Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
User avatar
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Esper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:05 am

Pretty sure the only person who registered before me is Rednal, so we have the biggest supporter of everything NISA does and myself as one of the biggest people against the censorship at the very old end of the scale. Age of someone's account does not matter. Instead, maybe we should track how long people have been buying NIS and NISA titles? I've got a first print run of the original Disgaea as published by ATLUS for the PS2. I've got Rhapsody for the PS1. Does that make my opinion matter more than anyone else?

It doesn't. My voice and dollars are just as valid as every other single person on this forum.

ArmedDragoon wrote:Just one thing directed to anti-censorship people who are canceling their NISA preorders, though; if Hotaru No Nikki isn't a colossal success because you guys aren't buying it because of an completely unrelated game about punishing dead lolis, I'm going to go to your houses and "censor" everything you own with a wood chipper.

Threats of violence are always a great way to start the morning. Until just now I have never heard of this game.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:06 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
DJFoodstamps wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Image

...Oh? We're still having this debate?

Thought ya'll quit this losing battle while you were ahead, but I guess bitching and moaning on the internet is too easy for you to want to stop.

Funny how everyone against the changes are newbs who registered accounts just to whine about it and everyone defending NISA has been here forever.


It's also funny how they seem more capable of actually contributing something worthwhile to a conversation, something you, a supposed veteran, has forgotten how to do.

Or does stroking your giant E-peen pass for that around here?


If your only metic of a statement being "worthwhile to the conversation" involves someone automatically agreeing to everything you say, then sure. I guess I have said nothing of value.

This is what I don't get. You come here to bitch and moan, and we explain the reasons why these very minimal changes had to happen. You disagree with said reasoning, okay fine, whatever.

And then you stay to keep bitching about it even though there is no chance whatsoever of NISA's stance changing.

Here's where I'm at. The Mugen Souls debate happened. Everyone complained. NISA listened and decided they went too far with that one. So with this game, they tried as hard as they could to make as few changes as possible and keep the content mostly intact. I find that commendable.

But you wouldn't know that, because you just fucking got here. Your sense of entitlement is stunning. You expect them to listen to someone who just got here over people who have been here for years. You expect them to listen to someone who threatened to cancel their pre-order, which is never a good sign, when someone says that, a company has to know it's a lost sale already.

We give our rational thoughts, you spew entitlement garbage in our faces. NISA gives their reasons, and you all call them liars. Bullshit. I've been here forever and I can say that Houk goes out of his way to communicate with US, the audience. He frequently reveals information that most other companies keep on tight lockdown. NISA has always been shockingly open with their consumers, and I respect them for that.

So instead of wasting everyone's time on your stupid rants, why don't you cancel your fucking pre-order and get the fuck off our forums? You're not changing anything. You're wasting our time, and you're wasting your own time. Take a walk, watch some anime, play a different fucking game, whatever you gotta do. Just do something more productive than bark about shit you don't like and can't change.


No offense, but you sound like an elitist. It does sound a whole lot like your stroking your e-peen on the internet. Also, incase you didn't know this, this is a discussion board, where people discuss games. More specifically a topic where people discuss censorship. So what if people want to whine, you don't have to go out of your way and basically insult them and put them down cause you don't agree with them. Also, I have no idea where you get this mod love from, but from what I've seen from them, they've treated users pretty hostile and basically told them we don't care about your opinions. Some of the worst customer service I've seen.

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 am

Esper wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:Just one thing directed to anti-censorship people who are canceling their NISA preorders, though; if Hotaru No Nikki isn't a colossal success because you guys aren't buying it because of an completely unrelated game about punishing dead lolis, I'm going to go to your houses and "censor" everything you own with a wood chipper.

Threats of violence are always a great way to start the morning. Until just now I have never heard of this game.


When all else fails, make a creative threat in jest. Criminal Girl's biggest crime is that it's taking attention away from the game I'm actually much more interested in.
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

User avatar
Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 am

Yeah, because throwing the e-peen insult around this thread is so mature...

User avatar
kudo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby kudo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 am

ArmedDragoon wrote:
Esper wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:Just one thing directed to anti-censorship people who are canceling their NISA preorders, though; if Hotaru No Nikki isn't a colossal success because you guys aren't buying it because of an completely unrelated game about punishing dead lolis, I'm going to go to your houses and "censor" everything you own with a wood chipper.

Threats of violence are always a great way to start the morning. Until just now I have never heard of this game.


When all else fails, make a creative threat in jest. Criminal Girl's biggest crime is that it's taking attention away from the game I'm actually much more interested in.


I too am really interested in Hotaru no Nikki, but now I can't bring myself to think about buying it.
Really disappoint at the changes made to this game, haven't commented on them yet but I feel like minimal fog would have been on the acceptable level of censorship (even though even that is bad), but removing the voices is big no. Big part of the interactive communication experience.

artemusclyde
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby artemusclyde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:16 am

Teddie Sage wrote:Yeah, because throwing the e-peen insult around this thread is so mature...


It was more of calling it like I was seeing it. That comment was completely uncalled for and was basically flaming. Also, what do you think he was doing by showing off his post count?
Last edited by artemusclyde on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Francis
Peon
Peon
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:13 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Francis » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks Nisa, if the game have censorship I will save money, because I will not buy it NEVER.

User avatar
Totooria
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Totooria » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 am

Houk wrote:Edit: And no, we're not doing wholesale personality changes. We are, however, paying attention to specific lines that may push things in a direction we want to avoid and make sure they're within the bounds of what we're going for. And trust me, it's very little compared to the total size of the game.


>within the bounds of what we're going for
Why? Your projecting your own ideas on what the game should be, instead of what it is. Isn't your job suppose to be to localize, and not parent us? We are adults. We can decide whats okay and not for ourselves. Especially since there is money involved. Just being real with you.

Its like paying full price for a censored movie on DVD/Bluray.

Autist
Peon
Peon
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 am

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Autist » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:19 am

Teddie Sage wrote:Yeah, because throwing the e-peen insult around this thread is so mature...

...and? Did you win something? Are you a better person now? Congratulations! :D

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 am

kudo wrote:I too am really interested in Hotaru no Nikki, but now I can't bring myself to think about buying it.
Really disappoint at the changes made to this game, haven't commented on them yet but I feel like minimal fog would have been on the acceptable level of censorship (even though even that is bad), but removing the voices is big no. Big part of the interactive communication experience.


From what I have gathered, they are removing the moans during the punishment scenes and nothing else. I don't think the "interactive communication experience" is going to be hurting that much.

Again though, that's not the problem. I literally could not care less what you think of Criminal Girls. I've really just sort of given up on censorship debates in general, because they got boring. Just don't punish a potentially great 2D adventure game because of Criminal Girls. NIS will keep making moe shit forever, but the experimental stuff needs to be supported, especially if it's not doing anything wrong. Doing the opposite sends the wrong message.

(I know that NIS didn't make Criminal Girls, but the point still stands)
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Seventh » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:24 am

Totooria wrote:
Houk wrote:Edit: And no, we're not doing wholesale personality changes. We are, however, paying attention to specific lines that may push things in a direction we want to avoid and make sure they're within the bounds of what we're going for. And trust me, it's very little compared to the total size of the game.

>within the bounds of what we're going for
Why? Your projecting your own ideas on what the game should be, instead of what it is. Isn't your job suppose to be to localize, and not parent us? We are adults. We can decide whats okay and not for ourselves. Especially since there is money involved. Just being real with you.

Its like paying full price for a censored movie on DVD/Bluray.

Wait, I didn't see that edit before. Now I'm somewhat concerned.

Yeah, what you're "going for" should be what already exists in the script in Japanese. If it's not, then that's a bit of a problem.

@ArmedDragoon
In their defense, so long as NISA uses the "we have x years of successes so what we do works" defense, then by that logic, supporting anything they do is supporting the things one might not like.
Image

User avatar
kudo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby kudo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:26 am

ArmedDragoon wrote:From what I have gathered, they are removing the moans during the punishment scenes and nothing else. I don't think the "interactive communication experience" is going to be hurting that much.

Again though, that's not the problem. I literally could not care less what you think of Criminal Girls. I've really just sort of given up on censorship debates in general, because they got boring. Just don't punish a potentially great 2D adventure game because of Criminal Girls. NIS will keep making moe shit forever, but the experimental stuff needs to be supported, especially if it's not doing anything wrong. Doing the opposite sends the wrong message.

(I know that NIS didn't make Criminal Girls, but the point still stands)


All dialog during punishment scenes will be removed.

But yeah, I get what you mean, maybe we'd get more games like Hotaru if it sold well, games that won't be targets to censorship in the first place.
Still, I enjoy games like Criminal Girls too and if their stance on this that all sales show their "business strategy" on censorship is working, I have little to no choice than get as many people aware of it and try to get them not to buy anything in general if that all is only going to enforce their current BS Censorship.

User avatar
Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:27 am

Totooria wrote:Isn't your job suppose to be to localize, and not parent us? We are adults.


Then start acting like responsible adults instead of name calling, blaming everything on Houk and the programmers. They're just doing what they're being told by their bosses. All I've been seeing on this thread from this thread are childish tantrums and irrational decisions made by some people. "Your game is censored so I'm going to cancel my pre-order of this or that anime to punish you." It's childish. Nobody needs to know that. Just do whatever you gotta do and stop thinking they're the only bad guys here. You're all putting pressure on them by using insults and/or passive aggressive sentences. They're probably fed up with all this thread right now, like some veteran users who are just shaking their heads. As entertaining as this conversation has been, I think everything has already been said and resaid.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Zantagor » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:30 am

Totooria wrote:
Houk wrote:Edit: And no, we're not doing wholesale personality changes. We are, however, paying attention to specific lines that may push things in a direction we want to avoid and make sure they're within the bounds of what we're going for. And trust me, it's very little compared to the total size of the game.


>within the bounds of what we're going for
Why? Your projecting your own ideas on what the game should be, instead of what it is. Isn't your job suppose to be to localize, and not parent us? We are adults. We can decide whats okay and not for ourselves. Especially since there is money involved. Just being real with you.

Its like paying full price for a censored movie on DVD/Bluray.


I'm not sure you really know what actual localization means. I'm guessing you boycotted the Phoenix Wright series too right? Right?

User avatar
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:29 pm
Location: Seven Sages Headquarters

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:32 am

kudo wrote:All dialog during punishment scenes will be removed.


Fair enough on the audio. It was a little unclear.

kudo wrote:But yeah, I get what you mean, maybe we'd get more games like Hotaru if it sold well, games that won't be targets to censorship in the first place.
Still, I enjoy games like Criminal Girls too and if their stance on this that all sales show their "business strategy" on censorship is working, I have little to no choice than get as many people aware of it and try to get them not to buy anything in general if that all is only going to enforce their current BS Censorship.


And here we are with the problem; how would buying Hotaru, a game with no censorship (presumably), show NISA that censorship is working?
Image
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.


Return to “Criminal Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests