlight overreacting them to saying they should remove the term "child" from referring to Fiona and instead just removing her entirely.) Watch it yourself if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-qgwazaug


Return to “Criminal Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest