Disgaea 5 Suggestions (And Class suggestions)

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
adellandvalzy
Peon
Peon

Disgaea 5 Suggestions (And Class suggestions)

Postby adellandvalzy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I think that disgaea 5 should include more classes and more "UNIQUE" skills for every class kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics. I always thought it was kinda lame that if your HUMANOID characters use the same weapon, they basically have the same moveset.

I saw a topic where the OP Thought that they should let you create the main character and let him choose a humanoid class. I totally object the idea of creating the main character but I completely love the idea of giving the main character the ability to choose his own class. It enables him to be more in depth with what you want.

Changes I would make would be to the classes and skills would be as follow:

1.) The weapon skills can stay as it is currently but the should have more weapon categories such as...
a.)Katanas for NInjas (Boosts Intelligence and ATK/ New Abilities)
b.) Great Swords for Heavy Knights and Higher Tier Warriors (Boosts ATK signifigantly/ New Abilities)
c.) you get the point......

2.) New Classes (or Returning Classes) I recommend would be as follow:
a.) Male Samurai (Unique Skills & Evilities)
b.) Chaos Soldier (Unique Skills & Evilities)
c.) Summoner (Summon Monsters for 3 Turns to fight)
d.) Blacksmith (Boost Weapon and Armor skills and stats during Fights)

3.) Better Evilities (Class Specific) such as:
a.) Stealth (Opponents cant see unless he's in it's attack range)- Ninja
b.) Jump+. Move+, etc- (High Tier Classes)

Just state your opinion on the ideas and add some suggestions. Thanx

jr2nd
Majin
Majin

Re: Disgaea 5 Suggestions (And Class suggestions)

Postby jr2nd » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 pm

personally i hope they make it easier for classes to learn skills as easy as they could in D1.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 am

jr2nd wrote:personally i hope they make it easier for classes to learn skills as easy as they could in D1.

It's easier in D1 in terms of putting the move on the character faster but because chara world boosts aptitudes in the long run it's better to have chara world.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am

adellandvalzy wrote:I think that disgaea 5 should include more classes and more "UNIQUE" skills for every class kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics. I always thought it was kinda lame that if your HUMANOID characters use the same weapon, they basically have the same moveset.

I saw a topic where the OP Thought that they should let you create the main character and let him choose a humanoid class. I totally object the idea of creating the main character but I completely love the idea of giving the main character the ability to choose his own class. It enables him to be more in depth with what you want.

Changes I would make would be to the classes and skills would be as follow:

1.) The weapon skills can stay as it is currently but the should have more weapon categories such as...
a.)Katanas for NInjas (Boosts Intelligence and ATK/ New Abilities)
b.) Great Swords for Heavy Knights and Higher Tier Warriors (Boosts ATK signifigantly/ New Abilities)
c.) you get the point......

2.) New Classes (or Returning Classes) I recommend would be as follow:
a.) Male Samurai (Unique Skills & Evilities)
b.) Chaos Soldier (Unique Skills & Evilities)
c.) Summoner (Summon Monsters for 3 Turns to fight)
d.) Blacksmith (Boost Weapon and Armor skills and stats during Fights)

3.) Better Evilities (Class Specific) such as:
a.) Stealth (Opponents cant see unless he's in it's attack range)- Ninja
b.) Jump+. Move+, etc- (High Tier Classes)

Just state your opinion on the ideas and add some suggestions. Thanx

Actually, in D3:AoD they DID give every class their own ability, and a different one for each gender of the same class too. So... yeah. Wish fulfilled.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 am

To be perfectly honest I think that they would be best if they got rid of the whole job and class system and just went with a complete character creation system.

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:18 pm

mario_0345 wrote:To be perfectly honest I think that they would be best if they got rid of the whole job and class system and just went with a complete character creation system.

No. Just No.
Tu fui ego eris

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Stranger wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:To be perfectly honest I think that they would be best if they got rid of the whole job and class system and just went with a complete character creation system.

No. Just No.

Why not ? In these games after a certain point the only difference in these characters is there appearance so why not make it customizable.

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 am

mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:

No. Just No.

Why not ? In these games after a certain point the only difference in these characters is there appearance so why not make it customizable.

Too much effort on their part for something utterly pointless and trite. Their efforts are far better focused elsewhere.
Tu fui ego eris

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Stranger wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:

No. Just No.

Too much effort on their part for something utterly pointless and trite. Their efforts are far better focused elsewhere.

Umm... utterly pointless and trite, where do you get that from. Lots of games have character creation, and it's not like a lot of people who play these games don't make a unit that they personalize to a large degree so what would be wrong with going all the way.

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 pm

mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:

No. Just No.

Umm... utterly pointless and trite, where do you get that from. Lots of games have character creation, and it's not like a lot of people who play these games don't make a unit that they personalize to a large degree so what would be wrong with going all the way.

Just because some games do it doesn't mean every game has to. I'd prefer Disgaea not fall to peer pressure.
Tu fui ego eris

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Stranger wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:
Stranger wrote:No. Just No.

Just because some games do it doesn't mean every game has to. I'd prefer Disgaea not fall to peer pressure.

Aside from the fact that Disgaea is already leaning towards that. They already allow you to customize the name of weapons and they are giving you the ability to decide what the weapons look like. They allow you to select the colors for your unit and their voice and personality, heck their already expanding on the personality thing with the personality that you select giving different benefits whats wrong with going the whole distance. Seriously there is nothing wrong with it and it can easily benefit the Disgaea series.

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah, I am done arguing.
Tu fui ego eris

magnum12
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby magnum12 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:10 am

Here's some of my suggestions. Many of them focus on increased tactical options and increased weight of tactics in general.

1. Fix balance between offense and defense: The big inhibitor against tactical play right now due to the upgrades being too high (I suggest a reduction to 190% for specials and 145% for spells but with cheaper mana requirements). Currently, several classes (tanks, healers, and support characters) and several gameplay features (status ailments, counters, guarding, non offense boosting equipment to name a few) are pointless since at high level everything gets one shotted. As an example of how intense the problem is, a lvl 9999 mage (no ATK apt upgrades but with perfect ATK sword and max damage upgrades for specials) easily one shots a lvl 9999 perfect tank build Hell Dragon (a class that seems to be intended to be a hard counter to physical attackers).

2. New weapon types such as heavy weapons (long range, destructive but cumbersome) and one use offensive items (like "grenades")

3. Double Actions: For example, Run (a double move), firing a Heavy Weapon, and "Assault Jump" (hybrid move with infinite jump and AOE normal attack, similar to a move in Dawn of War II)

4. Cover. Self explanitory. Countered by flanking, magic, "grenades", knocking them out of it with fist attacks.

5. New items such as rank 40 shoes, orbs, belts, glasses, and muscles.

LazamairAMD
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LazamairAMD » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am

1. Fix balance between offense and defense: The big inhibitor against tactical play right now due to the upgrades being too high (I suggest a reduction to 190% for specials and 145% for spells but with cheaper mana requirements). Currently, several classes (tanks, healers, and support characters) and several gameplay features (status ailments, counters, guarding, non offense boosting equipment to name a few) are pointless since at high level everything gets one shotted. As an example of how intense the problem is, a lvl 9999 mage (no ATK apt upgrades but with perfect ATK sword and max damage upgrades for specials) easily one shots a lvl 9999 perfect tank build Hell Dragon (a class that seems to be intended to be a hard counter to physical attackers).

1. The mechanics are already well balanced. Disgaea has been around for 10 years now, I have a feeling NIS is not going to change (too much) a formula that is proven to be both challenging and fun.

2. New weapon types such as heavy weapons (long range, destructive but cumbersome) and one use offensive items (like "grenades")

2. Couple issues with this: A. Thousands of new HD sprites will need to be created for each individual weapon and class. B. All abilities will need to be rebalanced to make the new weapon skills for the new weapon types viable. C. All new animations for the new special abilities.

True BD-ROM DL is a LOT of space, but we have to consider just how much space on the disc is devoted to HD sprites, abilities, etc.

3. Double Actions: For example, Run (a double move), firing a Heavy Weapon, and "Assault Jump" (hybrid move with infinite jump and AOE normal attack, similar to a move in Dawn of War II)

3. Double Actions would overwhelmingly break the strategy and the challenge.

4. Cover. Self explanitory. Countered by flanking, magic, "grenades", knocking them out of it with fist attacks.

4. The idea of Cover was introduced in Disgaea 4, where a defender up front will soak damage, while those characters behind him/her takes nothing. This is only for physical attacks, most specials will still do damage based on the panels covered.

5. New items such as rank 40 shoes, orbs, belts, glasses, and muscles.

5. I dunno. The items you are referring to are already Rank 39, as such, they provide amazing bonuses, especially when perfected.

magnum12
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby magnum12 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:19 pm

LazamairAMD wrote:
1. The mechanics are already well balanced. Disgaea has been around for 10 years now, I have a feeling NIS is not going to change (too much) a formula that is proven to be both challenging and fun.

In terms of the mechanics themselves, I would be inclined to agree. However, my argument isn't about the formula as a whole. It's about one small part of the damage formula (the upgrade modifiers) that's single handedly ruining an otherwise strong "skeleton of balance", and that effect is invalidating a whole bunch of game play. Once the special attack upgrades introduced in D3 start getting past 300%, the skeleton literately crumbles to dust, which starts to kill the challenge (the latest two games are considerably easier due to one shotting being so easy).

3. Double Actions would overwhelmingly break the strategy and the challenge.

I don't see how. Since the basic skeleton of an SRPG or games that play like one (many Table top RPGS) can be broken down into each unit getting two actions (typically movement and attacking/casting/using items), how would actions that require you to use BOTH of a unit's allowed actions (hence the term "double action") to use harm the game. When one takes the concept of "action economy" into consideration, "double actions" would make a player think wisely about how they use that "action economy". Given that many battles in Disgaea are elite (you) vs horde (enemy), "action economy" becomes more important since while elite armies have more powerful individual units, they have to make every action count since horde armies have a significant advantage in terms of "action economy".

4. The idea of Cover was introduced in Disgaea 4, where a defender up front will soak damage, while those characters behind him/her takes nothing. This is only for physical attacks, most specials will still do damage based on the panels covered.

What I meant is pieces of the map (such as crates, destructible terrain, etc) that a unit can hide behind that increases their evasion rate (depending on the quality of cover) against attacks from enemies that draw a line of sight through the cover. If the attack misses, the cover takes the damage instead. In order to benefit from cover, the unit must be directly behind the source of cover.

5. I dunno. The items you are referring to are already Rank 39, as such, they provide amazing bonuses, especially when perfected.

The problem is that since amongst the accessories, only emblems get to rank 40, which means that emblems are overall considerably better than the others because their net bonuses are stronger, especially when perfected. With the other items being rank 40, mass emblems isn't such a no brainer choice anymore.

Got some more ideas.

6. Changes to sight rules: Essentially, if the unit cannot see its target (even when it's in legal range), it can't attack it. Exceptions: Indirect fire attacks (from bows and magic) but with significant accuracy penalties. Allows the player to set up ambushes or alternatively force the player to move with caution and try to bait the enemy out of its posistion in order to set up a counter attack.

7. Smarter AI. IMO one of the reasons why the series feels too easy is because the AI makes a lot of dumb decisions.

8. Overall tougher difficulty: Ideally, I'd love to see the next game be "really hard but in such a way that it never feels cheap or unfair". Examples of this sort of difficulty: Mega Man Zero and Demon's Souls.

Return to “Disgaea Series”