Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) Limited Edition Up!

Macho De Luxe
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) Limited Edition Up!

Postby Macho De Luxe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:51 pm

I just got my big box in the mail. It's nearly the same as the japanese one, except for the soundtrack disc is there. It's cool that NISA takes advantage of selling it in their online store and not having to have the playstation and ESRB branding on the box. It looks super sleek.

xXDGFXx
Peon
Peon

Postby xXDGFXx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Well... ain't that grand... they casted a hillybilly VA... Why am I not surprised...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Yeah, because regional accents are a thing even in Japan, and localization companies usually try to stay true to that.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

helzefeld
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby helzefeld » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:02 am

Just wanted to thank you NIS for delivering one of the best LE I've ever seen in Operation Abyss. This is my first LE purchase from you guys but it certainly will not be the last if you offer these types of artbooks with future games.

On an aside - Please bring both Labyrinth X Blood: Infinity and Stanger of the Village of the Sword for Vita I will buy both LEs!

LeviathanX
Vassal
Vassal

Postby LeviathanX » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:12 am

razisgosu wrote:No notice of shipment but my money has been taken. Starting to get a little worried I won't get this by launch day.

it was around four weeks between money taken and item delivered. I can't remember it to be different since I first ordered from NISA/NISEU. So, don't worry ;)

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:07 pm

xXDGFXx wrote:Well... ain't that grand... they casted a hillybilly VA... Why am I not surprised...

Because the character grew up in Texas, and regional dialects are a thing that exists?
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

R353ARCH_D35TROY
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby R353ARCH_D35TROY » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:34 am

Not to be brash, but maybe NISA should stop localizing games for me, because apparently I am the only one that is having a good time trying to figure them out.

I really enjoy playing a game and using message boards on the side for when I am unable to play or curious about something.

I understand a bad review can come from inept gamers, or whatever the hell these people are, but honestly, **** everyone that's gonna kill this genre before its able to take off again because they don't have any patience to actually learn about a game or think on their own.

"Keys aren't infinite?" "Confusing level design." "Easier than Demon Gaze." "Basically hold X." "Blah Blah Blah."

Tl;Dr: enjoy this punishing and creative dungeon crawler or gtfo.

I for one am actually amazed this game is pre-Demon Gaze. The level designs seem way more creative--granted I'm only about 22 hrs invested so far, I feel like I'm just getting started.

helzefeld
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby helzefeld » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:32 pm

R353ARCH_D35TROY wrote:Not to be brash, but maybe NISA should stop localizing games for me, because apparently I am the only one that is having a good time trying to figure them out.

I really enjoy playing a game and using message boards on the side for when I am unable to play or curious about something.

I understand a bad review can come from inept gamers, or whatever the hell these people are, but honestly, **** everyone that's gonna kill this genre before its able to take off again because they don't have any patience to actually learn about a game or think on their own.

"Keys aren't infinite?" "Confusing level design." "Easier than Demon Gaze." "Basically hold X." "Blah Blah Blah."

Tl;Dr: enjoy this punishing and creative dungeon crawler or gtfo.

I for one am actually amazed this game is pre-Demon Gaze. The level designs seem way more creative--granted I'm only about 22 hrs invested so far, I feel like I'm just getting started.

I totally agree. I have both Demon Gaze and this game and I was extremely surprised. I'm about 10 hours in and I am finally figure out how to craft/strip/boost correctly so the first two Wanted Variants didn't pose a problem. Looking forward to delving "all-in" this game.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:58 am

finally got my copy...and the song in the headquarter is not the right one lol. oh well..

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Love,love this game so much. i was worried that it would be soul crushingly hard but its actually fair. Not too easy not too hard, i hope babel comes sometime with dual audio.(i need my kakihara)
Meteor Breaker!

R353ARCH_D35TROY
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby R353ARCH_D35TROY » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Sorry about spazzing out earlier, I had a lot of fun with this game and love how, even after its over, I don't feel like its over.

I was going through a time when I needed a good RPG with a decent loot and strategy system, and am very thankful I got to play this game.

Officially hooked on Experience Inc DRPGs now.

Return to “Operation Abyss”