Devil's Advocate

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
miva2
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Devil's Advocate

Postby miva2 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:04 am

Disgaea would still be awesome without prinnies or etna. it's the gameplay that makes disgaea the awesomest games ever. etna and prinnies just make it even more awesome :D
37th overlord of teh internetz!

melody angel
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby melody angel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 am

i don't know about the prinnys being out of it but i know there could be a disgaea with out Etna.
QUEEN MELODY ANGEL

can you please feed my pet lilly :D

burnfist23
Majin
Majin

Postby burnfist23 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 am

lopez wrote:So would you guys enjoy the Disgaea games if they didn't have Etna? :shock:

Would I enjoy a game without the bitch whose sweet tooth I would so love to yank out? The character who has gone downhill ever since Disgaea 2? YES!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 pm

I mean, Etna and the Prinnies just make the games more amazing, but they don't have to be in there for the game to be fun. It's more like a bonus. In Disgaea 3 you didn't really get any of them until you got far in the bonus dungeons, and I loved Disgaea 3. I would miss Etna, but I would deal with it.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rhuen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm

They don't have to be there, in the same sense you don't need sprinkles on a cupcake to enjoy it.

Although I would keep Etna away from a star role in Disgaea 4, which shouldn't be a problem, she wasn't a story character in 3, and the Prinnies had no major role.

the thing is though, the Prinnies have to be present, for one they are the company mascots, and two they are the corrupt souls of humans damned to serve in the Netherworld(s).

Actually I'd like to see a game touch on that more, Disgaea 1 had the red-moon but since its like they have started to be treated like just another type of demon rather than the horrible sinfilled torture victims at the mercy of the demons. (colorful language to paint a pretty picture LoL)

maybe have some especially evil Prinny who doesn't want to reincarnate, doesn't want to work, but instead wants to actually take over and gain demonic powers, after all Prinnies have some demonic power so why not strive for more Dood.
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Rhuen wrote:They don't have to be there, in the same sense you don't need sprinkles on a cupcake to enjoy it.

Although I would keep Etna away from a star role in Disgaea 4, which shouldn't be a problem, she wasn't a story character in 3, and the Prinnies had no major role.

the thing is though, the Prinnies have to be present, for one they are the company mascots, and two they are the corrupt souls of humans damned to serve in the Netherworld(s).

Actually I'd like to see a game touch on that more, Disgaea 1 had the red-moon but since its like they have started to be treated like just another type of demon rather than the horrible sinfilled torture victims at the mercy of the demons. (colorful language to paint a pretty picture LoL)

maybe have some especially evil Prinny who doesn't want to reincarnate, doesn't want to work, but instead wants to actually take over and gain demonic powers, after all Prinnies have some demonic power so why not strive for more Dood.

Because they explode when they are thrown unless they have Etna's magic scarf dood.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Arson
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Arson » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

I could handle no Etna, but no Prinnies wouldn't make sense unless the next Disgaea took place in a COMPLETELY new environment, like Earth(meaning the "human world"), or some kind of Alien planet with no mention of demons or angels at all.

Return to “Disgaea Series”