inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Give your reviews on the latest games!
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: inFamous: Second Son (PS4)

Postby lopez » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:21 pm

How do you alienate the player with unique powers? Wouldn't that actually promote experimentation and individuality in players?

The devs should've made each set of powers specifically unique for certain purposes and allow the player to switch between them on the fly (once they're unlocked in-story), but at the expense of a temporary stat/ability penalty and a cooldown window.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:34 pm

lopez wrote:How do you alienate the player with unique powers? Wouldn't that actually promote experimentation and individuality in players?

The devs should've made each set of powers specifically unique for certain purposes and allow the player to switch between them on the fly (once they're unlocked in-story), but at the expense of a temporary stat/ability penalty and a cooldown window.

Being able to switch between them on the fly would be great indeed. The inability to do so, I believe, harms the idea of experimentations and individuality since you only have what's next to you to use as a power.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Indeed, which is why there's a good amount of criticism on the game's design, in retrospect of previous titles.

That reminds me, how did Cole recharge his Fire/Ice powers in iF2? I can't remember if he just juiced up his electric powers and that transitioned over to more power to the secondary powers.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:58 pm

lopez wrote:Indeed, which is why there's a good amount of criticism on the game's design, in retrospect of previous titles.

That reminds me, how did Cole recharge his Fire/Ice powers in iF2? I can't remember if he just juiced up his electric powers and that transitioned over to more power to the secondary powers.

Can't say I remember. I'll go look it up...

It seems he integrates the Ice element into his regular abilities. They share the same power source.

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:22 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Game Reviews”