Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Hopefully this is on topic, I already got 1 warning above. It's not exactly info but it involves it so...whatever, I'll risk it.

I'm referring to this picture, which can be found in the store page for the game, bottom right-most screenshot.
Spoiler:

And here are some random ones that I'm assuming, for obvious reasons, are from the Japanese version.

The one from the store has English captions on the top while the ones I linked under it all have Japanese captions on the top so, unless I'm wrong, the top one is actually from the censored version that NISA will be using. If I'm correct, it has always been there for viewing since the page to preorder the game has been up.

And comparing them...they are damn near identical honestly. Looking at it this way, that could very well have lead to some people to think the censorship wasn't as bad as they thought it would be and go ahead and preorder a copy.

Regarding the second point, just...no? If you want to continue discussing that, let's take it to PMs. There's been enough of our shenanigans regarding that here already. We've already been told to stop that.

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:31 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:
Spoiler:
Hopefully this is on topic, I already got 1 warning above. It's not exactly info but it involves it so...whatever, I'll risk it.

I'm referring to this picture, which can be found in the store page for the game, bottom right-most screenshot.

And here are some random ones that I'm assuming, for obvious reasons, are from the Japanese version.

The one from the store has English captions on the top while the ones I linked under it all have Japanese captions on the top so, unless I'm wrong, the top one is actually from the censored version that NISA will be using. If I'm correct, it has always been there for viewing since the page to preorder the game has been up.

And comparing them...they are damn near identical honestly. Looking at it this way, that could very well have lead to some people to think the censorship wasn't as bad as they thought it would be and go ahead and preorder a copy.

I stand corrected then, that one does indeed look to be from the NISA release, so is an example of the degree of censorship when the game went up for pre-order.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 am

Why are people using the LE's stock as evidence? We don't know the exact number that exists. For all we know, they made like 100 LE's purely because they subconsciously knew it wouldn't sell out at normal stock (See: Mugen Souls), and that people like Rednal would buy it regardless. They can claim MG(Z) sold well, but there's still blatant evidence that will probably never disappear due to the fact that people know about the censorship now. Hell, I coulda sworn that they bundled the MG and MGZ LE's for $100 or so during the winter sale. That should say a lot.

shadowmaksim wrote:Hopefully this is on topic, I already got 1 warning above. It's not exactly info but it involves it so...whatever, I'll risk it.

Spoiler:

Regarding the second point, just...no? If you want to continue discussing that, let's take it to PMs. There's been enough of our shenanigans regarding that here already. We've already been told to stop that.

Not only that, but we don't know how far into the minigame that screenshot is. It could be halfway into it when the Japanese minigame was at the start.

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:50 am

Is this Nisa's most controversial game to date or does Mugen Souls still take the cake?
I'm talking about the censorship fiasco of course.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:48 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Is this Nisa's most controversial game to date or does Mugen Souls still take the cake?
I'm talking about the censorship fiasco of course.

The censorship in Mugen Souls can be considered infinitely worse, they removed an entire portion of the game. Criminal Girls censorship was kept to alterations. Removing character audio could be considered removal or alteration depending who is looking at it.

If I had to choose, I'd pick the changes in Criminal Girls over the changes to Mugen Souls any day.

pintsizedpurple
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pintsizedpurple » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 am

It almost looks like there is a girl under there. http://i.imgur.com/CqYCaz7.jpg

bob slim
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby bob slim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 am

Man thats a lot of fog I hope it all gos away like the japanese version or im gonna have to rethink things.

And I see yuko have a tail I guess it was to much for our western eyes thats to bad I seen that coming
I only talk when its something Instereting to talk about
http://psnprofiles.com/zane20x

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:47 am

*Points up*

As shown in the English screenshot and cited by a NISA staff member, the fog does go away over time.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 am

I decided to look into things a bit further and looked at some gameplay footage of the mingame from the Japanese version. I found this which has gameplay for the first 45 minutes of the game and shows off the minigame a couple times near the end. And the amount of fog there looks near identical to the amount of fog found in Ran's picture from the trailer that people are throwing around.

Geez, I have to say, if it wasn't for the fact that NISA flat out said that the minigame is getting censored...I wouldn't have noticed it at all from the previews and trailers provided. Cause everything I'm looking up has them pretty much being similar to the Japanese version.

1MegaMan10
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby 1MegaMan10 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:58 am

It's almost as if people should wait and see before panicking... :? ...It can't be helped though since it's human nature. (*Points to what happened when we thought NIS was a sinking ship)

Also nice research man! : :)

It really seems NISA went for a minimalist approached, as compared to Mugen.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:14 am

pintsizedpurple wrote:It almost looks like there is a girl under there. http://i.imgur.com/CqYCaz7.jpg

That's the very beginning of the very first level of Motivation. In other words, that's the max amount of fog that you will see.

bob slim wrote:And I see yuko have a tail I guess it was to much for our western eyes thats to bad I seen that coming

...There's a tail in the J version too...She's dressing up...Notice the ears?
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:27 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:
pintsizedpurple wrote:It almost looks like there is a girl under there. http://i.imgur.com/CqYCaz7.jpg

That's the very beginning of the very first level of Motivation. In other words, that's the max amount of fog that you will see.

Well, that definitely matches with what I found. So at the very least, the beginning levels are pretty much the same, fog-wise at least.

Let's see if I can find some stuff for the latter levels, cause I'm really curious at this point.

bob slim
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby bob slim » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 am

Prinny Supervisor wrote:

bob slim wrote:And I see yuko have a tail I guess it was to much for our western eyes thats to bad I seen that coming

...There's a tail in the J version too...She's dressing up...Notice the ears?

Oh it is I didnt know every video I seen on youtube didnt show it good to know now

:D
Last edited by bob slim on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only talk when its something Instereting to talk about
http://psnprofiles.com/zane20x

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:33 am

I think the one question for me, that's been left unanswered is how close we'll get to the original once we get to the final motivational scenes. Everything reads "we added more fog". My question remains is how close we'll get to final motivational scenes where the fog is minimal to none. Examples below. For all we know the final motivational scenes could be obscured by this added fog. Will we be getting to a point where the scenes are mostly, if not entirely visible?

I think that's where some of this noise is coming from at least, people don't know and are skeptical. I definitely appreciate NISA trying to be as transparent as possible, but some of my concerns remain unanswered.

http://nichegamer.net/media/2014/07/cri ... 8-14-2.jpg

http://www.otakustudy.com/wp-content/ga ... BuAVo9.jpg

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 pm

@Prinny Supervisor: Is there any way you can provide us with a screenshot of the very last motivational scene for one of the characters, showcasing the greatest changes you made in terms of added fog? This is assuming the editing has already been done - if it hasn't, well, not much you can do about it right now. :lol: I think some people would feel much better if they could see the changes (and compare them to the Japanese version of the game - YouTube is pretty handy that way), rather than simply being told they exist.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Criminal Girls”