Rodea: The Sky Soldier (3DS/WiiU) - Fall 2015 (NA/EU)

lilliwn
Majin
Majin

Re: Rodea the Sky Soldier - New IP, already localized!

Postby lilliwn » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:38 am

I really hope the Wii version will be brought over as well...

Best yet, in addition to what they had planned, to also put the Wii disc as an option for separate purchase on nisa store.

Because I have wii and 3ds, but not a wii u yet.... If NISA could make the wii version available as separate purchase. I'll buy the wii disc and the 3ds version. :)
Check out my channel: DungeonRPG!

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 am

I'll be down for the 3DS version of this.

SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby SilverCitizen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:13 pm

I haven't posted on here in a long time. I was pretty shocked to hear NISA grabbed this instead of XSEED like I originally thought. You better spare no expense on this game's localization. It deserves all the love after all it went through. :lol:

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:20 pm

SilverCitizen wrote:I haven't posted on here in a long time. I was pretty shocked to hear NISA grabbed this instead of XSEED like I originally thought. You better spare no expense on this game's localization. It deserves all the love after all it went through. :lol:

I hope for its success. Looks like a pretty good game.
Spoiler:

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier (3DS/WiiU) - Fall 2015 (NA/EU)

Postby lopez » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:19 pm

Looks like Dreams Nights...so I'll pass. The Shadow of the Colossus battles look nice though :)

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Any news on the 3DS version having dual audio? Given cart size I'd be concerned about fitting 2 languages on it.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:30 am

It's an original IP, it looks original and varied, it has FLYING, it looks fast-paced and fun, it looks dynamic, it seems they're actually trying with the story...

Okay, I'm sold. Even if I wasn't so completely bored that I'd buy anything for a chance of curing it, I'd get this. Hopefully it's not as frustrating as The Wonderful 101 (but, also hoping, that it has an equally fantastic finale).

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 am

Porecomesis wrote:It's an original IP, it looks original and varied, it has FLYING, it looks fast-paced and fun, it looks dynamic, it seems they're actually trying with the story...
If this were directed at a developer that we saw a lot of same-IP games from and bad stories from, this would make sense, but since it's not, I'm not following? Like, this isn't NIS or CH or anything, so the comments about IP and "they're actually trying" (implying they weren't before? with what?) don't make sense here, least to me anyhow.

Though as an aside, new and original doesn't always mean better in my book. As an aside to that aside, I do actually think this looks great and have been interested in the game long before this announcement, I'm just pokin' your words is all. :geek:

Anyway, gameplay!

Shadic6098
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shadic6098 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:44 am

lazyfan wrote:
Seventh wrote:
Darcnova wrote:Was the Wii version different or somethin?

It used motion controls, the other two use touch I believe.

Yeah, I did hear this. Apparently the Wii U version of this game utilizes the gamepad in the same way you would use the 3ds touch screen.

As much as I'm looking forward to this game, I'm gonna feel a little disheartened if this ends up like Kirby's Rainbow Curse where, if you want to play properly, you need to look at the gamepad all the time.

I'm missing out on the beautiful colors that are shown on the TV....
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/WebDST"]Image

You shall never find peace in a world where death is the only answer.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 am

Seventh wrote:
Porecomesis wrote:It's an original IP, it looks original and varied, it has FLYING, it looks fast-paced and fun, it looks dynamic, it seems they're actually trying with the story...

If this were directed at a developer that we saw a lot of same-IP games from and bad stories from, this would make sense, but since it's not, I'm not following? Like, this isn't NIS or CH or anything, so the comments about IP and "they're actually trying" (implying they weren't before? with what?) don't make sense here, least to me anyhow.

You're reading too much into it. It being an original IP and story effort are unrelated points. I like having more original universes to play around with and I like games that actually give a crap about their writing rather than phoning it in.
But, for the record, you don't need to be super serious to put effort into a story. Even if you're some wacky comedy with little rhyme or reason, you can still refine your jokes to make them as good as you can. Just because you put effort into the writing, doesn't mean it's a serious story.

Seventh wrote:Though as an aside, new and original doesn't always mean better in my book. As an aside to that aside, I do actually think this looks great and have been interested in the game long before this announcement, I'm just pokin' your words is all. :geek:

You don't need to tell me this. 'Innovation is ultimately undermined by execution', as I always say. Hence why The Last of Us is so popular. Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation once had this to say: "Is there a reason why it hasn't been tried before?" Sometimes, the premise is just too shaky. Sometimes, the makers just utterly mangle it.

Seventh wrote:Anyway, gameplay!

Ah, thank you. :D

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:30 am

I see, I see. :o

On that note-- First run Wii U copies come with the Wii version, so we're actually getting three versions of this! :shock:

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Just a heads up, I'm the script editor for this particular project. If you guys have any questions about the title, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Off the top of my head, I can confirm that doing a complete English dub across all three versions of the game, but I can't confirm if the game will have dual English and Japanese audio just yet. Once I have more information, I'll share it here.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

lilliwn
Majin
Majin

Postby lilliwn » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:11 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:Just a heads up, I'm the script editor for this particular project. If you guys have any questions about the title, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Off the top of my head, I can confirm that doing a complete English dub across all three versions of the game, but I can't confirm if the game will have dual English and Japanese audio just yet. Once I have more information, I'll share it here.

thanks man

quick Q: do you know if the wii version will have it's separate disc, or with the wiiu disc?
I'm just wondering whether i could get the wiiu version, and just play the wii disc without having to have a wiiu

on that note...it would've been 'cooler' if the wii disc (if there is one) will be available on NISA store separately as an exclusive item....then I would get the 3ds + wii version....(since i have these two systems but not the wiiu)
but i guess this won't happen... :?
Check out my channel: DungeonRPG!

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:25 pm

lilliwn wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:Just a heads up, I'm the script editor for this particular project. If you guys have any questions about the title, please let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Off the top of my head, I can confirm that doing a complete English dub across all three versions of the game, but I can't confirm if the game will have dual English and Japanese audio just yet. Once I have more information, I'll share it here.

thanks man

quick Q: do you know if the wii version will have it's separate disc, or with the wiiu disc?
I'm just wondering whether i could get the wiiu version, and just play the wii disc without having to have a wiiu

on that note...it would've been 'cooler' if the wii disc (if there is one) will be available on NISA store separately as an exclusive item....then I would get the 3ds + wii version....(since i have these two systems but not the wiiu)
but i guess this won't happen... :?

The Wii version will indeed be on a separate disc packaged with all first run copies of the WiiU version. Once this first run is sold out, all future prints will contain the WiiU version only.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:18 am

Oh, that's actually really cool to know. Out of curiosity, what tone would you say the game conveys or attempts to convey?

Return to “Rodea The Sky Soldier”