Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby ArmedDragoon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:14 am

pancakelizard wrote:Although, I think the biggest mistake that was made here was to have locked the censorship specific threads. It would have been much better if people had just been contained about talking about this topic in the appropriate threads instead of trying to shut down that discussion entirely. It probably would have mostly died out by now had those threads not been locked. We were also more or less told in the past that once Criminal Girls had it's own sub-forum we'd be able to talk about it all we wanted, at least if contained to a specific thread.

Not ignoring the rest of your post to disrespect you, but I'll reply to this and correct Razi. You guys are posting in the censorship thread right now. The Criminal Girls General Thread is somewhere else, this thread is the censorship thread in all but name, which is why all this discussion is allowed here, so "let's get back on-topic" is rather silly.

I find it overall disconcerting that pancake registered here with what I saw as legitimate concern and carefully worded greviences, and months later I see him posting again, and everyone's throwing bile at each other. I'm getting kind of disappointed with how the community is carrying itself.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:34 am

Do I really have to start banning people, or can we please at least maintain a reasonably convincing appearance of actually discussing Criminal Girls info in the Criminal Girls info thread?

This thread isn't about you, it's about the game. This applies to everyone. I really should not have to explain why keeping things at least somewhat on-topic is a good idea.

You will never, ever see me delete a post that is solely a critcism of Criminal Girls, or hell, even NISA in general using CG as an example. Your entire post could be "CG sucks and here's why", and I would have no problem with that at all. By all means, critique, complain, and criticize. But you cannot and will not turn the entire direction of the thread to yourself or another person.

As for my own post, I'm sure I came off as condescending. I don't particularly like coming to these threads and finding myself in the middle of a quarrel that simply should not exist, or if it must, not be in these threads. I certainly don't come here with the intention of making people upset. Having re-read what I wrote, I'm sure I could have just said "stay on topic, please", but I didn't. A bit too annoyed at seeing so many off-topic posts to go with that response.

So that's that then. Let's move on to an actual discussion of Criminal Girls, shall we? If I haven't made myself perfectly clear, PM me.

Ahem...sorry for the awkward mood now. Annnnyyyyway...

Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:18 am

pancakelizard wrote:Edit: I was thinking of writing a letter to NIS Japan and having a professional translator translate it for me to present in both English and Japanese, but had lost motivation.

PS might have just re-motivated me to do so though.

Hopefully they have more respect for their customers than NISA.

Hope that goes well for you.
Let us know if they reply, I'd be interested in hearing it.

And I'm pretty sure the staff at Nis are much friendlier than what they are at Nisa.
They wont use harsh words or get personal that's for sure, like some of the staff here do.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
pancakelizard wrote:Edit: I was thinking of writing a letter to NIS Japan and having a professional translator translate it for me to present in both English and Japanese, but had lost motivation.

PS might have just re-motivated me to do so though.

Hopefully they have more respect for their customers than NISA.

Hope that goes well for you.
Let us know if they reply, I'd be interested in hearing it.

And I'm pretty sure the staff at Nis are much friendlier than what they are at Nisa.
They wont use harsh words or get personal that's for sure, like some of the staff here do.

Another day of "Japan vs. America: The people's tact"

Have fun.

pancakelizard
Majin
Majin

Postby pancakelizard » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 pm

So Prinny, considering you came across as downright insulting to me last night...

How about doing your job and taking care of these insulting PMs I keep getting from Chizuru?

You keep threatening to hand out bans, seems like this deserves one

Otherwise, I could go on a long rant about how I don't need to go to college because college is a complete joke and I love my current job and it pays pretty well. Why would I waste my money on college when no one cares about it as long as you have experience, as far as IT jobs go?

Also, I guess Chizuru has never heard of industry certifications before. (A much better value for your money) Or a GED, which I missed only two questions on after having only been through one year of high school. (It was an extremely long test too.)

Regardless, the "you are a joke" statement seems about as of direct of a personal attack as I've seen on these forums so far.

I guess since he/she can't further the narrative that I've never faced adversity in my life I'm now a liar and a "joke".
Last edited by pancakelizard on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:13 pm

Please keep the posts in this thread on topic. If you have a particular problem with a user, PM me about it. This thread isn't the right place for that.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Mr.Mister
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Mr.Mister » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:02 pm

If I may give you a good advice.
Let's be good.
At the end only your account will be blocked.

If you have a particular problem with a user, PM me about it.

And that brings what?
nothing

Because you never would block users who are on your side.

Btw. I have finally lost my trust in this company. NISA is dead for me. Sorry but breach of trust, lie and insult is an absolute no-go

In any case I've bought the JP version of GC. And not only that, I have also sold all games NISA has Released. So Hyperdimension Neptunia, Mk2 and Victory, Mugen Souls, Disgaea. Everything.

Even if I do not speak the Japanese language, I buy rather an uncensored Japanese versions, as yet to put a single cent in this company.

I'm done with you. Deal with it that you have lost another customer. But actually, you do not really care. Some of it is even very pleased that another "troublemaker" is gone. Not true?

Goodbye forever.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Mr.Mister wrote:
If you have a particular problem with a user, PM me about it.

And that brings what?
nothing

Because you never would block users who are on your side.

Have you actually tried?
Because I think somehow moderating their own forums to not have unpleasantries is more important than having rude fans that reflect badly on them anyway.

You're also not helping your own case.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Blocking/banning people is the least effective way to handle a situation. PM'ing a mod helps keep the conflicts off the forums and creates an open dialogue to help resolve an issue. Being tactful when making comments goes a long way. Like it's been said before, opinions and criticisms are welcome, but civility is all we ask.

I understand people feel frustrated that their voices aren't being heard (though they are), but the personal attacks, derogatory comments, etc... are what's not acceptable. That's the reason why Houk locked the censorship thread. The attacks were getting too out of hand. It wasn't that he or the other NISA staff thought the censorship discussion shouldn't happen, it's because people couldn't, for a lack of a better word, "play nice" with each other. The NISA staff have stated numerous times their stance on censorship. This thread wasn't made for continued censorship discussions. It's a FAQ type thread where people can ask questions specifically about Criminal Girls and find answers made by NISA staff in the original post.

If people feel that they still want to discuss things like censorship and/or why there's no English audio in the game, then they can send one of the blue or red mods a PM and/or send NISA an email.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:08 pm

That wasn't the kind of blocking they were on about lopez.
It was more accusing the mods of never banning anyone who considers themselves a "NISA fan" and therefore "supports" the company.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:21 pm

Ringwraith wrote:That wasn't the kind of blocking they were on about lopez.
It was more accusing the mods of never banning anyone who considers themselves a "NISA fan" and therefore "supports" the company.

That would be patently untrue though, since I can't really think of anyone who is 100% ok with or enjoys every game NISA puts out (even the biggest proponents on this board have games that NISA puts out they don't care about/play), and the idea that the mods never ban anyone who is a forum regular is just inaccurate, since Zeke was banned for a year. (Still came back too.)
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Wasn't saying the accusation had any merit.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I didn't want to add to the off topic parade that this thread has turned into any more than I have, but... Okay, one last time!

All @ lopez
Spoiler:
lopez wrote:Blocking/banning people is the least effective way to handle a situation. PM'ing a mod helps keep the conflicts off the forums and creates an open dialogue to help resolve an issue. Being tactful when making comments goes a long way. Like it's been said before, opinions and criticisms are welcome, but civility is all we ask.
Banning - or at least warning - people who aren't willing to take part and be productive parts of the community is hardly the least effective way. If you have people here only to cause trouble or people who only are causing trouble and are negatively effecting the community, you give them warnings and, if need be, you ban them. That is what moderating and maintaining a forum entails, not sitting on a chair and asking for people to play nice. You don't need to be a moderator for that. My one warning was given for far, far less than the ridiculousness that is going on in this thread, but getting some sense and perspective slapped into me even over something that silly did me far more good than a mod coming into a thread and telling me to play nice ever would have. If you let people run wild, they will run wild, and that's what's going on here.

Being tactful and civil is wonderful, but you're ignoring the fact that we're not talking about tactful, civil conversations here. We're talking about off topic ranting that has had nothing to do with the actual game in question for multiple pages now. If being off topic is something you can report someone for, and it is, then that means off topic posts to the extent that these have been should have earned something more than asking people to play nice. That doesn't give anyone incentive to actually play nice - consequences do. Structure does. Frankly, a more concrete and less vague list of rules is something this board has needed for a long time too, but that's another point.

lopez wrote:It wasn't that he or the other NISA staff thought the censorship discussion shouldn't happen, it's because people couldn't, for a lack of a better word, "play nice" with each other.
Which is exactly why there are supposed to be consequences for not doing so, as outlined in the first post of this thread in fact (the words "strictly moderated" are used, meaning anyone posting in this thread agreed to that as soon as they posted) and why there should be rules in place to encourage that behavior.

lopez wrote:This thread wasn't made for continued censorship discussions. It's a FAQ type thread where people can ask questions specifically about Criminal Girls and find answers made by NISA staff in the original post.
Yes it is. Or at least that is part of what it was intended to be.

Houk said so himself right here, and if you actually read the first post of this thread, it's actually very clear that that was meant to be one purpose of this thread and why it was kept open after the FAQ part ended. That was part of the point. Unless it was unofficially changed when we weren't looking, or your clearly uninformed statements were meant to be taken as that changed, this is the censorship discussion thread. It's just also other things too.

I've said it multiple times now, but you really need to stop making things worse by pushing something you truly are wrong about. This is the censorship discussion thread. There is no arguing that, so unless you intend to make and moderate a new one, there's no logic in trying.

And the worst part? The problem we're experiencing right now isn't even because of that. It has nothing to do with whether or not this thread isn't supposed to be a discussion about the censorship. The discussion actually taking place has next to nothing to do with the actual game and how it was censored. Actual discussion of the censorship, so long as it's civil and so on, shouldn't be breaking any rules - according to how this thread was set up and what you said earlier, that should be perfectly acceptable. What we've been dealing with these past few pages, however, not so much.

lopez wrote:If people feel that they still want to discuss things like censorship and/or why there's no English audio in the game, then they can send one of the blue or red mods a PM and/or send NISA an email.
Houk wrote:I'm not going to limit discussion of the topic itself, but any amount of hostility, aggression, or otherwise negative or destructive conversation will be strictly moderated. That's true whether it's aimed at us directly or at other users.
Read this. It's at the very bottom of the first post of this thread - its intention was not to limit the discussion, as you repeatedly have said it is, and it was not only for the purpose of creating the FAQ on the first page. It was for users to - civilly - discuss it. But because we're not getting any moderation beyond "please stop" to people who are doing far more than what the thread set out to allow, we're in the shitty situation that we are. I'm not blaming anyone for that because Houk used to be here out of goodwill and Prinny Supervisor and you are unpaid volunteers essentially, but it's still what's going on and we can't keep beating around the bush.

And I'm saying this as someone who has often criticized NISA's localizations too, before anyone jumps on me and says I'm being a fanboy. I'm speaking as someone who wants better, cleaner boards for everyone, and I would hope anyone who actually comes here to do more than complain about an already released game would want the same.

neonie wrote:That would be patently untrue though, since I can't really think of anyone who is 100% ok with or enjoys every game NISA puts out (even the biggest proponents on this board have games that NISA puts out they don't care about/play), and the idea that the mods never ban anyone who is a forum regular is just inaccurate, since Zeke was banned for a year. (Still came back too.)
Yeah Zeke is living proof that that's wrong - and anyone who has a warning on their record that stuck around. Aushria was banned once, came back, and racked up even more warnings and still sticks around, and I've got a warning too.

Forum mods shouldn't, ideally, play favorites, because the only favorite they should have is just keeping things peaceful and enjoyable for the community without restricting them or any of that.

That all said and done, this is all still very off topic and I really suggest we move on if possible. If new threads and discussions need to be made for these topics, in the Feedback, Random, or General boards, since a lot's come up in these conversations, then, mods willing, my suggestion would be to take those things to wherever is most appropriate so that this can either get back on track or sit here and rot like the ones in the Mugen Souls boards.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Wasn't saying the accusation had any merit.

I wasn't saying you were (though I did anticipate you taking it that way, and probably should have said something :P) I was just explaining how it was wrong.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:36 am

neonie wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Wasn't saying the accusation had any merit.

I wasn't saying you were (though I did anticipate you taking it that way, and probably should have said something :P) I was just explaining how it was wrong.

Every little thing, is frankly ridiculous~

Return to “Criminal Girls”