So I may have come across a glitch... (Wii U)

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

So I may have come across a glitch... (Wii U)

Postby Porecomesis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:09 pm

So here I am, just flying to and fro and I jump on an enemy. Suddenly, as I bounce back, I'm suddenly and inexplicably no less than two kilometres away from the action.

First time this happened, there were no platforms whatsoever.

Second time this happened, the only platform nearby was a small square that I didn't have the energy to reach.

Third time this happened, I went across the level and had an actual foothold this time, thank goodness, but the objective was on another island entirely and I couldn't reach it. The game made me skip the level. I had to restart.

Fourth time this happened, I just simply went way too high above the current island. At least this didn't break the game this time. If nothing else, the erratic teleportations are at least getting closer to playable territory.

Has anyone else come across a glitch of this description?

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: So I may have come across a glitch... (Wii U)

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some peculiar glitches. Our QA team never encountered anything like you're describing, and this is the first I've heard of it too. Could you provide more information about the circumstances leading to these glitches appearing (i.e. specific level, any enemies you were fighting, objectives in progress, etc.)?
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: So I may have come across a glitch... (Wii U)

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:I'm sorry to hear you encountered some peculiar glitches. Our QA team never encountered anything like you're describing, and this is the first I've heard of it too. Could you provide more information about the circumstances leading to these glitches appearing (i.e. specific level, any enemies you were fighting, objectives in progress, etc.)?

Well, it tends to happen randomly from level to level. There's no common thread between the enemies or circumstances leading up to them. I'll describe them, though. Actually, there is one consistency across all instances, as far as I can tell: they occur when I'm bouncing back from hitting or just touching something (as if landing on it but then bounce off slightly).

The first instance actually happened with an item box of all things. There's a segment in the second chapter where you first get the machine gun gear and there's those spike things above the boost ring. The item box in the corner, I think I flew to it but didn't break it so I just sorta bounced off slightly and ended up kilometres away.

The second instance, I'm sorry to say I don't remember much at all. I think it might have been one of those two enemies in the same level but near the start. The second set of two enemies in the level, in fact, before you get to the ruin-like section. I think I failed to boost and took some damage and bounced off...

The third instance puzzles me. The objective was to find some oil and I may have tried to fly back to the previous island to check out a secret I missed. There was a small landing on the side of the cliff and that's all I can remember, sorry. For all I know, this isn't even what led to the third instance and I may be mistaken even on the objective as a whole; it could've been just to get to the landing port.

The fourth instance was when I was trying to turn off those sandstorm generators. I was fighting those spider dudes... and, again, I might have taken damage instead of landing a correct hit on the spider.

That's all I can tell you, sorry.

Return to “Rodea The Sky Soldier”