Info and Stuff

Haunting its way to Europe on the PS3 + PS Vita
Gunner
Vassal
Vassal

Info and Stuff

Postby Gunner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:07 am

Okay, this is something I'm really looking forward too, despite how badly I suck with horror games. If any of the information here is incorrect, just correct it here, send me a PM, I don't care how or what you do, but don't just leave it be, please.

Try to hide your spoilers, guys.

Now, as for how the game works, the closest comparison I can think of is potentially Mind 0. The game has novel portions and battle portions. A live-motion effect is used on the characters, which looks pretty nice.

The story is that you, the so far nameless and faceless new transfer student at Kurenai Academy High School in Shinjuku, Tokyo. I believe the only gender option is male. During a tour of the school with the class chairwoman, Sayuri (Black haired chick. Most likely the heroine.), he ends up in a fight against an evil spirit. The two of them are saved by Masamune Shiga (I believe he's the glasses dude.) and Chizuru Fukurai (Glasses brunette.) You're then recruited to join Evening Spatium Company in rooting out ghosties.

In the novel portions, there aren't any branching options, from what I've heard. At least, not in the traditional sense. How it works is you change the mood of the conversation itself. You combine one of the 5 emotions given (not sure about all of them, but one is love, so I'd be assuming the others are happiness, sadness, anger and fear?) along with one of the five senses (taste, touch, sight, etc.) whenever the game asks for input, which should change the game's ending.

Battles seem to be a mix of strategy/puzzle games and basic turn based RPGs. You can lay out traps and sensors on a map that will help you figure out enemy movement and deal some damage should the foes stumble into their traps. Stuff costs money though, and the predictions of where the ghosts will be exactly may be wrong. The game can also swap between players planning their move for the turn on a battle map and a camera feed from each character’s head as they move around. (Probably actual cameras.) When encountering a ghost, it just seems to be you whack it, it whacks you, rinse and repeat. A video of the battle system can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvpRrVRCLzQ

Ghosts only show up if you land a successful hit on them. There also appears to be a turn limit, probably how long you have until the ghost disappears. You seem to have reinforcements, too, but I think you're only allowed two characters on the field at the same time?

But yeah, so far it looks super interesting, and I'm probably gonna preorder it when possible.
Oh! Lord! The one and only God of Prosciutto, radiant and beautiful!

Gunner
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Info and Stuff

Postby Gunner » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Alright, Aksys's website has a lot more info.
We've got a character page here http://aksysgames.com/ttgh/characters, but don't go there if you wanna stay absolutely clean. Nothing spoilery, really, just a lot of characters than the "main three".

And the game's available for preorder at a bunch of places, so I know where my money's going. The game's available for the vita and PS3, in case some of you don't know.

Gunner
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Gunner » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 am

C'mon, I can't really be the only dude interested in this?

Oh, and the english name for the company, AKA where you do your ghosting is Gate Keepers Inc.

Yeah, the AKSYS webpage has a lot more info than the NISA one. Or the NISA one's info is hard to find.

And the game is split up into 13 Episodes. Make out of that what you will.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:16 am

Gunner wrote:C'mon, I can't really be the only dude interested in this?

Nope, I'm very interested and will be there day 1 to buy this, but I'm trying to keep out-of-the-loop about the game itself. All I've read so far is that it's a visual novel with some gameplay elements, and that's good enough for me ;)

Gunner
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Gunner » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Kresnik wrote:
Nope, I'm very interested and will be there day 1 to buy this, but I'm trying to keep out-of-the-loop about the game itself. All I've read so far is that it's a visual novel with some gameplay elements, and that's good enough for me ;)

Well, at least I'm not alone. Although it's somewhat odd that the NISA webpage for it doesn't have much information compared to the other site.

It seems easy to keep out the loop at least, just don't go on siliconera or destructoid and all that other stuff.

I feel like the game is really going to have some dark content though. And dark as in, like, Soul Nomad dark.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Kresnik wrote:
Gunner wrote:C'mon, I can't really be the only dude interested in this?

Basically this. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like it so I'm staying away from eeeeeeeverything. :lol:

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm really looking forward to this game too. But like others have said, I'm trying to avoid most of the trailers and online stuff so I can be as unspoiled as possible. Day 1 for Vita.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 pm

I will also be pre-ordering the game (once it is available through Aksys' website). \

I have not played Mind Zero yet, though from what I have seen I would not classify it as a visual novel.
I rather hope Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is a visual novel proper with some gameplay interspersed throughout (in the vein of the Zero Escape Series).

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Mind Zero is indeed not a visual novel (it's a DRPG), although apparently its story segments go on for big chunks of time if certain players/reviewers are to be believed.

This sounds far more like a proper visual novel. If you're interested in other visual novels, you should check out both of Danganronpa 1 & 2 and the upcoming Steins;Gate.

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:14 am

This sounds far more like a proper visual novel. If you're interested in other visual novels, you should check out both of Danganronpa 1 & 2 and the upcoming Steins;Gate.

I was ecstatic over the news of Steins;Gate coming to the Vita. I haven't played the game, but as soon as the pre-orders for LE are up it will be mine :D ! Both Danganronpas are in my to-buy list; I am very keen on playing them.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:53 am

I'm really interested in this too. But i've read a post from a guy saying that the Japanese reviews weren't so warm towards the game...

Anywayz, it looks promising and i'll definitely give it a try:)
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

FiveOVER
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby FiveOVER » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 am

Day 1 for me too. It sounds really interesting and I'm into VNs, so why not?
PSN: FIVE_Overs

NewGuy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NewGuy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:16 pm

The second trailer of the game is up, and it delves a bit more into the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrGACgv3rTo

souledge94
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby souledge94 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:05 pm

NewGuy wrote:The second trailer of the game is up, and it delves a bit more into the mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrGACgv3rTo

I saw the stream and this and im still confused. Ill wait till the game is out to see how it is.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:32 am

So any reviews or anything related to this game? 2 weeks until it gets released and i'm thinking about getting it for the sake of support.

And the question is this? PS3 or Vita version?
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

Return to “Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters”