FIX Steam's Yomawari ERROR

Where's the dog?
JunjiX
Peon
Peon

FIX Steam's Yomawari ERROR

Postby JunjiX » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi,
There're many people complaining about game error so I will leave here some tips that may work...

ERROR
"Failed to initialize the game".

SOLUTION
Unknow... but in my laptop I forced game to run on NVIDIA's graphic processor instead of intel integrated graphics and game start perfectly.

ERROR
Crash during Loading screen.

SOLUTION
Install DX11, Install vcredist.

If error still persist go to yomawari executable file and right click on properties and switch compatibility mode to Windows 98/Me and Run program as administrator.*

I also worked to me opening and keep running a Google Chrome and Visual Studio 2013 windows before run the game (then you can close after loading screen pass), without changing compatibility but you should do everytime before running the game.

*You can quick access to yomawari executable by right click on your Steam game library and select properties then local file browse.

;)
Cheers

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: FIX Steam's Yomawari ERROR

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:58 am

There is also a thread about this in Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/477870/di ... 109927251/

Hello everyone, I have an update for today! First, I have to say that both we and the devs deeply apologize for the trouble with the game. We are constantly working on updates to fix bugs, which will be posted on our Beta Branch before going live. The devs have been working on the DX11 problem and found a few solutions to common problems. I would like to remind everyone that only DX11 and DDI11 is officially supported. If you're getting the "Failed to Initialize Game" error or an error that prevents the game from starting up, it is likely caused by DirectX not being DX11 and DDI11.

So, if you've got DX11 and a fresh graphics card driver installation and the problem persists, here are some possible solutions!

Fully update Windows. Always a good idea to be running the most updated version of the OS you're running (update KB2670838 and Platform Update[www.microsoft.com] is often the culprit).

Manually install DirectX. From the game's installation folder, _CommonRedist\DirectX\[date, usually June 2010] will contain an executable called DXSETUP.exe. Try running that, and if the problem persists, update DirectX directly from Microsoft[support.microsoft.com].

Controller problem. The game may not be reading Direct Input correctly, if you are playing with a controller. http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files ... input8dll/ needs to be in the game's installation folder.

ASUS Gamer OSD. This software might interfere with the game's DX/DDI settings[forums.geforce.com] and prevent the game from launching.

Leftover driver files. Sometimes, old driver files get left behind when you update. If possible, uninstall Yomawari completely and uninstall your graphics driver completely (I use Revo Uninstaller to completely remove programs and CCleaner to erase old registry files). Then, install the graphics driver and install Yomawari. This could mean that you have to update DirectX again!

Compatibility Mode. Try running the game in Compatibility Modes for different versions of Windows, starting with Windows 7.

And that just about covers it...phew. Please, let us know if this still isn't doing the trick (or treat...heh...sorry, couldn't resist the Halloween temptation).
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: FIX Steam's Yomawari ERROR

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:27 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Yomawari: Night Alone”