Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:36 pm

pancakelizard, this isn't livejournal. No one's browsing the Criminal Girls official info thread to read your life story. This is not the place to make those kinds of statements. I don't like straight-up deleting posts, so I've spoiler-tagged yours, but I want you to know that if I were in a slightly worse mood, that ridiculous diatribe of yours would be deleted and you would have earned yourself a ban. You've been warned.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:00 pm

I'd like to remind everyone, before the matter is dropped forever, that if someone on the forum is harrassing you over PM, you are within your rights to report them to the administration, as that sort of thing is not allowed here.

That anyone would start insulting anyone in either direction on the subject of this game is supremely ridiculous. It's Criminal Girls. My days on the Defense Squad are over, but it's been abundantly clear for months that this particular hill is a lost fight.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:pancakelizard, this isn't livejournal. No one's browsing the Criminal Girls official info thread to read your life story. This is not the place to make those kinds of statements. I don't like straight-up deleting posts, so I've spoiler-tagged yours, but I want you to know that if I were in a slightly worse mood, that ridiculous diatribe of yours would be deleted and you would have earned yourself a ban. You've been warned.

Great tone for a PR person. God forbid someone air legit complaints after being mercilessly attacked and mocked by people who you never once threatened with a ban.
Last edited by pancakelizard on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:but I want you to know that if I were in a slightly worse mood, that ridiculous diatribe of yours would be deleted and you would have earned yourself a ban. You've been warned.

Mother of...I mean, I know humans are irrational, and it's good to admit it, but come on.

And for the record, if part C of pancakelizard's post wasn't relevant, then around at least 15% of the posts in the topics I've been to shouldn't be either.

I'm so sorry pancakelizard, I've gained more respect for you after reading your post.

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
Prinny Supervisor wrote:but I want you to know that if I were in a slightly worse mood, that ridiculous diatribe of yours would be deleted and you would have earned yourself a ban. You've been warned.

Mother of...I mean, I know humans are irrational, and it's good to admit it, but come on.

And for the record, if part C of pancakelizard's post wasn't relevant, then around at least 15% of the posts in the topics I've been to shouldn't be either.

I'm so sorry pancakelizard, I've gained more respect for you after reading your post.

Thanks.

I was merely addressing certain people here who have personally insulted, mocked, and harassed me whether in public or in PM. None of which who were ever threatened with a ban.

My response was perfectly relevant for the type of criticism that has been laid upon me here both publicly and in PM.

Even if some people see me as coming across as unreasonable, this guy is public relations for the company. He should be trying to act neutral here, but he clearly isn't. Just read some of Megaman's continued outright mockery of me, never saw him get threatened with a ban.

It appears as long as the criticism isn't aimed at NISA it's OK to mock and outright troll someone because they must be a terrible person for daring to complain.

I would have been long gone from these forums had it not been that I've been repeatedly insulted and goaded on by many of the members on here.

Prinny Supervisor's response again only serves to escalate hostilities.

He should be here to try to diffuse such situations, not add to them by coming across as insulting and condescending. Mocking me himself.

He should take to heart what I had to say in my post when it comes to customer service, and NISA's relationship with their customers. Even if he does see me as being unreasonable. It's the job of PR and customer support to diffuse the situation and apologize for any prior mistreatment.

Edit: I was thinking of writing a letter to NIS Japan and having a professional translator translate it for me to present in both English and Japanese, but had lost motivation.

PS might have just re-motivated me to do so though.

Hopefully they have more respect for their customers than NISA.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:22 pm

pancakelizard wrote:
Spoiler:
My life savings amounts to a little over $30,000

*Ahem*

Thank you sir. Now if I could just your bank login, credit card and social security numbers, we'll be right with you.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:26 pm

neonie wrote:
pancakelizard wrote:
Spoiler:
My life savings amounts to a little over $30,000

*Ahem*

Thank you sir. Now if I could just your bank login, credit card and social security numbers, we'll be right with you.

As if this is comparable to bank login info, credit card numbers or SSNs.

Perfect example of the kind of behavior that PS isn't doing anything to stem. It's okay to mock me, while adding literally zero substance to the dialogue, but just don't dare say anything bad about NISA!

