Stranger of the Village of the Sword (Vita) - DRPG by EXP

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Stranger of the Village of the Sword (Vita) - DRPG by EX

Postby lopez » Mon May 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Looks like a typical evolvable skill tree.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon May 19, 2014 5:30 pm

NISA needs to get in touch with 5pb about all these EXP games ASAP.

Ashley Riot
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Ashley Riot » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:26 am

Who is the artist for this game? The artwork is phenomenal.

nekosaur
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby nekosaur » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:30 pm

I personally didn't get a Vita until a couple weeks ago, so I haven't got a chance to play Demon Gaze yet. However, one look at those screens are enough to convince me of a LE Pre order. :D

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:00 am

http://ihoujin.jp/extra/trial.html

demo for the pc version.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:40 am

Dorarnae wrote:http://ihoujin.jp/extra/trial.html

demo for the pc version.

Now we just need to know about the Vita version.

big boss
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby big boss » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:38 pm

can somebody tell me what this game is about, who the main character is, and how good the game is. i cant really find the information online

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:45 am

big boss wrote:can somebody tell me what this game is about, who the main character is, and how good the game is. i cant really find the information online

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_of_Sword_City

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828454

Macho De Luxe
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Macho De Luxe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:45 pm

I beat the game and got 1000/1000 of the xdude coolpoints a few days ago. Most of the information you're looking for is probably in Shizuka's links.

The wikipedia article is a little weird though, haha:

"The game is a role-playing video game that features several character classes, such as "human races, beasts, undead, spirits, demons, and divine.""

I don't know where that line came from, but the list of "character classes" it mentions looks like it's actually the names of the monster type categories.

The main character is just whoever you create. Your main character is always on your team and can never permanently die. You get to choose responses every once in a while when talking to people.

As for if the game is any good, I think it's really awesome. I love the art and music in the game.

big boss
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby big boss » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Macho De Luxe wrote:I beat the game and got 1000/1000 of the xdude coolpoints a few days ago. Most of the information you're looking for is probably in Shizuka's links.

The wikipedia article is a little weird though, haha:

"The game is a role-playing video game that features several character classes, such as "human races, beasts, undead, spirits, demons, and divine.""

I don't know where that line came from, but the list of "character classes" it mentions looks like it's actually the names of the monster type categories.

The main character is just whoever you create. Your main character is always on your team and can never permanently die. You get to choose responses every once in a while when talking to people.

As for if the game is any good, I think it's really awesome. I love the art and music in the game.

thanks for the information. so would you say this game is better than demon gaze or operation abyss

Macho De Luxe
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Macho De Luxe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Hmm. I don't know about Demon Gaze, since I haven't played it yet. I just started Operation Abyss and I'm a little bit into it.

They're kind of different styles, even though they're similar. Operation Abyss is more like the older Wizardry games. It has the separate MP per spell level system. The dungeon traps feel more random in Operation Abyss, whereas in Ihoujin the whole floor would have a trap theme. Like, the entire floor is a poison floor, or the entire floor is a no-skill zone, or the entire floor is a no-spell zone. One thing in Ihoujin that I think wasn't used to a good enough effect was the spike tiles. You just disarm them once and then they're gone forever. There was one point where it was combined with slide tiles, and that was kind of neat. For spin/rotate tiles, Ihoujin does those better, since it removes your direction marker from the map when you step on the spin tile, and you have to figure out on your own which way you're facing, just like the old Wizardries. In Operation Abyss, it keeps your marker on the map while you're on the spin tile, so the whole idea of the spin tile is kind of pointless.

I think it's still too early for me to make a decision, but if I had to choose right now, overall I like Ihoujin more than Operation Abyss.

Dorarnae
Majin
Majin

Postby Dorarnae » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Macho De Luxe wrote:Hmm. I don't know about Demon Gaze, since I haven't played it yet. I just started Operation Abyss and I'm a little bit into it.

They're kind of different styles, even though they're similar. Operation Abyss is more like the older Wizardry games. It has the separate MP per spell level system. The dungeon traps feel more random in Operation Abyss, whereas in Ihoujin the whole floor would have a trap theme. Like, the entire floor is a poison floor, or the entire floor is a no-skill zone, or the entire floor is a no-spell zone. One thing in Ihoujin that I think wasn't used to a good enough effect was the spike tiles. You just disarm them once and then they're gone forever. There was one point where it was combined with slide tiles, and that was kind of neat. For spin/rotate tiles, Ihoujin does those better, since it removes your direction marker from the map when you step on the spin tile, and you have to figure out on your own which way you're facing, just like the old Wizardries. In Operation Abyss, it keeps your marker on the map while you're on the spin tile, so the whole idea of the spin tile is kind of pointless.

I think it's still too early for me to make a decision, but if I had to choose right now, overall I like Ihoujin more than Operation Abyss.

operation abyss is kind of old, considering it's a remake of generation xth 1&2, doesn't mean it's bad. but we have to keep in mind this is a 2007-2008 title, with some tweaks.

RedSuisei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby RedSuisei » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:44 am

Registered to support this and the other EXP games. I tried the PC demo for this and it's really cool, though there's plenty I still don't understand due to language barrier.

Btw, anyone knows the difference between the PC/X360 version and the Vita version?

Return to “Stranger of Sword City”