Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Give your reviews on the latest games!
User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:09 am

lopez wrote:Utilizing tropes is just lazy writing. Every character and theme can have depth and detail to them.

I agree the story doesn't take itself too seriously, but that's actually a fault considering there are some potentially deep themes like depression, coercion, manipulation, self-esteem, self identity and more involved. If the writer just wanted to go for shock & awe, then they could've left out a lot of those themes instead of leaving them in half-baked and underwhelming :(


I think that it's kinda difficult for each character to be really depth-y. Then again, you can find really interesting and memorable characters there, even if they are using tropes.

And as for the theme of the series, is mainly Hope vs Despair done in a really interesting way. And that's why the rest of the themes are not so well developed, cause this is the main focus of the series, meaning hope and despair.

For example, you can actually view:

DR1 End-Game Spoilers:

Spoiler:
the destroyed world as a sample of a person's Despair; Despair can be destructive given a difficult situation a person experiences and everything around that person could begin crumbling away. That's why the rest of the survivors intened to build the world anew (build=Hope). It's all part of the symbolism.


So i think that this story really was refreshing:)

And you said that you liked Kyoko the most... But how many times we've seen the serious, silent type? ;)
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lopez » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:35 pm

I guess I expect more from characters than what was shown. Is there more to Byakuya than just being a pompous ass due to his family pedigree?
Spoiler:
How did Toko develop a psychopathic killer identity? What happened in her life that forced this to manifest? How could one person manipulate people on a global scale to do her twisted bidding?
There's more I could post, but the point is that depth and details are what matters. Spending more time fleshing the characters and plot out would go a long way. Sure, the story doesn't take itself too seriously, but it's hard to enjoy it when there's no point of attachment.

Zero Escape makes meaningful connections with everything that's presented. There's a purpose behind the mastermind's plans. There is deep personal history that anchors each decision, each thought, each action. Sure, these games are two different beasts with different goals and agendas in mind, but ZE gives me the development I want from a text-heavy game (though I expect development in any medium that has a story and characters).

I like Kyoko, but I also said why I like her. It's less about her personality and more about her analytical mind. She was the only character that was really trying to make any meaningful sense of the world around her. She was making the logical connections and digging deeper for the details. She was the personification of what I wanted from this game and its story :geek:
Image

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:08 am

Well, regarding Toko, as far as i can remember:

Spoiler:
She was obsessed with young men that they used to dump her as a woman and that thing really hit her and made her form Genocider Syo. That's why all of her killings involve men and not women.


And for Togami, you need to speak to him and fill his report card, then you'll understand why he is the lovely asshole we all know.

And as for ZE and it's purpose:

Spoiler:
I told you before, Ronpa does NOT take itself serioulsy and realisticly (<is that even a word?) just like ZE. Junko never had a purpose behind all this, like money, fame, power or something like that. She is Despair in human form and this is the best she can do, spreading and tasting Despair. Hope's Peak Academy is the center of Hope and she took advantage of it, cause it's the exact opposite of her Despair; hence the Hope Vs Despair battle and dem symbolisms. And that's the really interesting thing: How did a "simple" fashion girl achieved something so grand? It's to admire for! This alone makes Ronpa stand out, cause as i said before, her motive wasn't a common thing that most bad guys are after:)


And to tell you the truth:

Spoiler:
I too was a little bit disappointed when i had finished the 1st game. I said: "What? No actual purpose behind her Despair? Not a serious goal just like ZE?" But as you said, we're talking about different beasts altogether; it took me a while, but that really grow inside me and BOOM!


:)
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lopez » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm

In the case of Toko
Spoiler:
that seems like a real stretch to say she developed a homicidal split personality from the fact that she was striking out in love. I mean, if she just stayed as Toko and went maniacal, then that's one thing, but to form a completely seperate persona? I know her split identity was more of a plot device, but I feel like the development behind it was shoehorned in.

On that same note, Byakuya's report card development was too predictable. Not all the powerful people in the world are snobbish condescending elitists. It almost felt like the game could only work based off all the existing and mundane gaming/anime tropes it utilized.


I do understand that the whole premise was the battle between Hope and Despair, but like I mentioned before I need a better foundation and more points of attachment to care about the story or characters. Even without the character development and such, there were too many vague and/or convenient explanations.
Spoiler:
If Hope really can conquer all, then why is it that Junko can brainwash almost the entire world into doing her bidding? If Junko really is so omnipotent, then how can one little nobody like Makoto convince people to embrace Hope? I mean almost everybody treats him like gutter trash, so how could a few words from him break people out of their Despair? Sure, immersion into the game's universe with unique mechanics, rules and criteria is all well and good, but Dangan doesn't really answer any of these substantial questions and more with its own terms. Everything just happens because that's how game are supposed to end, with the good guys winning and walking off into the sunset... :|


Again, they are two different games, but ZE not only builds a solid foundation, but also answers many of its own questions in-game. The contestants have meaningful purposes versus just being filler. The despair in that game comes off more genuine and believeable versus the goofy cartoony style in Dangan.

I really do want to like Dangan, but I feel like it really needs to improve in depth and detail.
Image

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:18 am

OK i'd like to say this: if we compare everything with ZE, then all the other story-driven and character developing games are lacking big time in front of these. Monumental games both of them, but not everything can be like them.

And as for:

DR1 Major Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Junko's manipulation, call it what you want; she being charismatic, influental, the Ultimate Despair spreading her "cause", causing others to fell into Despair, money by the buckets... Think the fact that she offered 10 million bucks in the 3rd chapter like it was nothing, so with so much money at her disposal in general, she could actually influent anyone. In sort, this is the emotion called DESPAIR and all of these events are the symbolism of it! Get it now?:)


And about Makoto, let me give you a recent example:

Ace Attorney Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Phoenix Wright, a rookie defense attorney with ONLY 3 succesful cases beat von Karma for the first time, a beast that never fell before in a trial in his lifetime. So it's not the first time that certain no-ones faced difficulties and emerged victorious. Reason why? They're the protagonists! And for the most part in games, movies etc., they tend to emerge victorious:)


And i've read everything you said inside the spoiler tags and the conclusion is this: you don't like EXTREMES.

And this word is what the DR universe is all about DONE PERFECTLY for what it wants to be:)

Maybe you should finish the 2nd game too, then some of your questions should be answered.
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lopez » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

And that's why I've been so disappointed with most video games for the past decade or so, they tend to fail so hard in the story/character department. I typically want a strong story and interesting and dynamic characters when the game focuses on story/characters. ZE is a great example of how games should be structured, but I can swap that example out with a couple more like: The Last of Us, the Ace Attorney series, Ghost Trick, Xenoblade Chronicles, Radiant Historia and a couple more I'm forgetting.

Dangan 1 spoils
Spoiler:
I think those examples and how the killers/victims died was more symbolic of the weakness in the hearts of man rather than "Despair."

Celestia caved in due to her desire for a lavish lifestyle.
Mondo caved in because he thought being a fraud or liar was the ultimate form of weakness as a man (for both him and the Techie, who's name I can't remember).
Sayaka caved in because she was concerned over her friends.
Etc...
Obviously they each have a twisted sense of hope in achieving their goals by winning the game. Having "despair" is equivalent to giving up, which no one did, regardless of the circumstances.
In the end, I would say the story was more about Integrity vs. Vulnerability.


With the Ace Attorney example:

Spoiler:
The message was about "Truth will always prevail" which in a sense is true. Von Karma was smart in how he constructed his various lies. I can't really say whether or not he ever earned a genuine guilty verdict without resorting to his tricks or not, but I can say he was a master at covering his tracks, going so far as to hide a vital piece of evidence in his body. Wright was made a rookie attorney as a plot mechanic to immerse the player. He has to be and play dumb so that the cases will be easy to digest for players. Wright won out almost all his cases (potential spoils for Justice for All) because he used his mind to sort through the facts and possibilities. I'd like to make a point about how the writer turns this "good guys always win" trope on its head, but I don't want to spoil Justice for All for you ;)


I like extremes, when they're done right with proper in-game justifications/explanations. I played VLR and it made some pretty big jumps with its twists and reveals, but it also backed them up with fairly reasonable in-game explanations. Some of them were a bit too "convenient" for my tastes, but they worked based off the existing foundation, lore and mythos. I genuinely feel like Dangan wasn't as extreme as people make it out to be. People IRL would act a whole lot worse put in the same situations. The only extreme I can't swallow is the one about
Spoiler:
Junko's influence. It may not be as publicized as it should be, but even Hitler had dissenters and military leaders who genuinely didn't support his cause. I would argue that Hitler and Junko share a lot in common, but even he had his limits, which is where I fail to follow the game's jump with her influence. It's hard to image only a few dozen to hundred people would be smart or brave enough to resist her.


Also, I did play Dangan 2 and while it was slightly better, it still didn't resolve or improve upon my complaints. I'll probably give Another Episode and Dangan 3 a chance because I always believe developers can make improvements with each title :)
Image

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:31 am

You say that you are disappointed with most story-driven games, but...

I used to own Radiant Historia, but in my 12 hrs. session it failed to capture me. I dunno if it was going to be better later story-wise and character-wise, but in these 12 hrs. i didn't see anything to keep me going. Typical kingdom vs kingdom story and forgettable characters (even the design of them was awkward and unispired.)

I found that RH was the typical "it gets better story-wise after you sink 20-30 hrs. in it and the last 5 hrs. are fucking awesome!" whereas the rest of the game is paced slowly in terms of development, just like many RPG story-driven games tend to do nowadays. That's more annoying than using tropes.
Take a FF game for example (SquareSoft era): even in the first hours, they're throwing a lot of stuff in order to keep you going and in 30-50 hrs. you are already blown away with their stories and char. development!

Same thing is Xenoblade Chronicles. Everyone was going MAD about this game and about how interesing it's story is when it came out at Wii, but it was SO battle heavy and the pacing of story and char. development were at a all time low. Dropped it and sold it after playing 50 hrs. in it, cause nothing interesting was happening, just moving around slaying monsters. I've got MH and other RPG's that they focus on battle-only action if i wanted them. So, i can't understand you when you put in the same sentence the ZE games among with this game as an example of good structure on story and chars. Plus, it was full of tropes as well;)

Now for the 1st spoil:

Spoiler:
Yeah, those were weaknesses rather than Despair; But after seeing the murder scenes and the bodies, the remaining students were the ones who tasted Despair. Their deaths in short were a tool of spreading Despair to the others, whether the survivors embraced it or dealt with it.


2nd spoil:

Spoiler:
Makoto is the same as Wright, if you think about it then. Both of them rookies who used a clear mind under pressure in order to approach their goal. Same with Junpei from 999, no?


And for the final spoil:

Spoiler:
If you remember, she said in the first game that many people tried to enter the Academy in order to stop her, but they failed due to the weaponry she had installed. So you see, she had her share of enemies as well. Heck, even a company was forged for that purpose, the Future Foundation.


And in order to clarify one final thing:

DR Major Spoils:


Spoiler:
Don't expect for a reasonable explanation on why Junko is the way she is in the future games. At least, i'll be disappointed if they say "Oh, she was an experiment after all, an enhanced human-being bend on world domination!"or stuff like that. She IS Despair, that's all. And ALL of the stuff like the destroyed society is all part of the metaphorical state of the franchise. Have you ever being in a state of despair in your life (cause everyone had our share of difficulties and downs in life)? Didn't everything around you that time felt like crumbling away and falling apart (the society crumbling in the games is THIS example)? That's what Despair does for ya, it consumes everything! And these guys at SPIKE CHUNSOFT gave it a really fresh approach:)


That is all i think:D
Last edited by G3n3raL86 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

User avatar
Vert
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:12 pm
Location: Planet Neptune
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby Vert » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:13 am

G3n3raL86 wrote:You say that you are disappointed with most story-driven games, but...

I used to own Radiant Historia, but in my 12 hrs. session it failed to capture me. I dunno if it was going to be better later story-wise and character-wise, but in these 12 hrs. i didn't see anything to keep me going. Typical kingdom vs kingdom story and forgettable characters (even the design of them was awkward and unispired.)




Every DS JRPG I've tried has disappointed me, I stick to Sony Console nowadays.

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lopez » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Radiant Historia is by no means perfect. I used Historia because we get all kinds of character development from all the characters. We see their various vulnerabilities as their superficial layers are peeled back, though the plot progression is very sluggish. I have a few minor issues with that game as well, but the story/characters are some of the game's strongest qualities, once it gets going.

Some games need time to develop. I for one enjoy a good simmer before I dig into the stew. I want to see the characters interacting on a normal level, then slowly descend into their various insecurities and struggles. Rushing a story and character development are some of the worst offenses developers can make in my book.

Xenoblade is overhyped. It is a decent game with a good story, but it gets the ridiculous amount of praise it does because the rest of its competition is severely lacking. If Xenoblades was released during the SNES/PS1 and possibly PS2 era of JRPGs, then it most likely would've been overlooked.

I also agree my examples are full of a lot of tropes, which is why I said I've been disappointed with games for the past decade or so. I "cling" to those games because they're the best this generation of games has to offer, IMO.

1st spoils + VLR spoils
Spoiler:
I'd argue that what they faced wasn't true despair. True despair would be like what happened to the players of VLR in the ending where they all commit suicide. In that one ending all the players commit suicide one after another because they can't cope with the fact that their friends and colleagues were being killed. At that point they gave up (i.e. Despair) and ended their own lives. The cast in DR1 just kept trudging on after each death, even continuing their social link building free time :?



I'll respond to the rest the next time I'm on ;)
Image

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:32 pm

OK, i found another who agrees on XC being overhyped, yay!:)

Anyway:

DR1 Spoilers

Spoiler:
True, the DR1 cast went on with their social lives, but it wasn't like they felt apathy after each of Monkuma's executions, they were freaking out and they were wishing for Kuma's demise... Celes already wanted out, cause every day was a nightmare if you remember her words. Besides, due to Junko's memory manipulation, they couldn't remember each other at the beggining (stating that they knew each other 2 years ago); it was clearly a game of survival.


And VLR Spoils

Spoiler:
U know, that ending wasn't even the cannonical one. It was a wrong situation and Sigma jumped and corrected it. And VLR's concept wasn't about showing Despair, it was a different thing entirely.


So, you wanna keep up, eh? I'll make you taste Despair! :twisted: :D
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lazyfan » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 pm

lopez wrote:In the case of Toko
Spoiler:
that seems like a real stretch to say she developed a homicidal split personality from the fact that she was striking out in love. I mean, if she just stayed as Toko and went maniacal, then that's one thing, but to form a completely seperate persona? I know her split identity was more of a plot device, but I feel like the development behind it was shoehorned in.

Spoiler:
It wasn't just that she was striking out in love. The guys were actively trying to humiliate and make fun of her. She clearly has huge social anxieties, so being a target of ridicule didn't help.

I'm not saying that's a solid reason for a split personality, but it's not as simple as her "striking out in love."

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby lopez » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Edit*

I think that's it 8-)

lazyfan wrote:
lopez wrote:In the case of Toko
Spoiler:
that seems like a real stretch to say she developed a homicidal split personality from the fact that she was striking out in love. I mean, if she just stayed as Toko and went maniacal, then that's one thing, but to form a completely seperate persona? I know her split identity was more of a plot device, but I feel like the development behind it was shoehorned in.

Spoiler:
It wasn't just that she was striking out in love. The guys were actively trying to humiliate and make fun of her. She clearly has huge social anxieties, so being a target of ridicule didn't help.

I'm not saying that's a solid reason for a split personality, but it's not as simple as her "striking out in love."


Regardless of what the reasoning is, it's still farfetched to make the logical in-game jump to what occurred.
Spoiler:
"Striking out in love" is pretty ambiguous. People who are sexually molested by their partners are just as likely to "strike out" as those who get cheated on by their lovers and much more. The point of contention is how Toko could manifest a seperate persona. The issue of amnesia between split personalities is a scientific fact (though the game doesn't seem to stress that point), though I still find it hard to swallow the reasoning the game uses, which is an issue for many other areas of the story and characters. Everything just seems too convenient and/or the player is just supposed to accept it, which breaks immersion for me.


G3n3raL86 wrote:OK, i found another who agrees on XC being overhyped, yay!:)

Anyway:

DR1 Spoilers

Spoiler:
True, the DR1 cast went on with their social lives, but it wasn't like they felt apathy after each of Monkuma's executions, they were freaking out and they were wishing for Kuma's demise... Celes already wanted out, cause every day was a nightmare if you remember her words. Besides, due to Junko's memory manipulation, they couldn't remember each other at the beggining (stating that they knew each other 2 years ago); it was clearly a game of survival.


And VLR Spoils

Spoiler:
U know, that ending wasn't even the cannonical one. It was a wrong situation and Sigma jumped and corrected it. And VLR's concept wasn't about showing Despair, it was a different thing entirely.




So, you wanna keep up, eh? I'll make you taste Despair! :twisted: :D


VLR & DR spoils
Spoiler:
I'm not suggesting that VLR was purely about Despair, just that it handles genuine despair better than DR, which is solely about "Hope vs. Despair." Also, the ending in question is "canonical" in that all the endings must be experienced by Sigma and Phi in order to achieve their goals of preventing Radical-6 from releasing, Dio from thwarting their plans and to keep the main timeline on-track (i.e. Sigma becomes a robotics genius & Zero Sr., making K, etc...). Just like how Junpei had to experience different routes to get the passwords in 999.

Anyways, the point I was making is that everyone committed suicide in that ending because they tasted true despair. Sure part of that was due to exposure to Radical-6, but the point was that they couldn't cope with the deaths and nightmarish game around them.

I think Junko was the only person who genuinely experienced despair and that was mainly at the end when she was revealed as the mastermind and was trying to convert the remaining players to her side. In that case she was pretty much ready to give up and embrace despair (though she is obviously sick in the head, so to speak). She was "hoping" that the remaining players would give up when see showed them the world they wanted to return to (see what I did there ;) ).

Survival is a very basic instinct that transcends "hope" versus "despair." It goes back to the old "nature vs. nurture" debate of biology/genetics vs. social learning & environment. Everything struggles to survive, that's built into the very being of life. The characters weren't "hoping" to escape, they were using their brains and bodies to search the school for an exit. They didn't give into "despair" once Kuma started the game of death, they just went on trying to survive (I mean Mondo, Chihiro and Sakura were actively working out after Sayaka and Leon were killed, business as usual I guess :P :lol:).They worked together regardless of the situation because it's safer to work in groups, hence another survival tactic. If they really were despairing, then they'd just give up. If they really were hopeful, then they wouldn't give into Kuma's game and just keep searching for an exit. Again, this game was more about vulnerabilities, manipulation and human weakness than "hope vs. despair."


@ Previous comments

Makoto, Junpei and Wright do share the same capacity to rationally think out the solution to a given problem, but that's about as far as their similarities may go.

Wright is a big doofus who, until later games, doesn't think ahead before he speaks. He just bluffs his way through most of the cases, presenting hypotheticals without clear supporting evidence. He's brash and cocky at times, but compassionate at his core.

Makoto is fairly spineless and forgettable as a person. He comes off very meek and mild for the most part. This could obviously just be me and how I perceive the cases and dialogue, but I felt like a lot of his logic during the cases was mostly common sense. Most of the cases were very simple and the twists and reveals felt obvious, so he wasn't showing much prowess in the intellect department.

Junpei, well...I'm not sure if I can make any meaningful descriptions until ZE3 comes out due to
VLR & 999 spoils
Spoiler:
The reveal in VLR that there's a "mystery entity" (read: the player, breaking the 4th wall) who's controlling K at the end of the game. Heck, even Akane is partially "controlling" Junpei as he jumps around timelines :shock: . So it's possible some of Junpei's quirks and reasoning skills are due to the player's direct input (literally) into the story.


@ Final spoil

Spoiler:
Going the metaphorical route will be the one of this series biggest letdowns. If she really was born as pure depair, then why didn't see just kill herself? People looting in streets, beating up others, murdering, etc... isn't despair, that's just people breaking he law and arguably enjoying it. Language is obviously a complex social tool, but almost every synonym for despair deals with giving up. You can be demoralized, despondent, disheartened, etc...which I rarely saw in the game. Junko did give up near the end and Sakaya did become desperate in the beginning, but that was due to the manipulation of Junko and the weakness of the human heart.
Image

User avatar
G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby G3n3raL86 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:02 am

^Dude,

DR and VLR Spoils

Spoiler:
yes, it was survival, but it was trully all around the hope vs despair metaphors, cause it's pretty logical, isnt it? If we stay here, we'll get despaired and die eventually. If we survive, we'll find the hope. So i can't say that it trancends those 2 definitions, they connected with each other. So, these manipulations, vunerabilities and more are all part of the whole hope vs despair thing;) 999 and VLR weren't throwing these words so often like DR did, so you were focusing on other things.


And i have to agree, Mak is a classic trope, never said the opposite. But, he is really sweetcheecks, as one said to him :D

But i can't say about everything being predictable. The cases, if i exclude the 1st one (you know what i mean), were really mind twisting and well made (especially the ones of the 2nd game)! Even i was spoiled before on getting my Vita and i already knew that:

DR1 Major Spoils

Spoiler:
the lovely Junko was the mastermind... But when i saw her being executed early in-game (Mukuro), i thought that these fanart pics i saw accidentally at DA with Junko & Kuma hugging and stuff were not real. How i was suppose to think that there was a twin sister controlling things back there? Yeah i know, that she looked different in mags (implying that in da mags was the real one), but again, Mukuro was copy-pasting her sister, but i didn't paid much attention cause models DO tend to get photoshopped, so i couldn't think of anything else!


And for the final spoil:

DR Spoils

Spoiler:
"When hope shines, despair goes away"... That's what really happened! Mak found the hope and Junko, the embodiment of Despair, gave up and commited suicide, cause she couldn't deal with their newfound hope! All part of the metaphors, see?
Image
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:29 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...


Return to “Game Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest