Yomawari: Night Alone Coming 2016!

Where's the dog?
ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Yomawari: Night Alone Coming 2016!

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:00 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Well, I finally broke down and preordered the game, though just the SE this time.

I still feel extremely mixed about the perceived situation of the bundle but I've been looking forward to "Yomawari" for too long now, back when it was first revealed for Japan, to just pass it up at this point.

That said, the lingering worry about how "Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight" release will be handled has left me worried. I'm expecting another bundle-exclusive release, maybe even with all three games this time.

I swear, if this actually happens and the price is $20 more again...

I preordered the LE myself a month ago or so, and decided that I'll just sit on the extras for now when they come.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:02 am

ArmedDragoon wrote:I swear, if this actually happens and the price is $20 more again...

As much as I dread the thought, I think I'll end up shelling out for it anyway...assuming that it does happen that way. Probably will just treat it as if it were a full console release at that point.

That said, for as much as I've been ragging and whining over it, I do still think the bundle is a good offer in general. The $40-60 price tag for both games in the bundle is still cheaper than what the physical copy for just "htoL#NiQ" alone ranges around nowadays (even for just the SE). It's perfect for those that haven't played "htoL#NiQ" yet, or have but own a digital copy instead, and want to get it physically. It's a good deal, and the bundle for ""Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight" will probably be the same,...but just not for everyone.

-sigh- Hopefully the next time I post here will be once I've finally played the game so that I can post something positive or productive for once.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Hey doods! I get what you mean about the bundle deal. But, if you don't care about having a "physical" copy, Yomawari: Night Alone by itself will be available for download on PSN!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

nihonscope
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby nihonscope » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:50 pm

Just saw this on Steam... love the music I also love the concept of Yokai in your game... Seems like it's going to be a lot of fun!!
Epic status author of http://nihonscope.com Japanese news, culture and research blog.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Just got the physical bundle and I'm starting Yomawari; good stuff so far. I'll admit I wasn't feeling it at first, but now I'm enjoying it. Just finished ch.3, which is actually the turning point for me. The whole
Spoiler:
chase segment and story for the girl who fell off the cliff
were what changed my mind about the game.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:22 am

Finished the game (awhile ago). I'm disappointed by the story or the lack thereof. Yes, I understand the experience of exploring is the whole focus, but I would've liked more backstory and development behind the Yokai and more scripted (text) interactions between the protagonist and the Yokai.

Also, the game was way too short for my liking... :?

Return to “Yomawari: Night Alone”