Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Criminal Girls 2 is heading your way!

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Me looking at those screenshots:

Anyway, I figure here is a better place to talk about CG2 and the future. Still happy to answer any questions!
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:Anyway, I figure here is a better place to talk about CG2 and the future. Still happy to answer any questions!

I'm innocent! He DID ask!

edit: sent the rest as pm
Last edited by RandomR on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sleepyprinny99
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Sleepyprinny99 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:24 pm

I did ask...and it did kinda relate to CG 2's handling...

I can only shake my head in disbelief at the ESRB.

Mind you, I don't care about the content....it's the ass backwards self serving double standard hypocrisy that gets me...and strengthens my stance that the audio in game shoulda been left alone if we can get away with full on nudity here...

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Looks like the petition to have CG2 uncensored on steam is making steady progress. Currently at a bit over 2,500 signatures. The most recent 500 appeared over the past 2 weeks.

https://www.change.org/p/nis-america-re ... d-on-steam

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 am

well I have just been to the steam forums of the first game and at least there's this:

Will there be an uncensor patch? Not officially, no. But if fans wanted to make a patch or otherwise modify game files, that is fine. That will not be prohibited.

which answers my original question.

That said if that petition has any value in any shape or form (not too confident about it) make it count somehow, it's past 3k signatures and it kept slowly trudging on so far, it would probably be a show of good will :/
Still wanted to thank you for answering my questions (although I suppose by now you probably hate me lol).

EDIT: damn first was posted in the wrong thread lol

jb08045
Vassal
Vassal

Postby jb08045 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 pm

I think it's relevant. If anything it shows Nisa doesn't give a shit about your petitions

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

it's not my petition and the petition is for CG2, also as I pointed out 38485648565845636 times I don't think anything will change, but signing that thing takes 10 seconds of my time so it isn't a huge investment, and beats yelling at NISA on gematsu, I wouldn't be surprised if CG2 will be released with the edits.
Last edited by RandomR on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Trust me, we are still looking into Criminal Girls 2 unrated on Steam. Just a matter of making it work, and those numbers really do help. NISA has such a busy year coming up, and scheduling has to be done so far in advance after all. Very interested to see how CG ends up on Steam, numbers wise.

Also I see that one user already has most of CG modded already, lol.

By the way, I'll be in that steam group chat for the rest of the day. I am more free to answer questions there than on a forum in an official capacity, you see.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:03 pm

yes that's why I was so obnoxious on not trying to prevent modding for CG1 while I am being annoying for CG2 unrated, the altered artwork is likely harder to "fix" :p

Glad you answered btw, thanks again.

edit: time for the audio.

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:52 pm

What's interesting is that the petition numbers have gotten a big boost since the game released on steam.

https://www.change.org/p/nis-america-re ... d-on-steam

Nisa are obviously missing out on money by not uncensoring it themselves. Also it seems some Japanese sites have been picking up on the censorship. Hopefully this doesn't cause more events like DOAX3 where Japanese see westerners as too sensitive for these kinds of games.

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Actually... I was just thinking about something after reading on of the Japanese sites with the Japanese text in the game now, does that mean you had to get the game rerated?

Seeing as ratings boards rate games regardless of the language I thought you avoided using the word "Punishment" in case it's implied lack of consent increased the rating? So does that mean the presence of the word punishment in Japanese could affect that.

I'm also curious if the ability to see the pictures without the smoke via the mod should have any effect on the rating seeing as those assets are bundled with the game.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Prinny Supervisor wrote:By the way, I'll be in that steam group chat for the rest of the day. I am more free to answer questions there than on a forum in an official capacity, you see.

Regarding the digital art book, did you guys happen to fix the reversal of the older/younger sister that was present in the Vita artbook?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/516330/

http://i.imgur.com/hOmvDfK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lqH3scm.jpg

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:11 pm

I thought of a new potential solution for current issues with the age ratings boards.
I have created a petition for it here. If this was implemented age ratings would still exist, but would no longer be a reason/excuse for games to be censored. It'll probably never be listened to, but no harm signing it and seeing if it gets anywhere.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-imple ... m=copylink

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:15 am

Hmmm I see some problems with it

- First of all every game would need to be programmed like that, it means bigger development costs.
Small companies like NIS, Marvelous/xseed and idea factory will just target a rating and go with it because they have a smaller budget, AAA game devs already create expensive games with gigantic budgets so I see them doing the same to keep those budgets from going further through the roof.
- That idea is based on the assumption that every parent will sit down and set the games up, the majority won't, so you need a "default" age rating, as a precaution.
- That is all fine for consoles, what about PC? The second the game lands on a PC there will be no parent control on earth that will stop a modder from removing the limitations/making the 18+ assets available, and THAT impacts the rating on a PC. Games on the platform mignt not need rating, but big companies will want to rate them anyway to shield themselves from potential legal trouble.

that's just off the top of my head, really in my opinion the biggest problem is impact on budget and development time
That's all theory anyway, I doubt that anything will change

xethyrus
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby xethyrus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:07 am

RandomR wrote:Hmmm I see some problems with it

- First of all every game would need to be programmed like that, it means bigger development costs.
Small companies like NIS, Marvelous/xseed and idea factory will just target a rating and go with it because they have a smaller budget, AAA game devs already create expensive games with gigantic budgets so I see them doing the same to keep those budgets from going further through the roof.

It wouldn't need to be every game. Just the games which want to make a lower age rating available. Many publishers try to target younger ages to broaden the ages they can market to.
This could also same them money depending on how they system is implemented. For example, with this kind of system developers could be extra careful when making lower age edits to make sure it doesn't go over the rating, because the original version will always be there.

In other words it would just be an optional feature which would be used by developers/publishers who see the value of using it.
I think smaller publishers like NISA or IFI would benefit from it most because censorship scandals can have bigger effects on their net sales compared to AAA and often worry about age ratings.
RandomR wrote:- That idea is based on the assumption that every parent will sit down and set the games up, the majority won't, so you need a "default" age rating, as a precaution.

If the parents don't implement the controls then they only have themselves to blame. If you wanted to be careful it could play as the lowest available rating unless your age is set, though that might annoy some people. In any case I would leave the exact logistics to the companies themselves. There are a lot of different possibilities.
RandomR wrote:- That is all fine for consoles, what about PC? The second the game lands on a PC there will be no parent control on earth that will stop a modder from removing the limitations/making the 18+ assets available, and THAT impacts the rating on a PC. Games on the platform might not need rating, but big companies will want to rate them anyway to shield themselves from potential legal trouble.

That's why my primary target is consoles. Today there's nothing really stopping games from being modded on PC anyway, so it's not really going to be much different. PC versions of games don't even need to be rated and in come cases pc has uncensored version of games that are censored on console. But someone like steam could do something like this and less tech savvy children wouldn't know about working about it.
RandomR wrote:That's just off the top of my head, really in my opinion the biggest problem is impact on budget and development time
That's all theory anyway, I doubt that anything will change

I don't think it would really impact budget or development time of the individual games much. Most games just need 1 or 2 settings or scenes toned down. They would be especially easy to implement if you plan them from the beginning instead of needing to edit them at a later stage.
The games would just need some globally available value stating the age of the player or the current age rating or something similar and just do some things differently based on if statements.
Once such systems are in place I'm also sure game engines would handle getting that value and making it available as part of the engine itself.

Return to “Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors”