Disney Infinity 3.0.

Give your reviews on the latest games!
SurrealBrain
Geo Master
Geo Master

Disney Infinity 3.0.

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:57 am

Yes, this is a Toys-to-Life game. Yes, I'm reviewing it. Well, here it goes...

The Toys-to-Life genre has really flourished over the past few years. Some think it's cool, while others think it's a ripoff. But that's a subject for another topic. For now, I'll just focus on the latest entries of one of the most well known ones.

Now, I'll start with what came with the game; a portal, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano figures, and a playset figure, the Twilight of the Republic playset.

Next, first time you boot up the game, you immediately get what are essentially previews of many of the playsets you can get, with gameplay based on them. It gives you an idea of what to expect, and it serves its purpose well in that regard.

Then the fun begins when you put the playset and the figure on there. Here's where I get to the gameplay. Now, I don't have every play set, so bear with me here. The Star Wars playsets have largely the same gameplay, though different characters have different movesets and such. It's up to you which one you prefer, though in my opinion, I like Anakin's the best; feels kinda like a kid-friendly version of The Force Unleashed, if you remember that game.

There's also a racing playset, and while I don't have it, it was previewed, and based on that, the driving mechanics do their job, and handle pretty well. Considering one of the developers listed also worked on the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing games, it make sense they'd do well here, too.

The game is fairly easy, though. Given that it's made for kids, who probably wouldn't have the patience for a difficult game, it makes sense.

The writing is nothing worth bragging about, and the adaptation of The Force Awakens is a bit compressed, but it isn't awful by any means. The voice acting is also good; voice actors from Star Wars: The Clone Wars and most of the actors from The Force Awakens reprise their roles here, whike some others do a decent impersonation. It's good.

Then there's the Toybox Mode, where you can make your own levels and such. It can be daunting, but I find it fun to just screw around with the things you make this stuff with. As you go through the playsets, you unlock more stuff. Playsets from previous games can also unlock stuff, though it doesn't do more than that.

I do have some complaints, though; there does seem to be a fair bit of fetch-questing, which is especially noticeable in The Force Awakens playset, where I'm pretty sure the characters didn't do nearly as much to get off Jakku and such.

Also, if you've played through at least one past game...I haven't seen an option to simply skip the narration. Now, the tutorial itself can be ignored if need be, but yeesh, announcer, would you just shut up already?! That's just me, though.

So what's my verdict? It's a good game, actually. It's obviously made for kids, but I enjoy kids' games, and this be no exception to that rule. I'm cautiously optimistic for 4.0.

So, how'd I do?

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0.

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:07 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Game Reviews”