(I reported the post btw, but watch as absolutely nothing happens)

Normally I would take this kind of silliness in stride and just laugh, but just pointing out a double standard here.

Maybe neonie was just trying to be funny, certainly not on the same level as Megaman's prior crap-slinging, but still. It's hard to know how to take this considering the abuse I've endured on this forum so far.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:10 pm

1. Don't post how much money you have saved up on the internet.

2. I wasn't "making fun of you", you are thirty years old, you should know better. I'm twenty five and even I know not to post that sort of information on the internet.

3. Immediately after that, in that same post:

pancakelizard wrote:If that's what you consider "rich", then I'd hate to know how poor you are.

You probably weren't intending to, but boy does that make you sound like a dick. There are a lot of things I could do with $30,000, but hey guess what, I'm actually poor.

4. You quite literally have taken everything everyone has said to you on this board as them "mocking" or "making fun of you". Again, you are, at the very least, saying that you are thirty. You need to learn how to take some criticism, how to not post deeply personal stuff on a public forum, and how to deal with the backlash of doing so if you decide to.

This isn't me making you dude, this is me being straight with you: You have a poor understanding of how things work. When people try to tell you this, you tell them "No I don't, you do." You can't take any criticism. Quite frankly I'm amazed there are people who are willing to put up with your blatant ignorance (note: Literal "ignorance", as in "ignore"ing facts, not the common substitute for "stupidity") for more then one or two posts. It's why I have largely chosen not to engage you for the most part, because you simply won't listen to what anyone has to say.

Spoiler:

pintsizedpurple
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pintsizedpurple » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:pancakelizard, this isn't livejournal. No one's browsing the Criminal Girls official info thread to read your life story. This is not the place to make those kinds of statements. I don't like straight-up deleting posts, so I've spoiler-tagged yours, but I want you to know that if I were in a slightly worse mood, that ridiculous diatribe of yours would be deleted and you would have earned yourself a ban. You've been warned.

Was that really called for?

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:47 pm

neonie wrote:1. Don't post how much money you have saved up on the internet.

Eh, people have their net worth reported publicly all the time. I was merely trying to make the point that I'm in no way "rich". Also, I'm saving up for a good down payment on a house, so it's not like most of that money isn't already accounted for.

You're grasping at straws trying to turn things back around on me as damage control from the above obvious mistreatment by Prinny Supervisor and his complete inability to diffuse any situation on these forums effectively and fairly.

neonie wrote:2. I wasn't "making fun of you", you are thirty years old, you should know better. I'm twenty five and even I know not to post that sort of information on the internet.

Actually, it doesn't really matter in the least. I've had such info shared with me before, and to others plenty of times. For some reason to some people it's "socially wrong" to speak of such things, but I don't hold such qualms.

Again, bad attempt at a personal attack in disguise in an attempt to distract from NISA's own actions and hypocrisy.

As for the "making fun of you" thing. I get that you probably weren't now, it's just I was rather jarred by PS' response after having failed to make such threats or use such a condescending tone towards people who really were mocking me and trying to goad me into anger. You can't deny that was the intent of posts like Megaman's with the whole "internet bux" thing over and over.

neonie wrote:You probably weren't intending to, but boy does that make you sound like a dick. There are a lot of things I could do with $30,000, but hey guess what, I'm actually poor.

$30,000 isn't a lot of money if you actually plan on retiring, especially not if it's mostly spoken for a down payment on a house. I have plenty of friends who have much less savings than that, but even they would admit it's not a lot of money. (Some of my other friends have over a million in savings, literally...)

Again, another weak attempt at distracting from the real issues here.

neonie wrote:4. You quite literally have taken everything everyone has said to you on this board as them "mocking" or "making fun of you". Again, you are, at the very least, saying that you are thirty. You need to learn how to take some criticism, how to not post deeply personal stuff on a public forum, and how to deal with the backlash of doing so if you decide to.

Considering the sheer amount of crap I've taken on this forum, I think I've handled the situation quite well. I also feel you're being mendacious here by trying to say I'm accusing EVERY poster and every post as being "mocking" me. The one I cited specifically, (Megaman's) was though.

neonie wrote:This isn't me making you dude, this is me being straight with you: You have a poor understanding of how things work. When people try to tell you this, you tell them "No I don't, you do." You can't take any criticism. Quite frankly I'm amazed there are people who are willing to put up with your blatant ignorance (note: Literal "ignorance", as in "ignore"ing facts, not the common substitute for "stupidity") for more then one or two posts. It's why I have largely chosen not to engage you for the most part, because you simply won't listen to what anyone has to say.

***If you wanted to offer me "advice" you would have done it in PM.***

This is just a personal attack disguised as "advice". The fact people on this forum actually act like it would have required a significant investment to not force every region to have the same censored version is ridiculous.

Yeah, it's not condescending at all to try to say "Oh you don't understand how anything works d00d, ya big dummy".

This is nothing more than an attempt to distract from things by attacking me personally.

Have you ever hacked up binaries before? Have you ever written a line of code in your entire life?

Maybe it's you who doesn't understand how anything works. If you did, maybe you wouldn't think $30,000 was a lot of money or somehow think disclosing this info is any sort of big deal.

NISA's excuses re: not being able to make a DLC or a different version for NA are absolutely absurd and reek of laziness. Of course they'll never change their minds, but the fact that they ruled this out from the beginning and people are actually pretending this would have taken any significant amount of work is absurd. God forbid we inconvenience the developers to make our customers happy!

Of course there are more logistics involved than simply reverting the code back, and replacing some game files, but really, it shouldn't be much unless NIS' level of bureaucracy is at insane levels.

I am listening to what people have to say, despite you claiming I have been ignoring them. Disagreeing with them isn't the same as ignoring them.

The biggest reveal is how someone said to me literally "it would inconvenience the developers".

No this has nothing to do with me being ignorant, this has to do with you trying to turn things back around on me without actually saying anything of substance at all.

All the while distracting from the double standards in Prinny Supervisor's moderation.
Last edited by pancakelizard on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:14 pm

pintsizedpurple wrote:

Was that really called for?

Of course it wasn't. But hey, it's more important that I said how much money I had in savings (approximately) and to make fun of me for it, all the while trying to say they're just giving some friendly "advice".

Gotta distract as much as possible from the fact NISA's PR and customer service are terrible and the fact the hypocrisy is off the charts here. Along with the fact that the cuts made to this game were completely unnecessary for an NA region release.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:18 pm

pancakelizard wrote:

No. Anything I say to you in particular I'm doing in a place everyone can see it, so you can't claim I'm "attacking you over PM".

But I'm also done talking to you now.

Spoiler:

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 pm

neonie wrote:
pancakelizard wrote:

No. Anything I say to you in particular I'm doing in a place everyone can see it, so you can't claim I'm "attacking you over PM".

Are you implying that I was lying about the PM I received from Chizuru, or just that I'm dishonest in general? Not sure what else your point would be.

Again, you expose yourself as being entirely disingenuous. You're making a personal attack on my character by implying I'd lie about such a thing and trying to disguise it as something else.

All you've ever done every time you've responded to me is try to misdirect.

Let me just give you some "friendly advice" in public, not trying to make fun of you at all man. Not being condescending at all, you just don't understand how anything works dude. You're ignorant. /sarcasm

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm just going to reiterate you're assuming a lot for someone not in the game publishing business.

You either believe NISAs statements or you don't, you clearly don't and have made that opinion very clear to the point of redundancy. Calling NISA liars and vehemently attacking them without any proof doesn't help your crusade either.

Now I'd rather not see anyone banned or being attacked here so here's my neutral stance.

The life story was wholly unnecessary to the discussion topic and I'm well aware there are also other posts off topic as well. Posters just need to try and stay on topic and report what falls way out of line.

I do also think Prinnys post was out of line, but I can see his frustration. I do think NISA employees should be held to a higher posting standard than the average user and I definitely get the vibe the overall tone of that post was uncalled for.

Now everyone should get on topic about Criminal Girls which is what we're all here for after all.

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:03 am

razisgosu wrote:I'm just going to reiterate you're assuming a lot for someone not in the game publishing business.

You either believe NISAs statements or you don't, you clearly don't and have made that opinion very clear to the point of redundancy. Calling NISA liars and vehemently attacking them without any proof doesn't help your crusade either.

Let me apologize to you specifically as at least you seem to be sincere here. While I don't believe I've been abusive to you here I was more rude to you on another forum.

And I don't mean so much to be calling NISA liars as much as expressing disappointment that they haven't exactly clearly confirmed the cuts were necessary for the ESRB to avoid an "AO" rating.

razisgosu wrote:Now I'd rather not see anyone banned or being attacked here so here's my neutral stance.

The life story was wholly unnecessary to the discussion topic and I'm well aware there are also other posts off topic as well. Posters just need to try and stay on topic and report what falls way out of line.

I felt it was necessary to dispel some attacks on my character, especially when someone accused me of never having to deal with adversity. Had such attacks never been thrown at me I would have never went into my personal life.

Assuming my character is not attacked in such a way there will be no reason for me to respond as I did.

razisgosu wrote:I do also think Prinnys post was out of line, but I can see his frustration. I do think NISA employees should be held to a higher posting standard than the average user and I definitely get the vibe the overall tone of that post was uncalled for.

I admit I certainly wouldn't want the job of policing these forums either.

At the same time, I would like to reiterate what I said earlier to Prinny regarding public relations.

If this were literally almost any other business he would not have been able to get away with being so rude to someone who has spent so much money as a customer.

Public relations and customer service involve dealing with irate and even completely unreasonable customers. The job should be to diffuse things, not to escalate them. Trust me when I say that you have not helped NISA's image to anyone but your most hardcore supporters by responding the way you did.

Although, I think the biggest mistake that was made here was to have locked the censorship specific threads. It would have been much better if people had just been contained about talking about this topic in the appropriate threads instead of trying to shut down that discussion entirely. It probably would have mostly died out by now had those threads not been locked. We were also more or less told in the past that once Criminal Girls had it's own sub-forum we'd be able to talk about it all we wanted, at least if contained to a specific thread.

razisgosu wrote:Now everyone should get on topic about Criminal Girls which is what we're all here for after all.

I should probably just leave then, like I should have long ago, as I'm not ever going to sway NISA and I'm just going to continue to be frustrated by most of the responses I get on this forum. Most of the people on my side of this issue have long since left the forum and given up, never to return. I shouldn't even be burdening myself with trying to carry this side on my own.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do other than express my disapproval regarding some of NISA's decisions and their vagueness in response to certain details regarding this whole ratings issue.

I originally just came here to vent a bit, but then I let myself get swept up in people's responses which just kept escalating the matter further and further. I honestly would have just left it at a few posts a week ago and forgot about it had it not been for the unnecessary vitriol aimed at me from certain posters on this forum.

I can be bad about holding grudges. A personal flaw I admit, but if it had not been for the continued escalation of hostilities by some of on this forum I would have long since let all of this go.

Oh and Neonie, let me apologize assuming you were actually trying to be sincere, but if you were your tact was surely lacking, not that I'm always the most tactful person myself I admit.

Point being you aren't going to diffuse the situation by condescendingly lecturing me about how I must just be totally ignorant without even really giving much if any evidence to back this up, and then focusing so much over some small detail that really was of no major consequence.

In conclusion, I never came here with high hopes of swaying NISA, especially not after they've already released the game. I'm just not sure how else I can at least try to keep stuff like the censorship in Mugen Souls and Criminal Girls from happening again in the future without giving those involved at least some grief about it. I also feel like I'm justified in complaining considering how much I've spent on NISA products and video games in general.

I still hope NISA will redeem themselves by releasing a DLC in regions where it can be done, even if there is almost no chance of this happening.

Although honestly, it would also take them releasing DLCs for the other games they censored for me to praise them as I company I respected again, like I once did a long time ago.

PS. On painkillers right now after some minor surgery and it's hard for me to focus so I hope I haven't rambled on too much and that I'm explaining things well.

Return to “Criminal Girls”