Playstation 4 and Disgaea

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Playstation 4 and Disgaea

Postby Chamaeleonx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I was really delighted and happy as i saw NIS on Sonys screen with studios! =D

Now im wondering or rather expecting Disgaea 5 to come out for Playstation 4 as we get Disgaea D2 for the PS3 and the new consoles are to be released at the end of this year.
Of course its just a guess but it would be awesome and i would buy a Playstation 4 just for Disgaea 5!

Well, i want to start a discussion and maybe some mods posts on the following topic:
What graphics do you expect in Disgaea 5?
- Even prettier sprites with AA, MSAA, FFS and such quality modes rendered edges?
- Even more Characters in battle with maps that evolve while you play?
- 3D HD Background with animations and everything?
- Awesome animations for spells?

Disgaea looks awesome and i own every title but with the PS4 there is a great advantage:
She got 8GB GDDR5 RAM, so NIS could use a never imaginable amount of graphics in a Disgaea game!

There are so many things that i would add to a Disgaea game :/. But i still wonder if somebody reads or sends our opinions to NIS.. .
For example:
- Expanding Maps would be great. We got enemy Basepanels already.
- Story branches with different story parts where.
- etc. etc. etc. .

Disgaea has so many possibilities and I love how it slowly evoles to a better game. But i dont understand one thing, why cutting down the content if you could keep growing the game with every title? Fans will buy it anyway, well i will always buy it. In my opinion it would be the best to make Disgaea growing with every title, adding gender modells, new characters and such. It wont get complex or anything with such a development =).

Greetings,
Chamaeleonx
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Playstation 4 and Disgaea

Postby Palmogranite » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

I haven't played it 3, but was there a big jump between 2 and 3? I don't think there was at least in the graphics. Does 3 do anything super special that a ps2 couldn't do? Now 4 was a big jump in graphics. I'd be fine with graphics that are similar to 4. I'd want improvements in other areas, like more stuff on screen now. Since they got all that ram and everything just throw more stuff on screen haha.

D5 could do cool internet stuff like expanding on the base that 4 layed out.
Image Emizel

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Palmogranite wrote:I haven't played it 3, but was there a big jump between 2 and 3? I don't think there was at least in the graphics. Does 3 do anything super special that a ps2 couldn't do? Now 4 was a big jump in graphics. I'd be fine with graphics that are similar to 4. I'd want improvements in other areas, like more stuff on screen now. Since they got all that ram and everything just throw more stuff on screen haha.

D5 could do cool internet stuff like expanding on the base that 4 layed out.

There's not really a wall for "graphics" in Disgaea anymore, seeing as the most important thing is the sprites and the high resolutions are more than enough for nice HD sprites, and they only started abusing that in 4, after using the processing power of the PS3 to have crazy map designs in 3.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Not sure how the sprites could get any better at this point. They could be more animated I suppose, that could be done on PS3 easily.
Tu fui ego eris

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 am

Stranger wrote:Not sure how the sprites could get any better at this point. They could be more animated I suppose, that could be done on PS3 easily.

Well, that's just adding more frames to the sprites, and thus just requires more work to do.
Though the sprite sheets are already pretty large as it is.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 am

I would love some visual enhancing, aka AA and such. So the edges are looking great =). The PS3 couldnt do that for most games due to RAM, but now they could do that.

Disgaea has the potential!
BUT I dont want them to go away from Sprites!
-> Disgaea has to be Sprites!
The rest can be super HD :P.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Palmogranite » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't see how the sprites can improve much. PS4 is going to be 1080p, just like ps3 so it wont be any
higher rez. D4 was probably 720p so going to 1080 will help.

Geo panels are going to be the center of the graphics world on ps4 lol.
Image Emizel

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 pm

That's a good point. Geo-panels could have some texture on them, instead of just transparent color. Of course, sticking textures on stuff doesn't require a PS4 either.
Tu fui ego eris

Palmogranite
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Palmogranite » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Its hard to think of stuff to add.
If there are cracks in the ground showing lava underneath, they could add a heat distortion effect above it and it will distort anything behind it, or they could add gusts that actually blow stuff like capes and banners around a bit, or make it so that in levels that have rain, the sprites get wet. Or have it start to snow and add up a couple inches. Weather effects that come and go for a couple of turns would be cool graphically. And the stuff like heat distortion and "wetness"ect. can be used on the magic spells too.
IDK just thinking out loud, and not sure if that stuff would fit disgaea. The wet sprites would just be more sprites that get switched on I think so not really ps4, but still its an idea.
Image Emizel

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm kind of hoping NIS will reach a point where they have enough cash to burn that we can get the occasional animated cutscene, ala what Atlus does.
Tu fui ego eris

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 am

My point is that they could use Anti-Aniliasing for example. Thats something the PS3 never could do, only the Xbox, because the PS3 didnt have enough RAM. If you play DIsgaea on a big screen you will see what i mean.

The other thing is to improve background and stage graphics in generall in addition to AA and other improvements.

I see a lot of things you could change and add to Disgaea to make it even more awesome.

Remember the Maps from Makai Kingdom where they would suddenly expand? That would be cool.
Different genders for all generic characters would be cool too.
Geopanels could glow with energy too.
Heat distortion, wind, animated backgrounds/maps, real online battles (im sure NIS will create a system where its balanced, even if they tune down every character just for that onlinebattle temporary :P), different hairstyles for generics, evolving generics with each rank (so you can really see which rank it is beside the colour), animated scenes where the Sprites move would be cool too.

There is so much that you could add in detail, while still keep Sprites and the Disgaeaspirit alive =D.

And of course, dont reduce content :P.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am

Geo Panels have to be transparent otherwise you cant see the ground under them and everything would just be in differnt colours. Therefore they should just add slight glowing effects, etc. . Spawning animation if you take a character out of the basepanel (small flash of light or anything as they are materialised)
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Stranger
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Stranger » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:41 am

Chamaeleonx wrote:My point is that they could use Anti-Aniliasing for example. Thats something the PS3 never could do, only the Xbox, because the PS3 didnt have enough RAM. If you play DIsgaea on a big screen you will see what i mean.

The other thing is to improve background and stage graphics in generall in addition to AA and other improvements.

I see a lot of things you could change and add to Disgaea to make it even more awesome.

Remember the Maps from Makai Kingdom where they would suddenly expand? That would be cool.
Different genders for all generic characters would be cool too.
Geopanels could glow with energy too.
Heat distortion, wind, animated backgrounds/maps, real online battles (im sure NIS will create a system where its balanced, even if they tune down every character just for that onlinebattle temporary :P), different hairstyles for generics, evolving generics with each rank (so you can really see which rank it is beside the colour), animated scenes where the Sprites move would be cool too.

There is so much that you could add in detail, while still keep Sprites and the Disgaeaspirit alive =D.

And of course, dont reduce content :P.

The PS3 can do AA. Just differently and not as well. The PS3 has the same ammount of RAM as the 360 (512mb), the difference is on PS3 it's split into two separate chips of 256mb each. Harder to program? yes. Impossible? No.
Tu fui ego eris

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:16 pm

As far as i know the Xbox has more RAM then the PS3, that was always the issue. You cant count the CPU RAM into graphic calculations. Most titles dont have AA or FSAA as far as i know.

What i would love is basicly a fusion from every Disgaea title, only using the best things =P.

Im curious about the "Item sea", but i think that you can level items only to 100 in Disgaea D2, just like in the original Disgaea.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:49 am

Stranger wrote:Harder to program? yes. Impossible? No.

Hence why a lot of games are either exclusive to PS3 or on every other platform instead. It ain't cheap.

Return to “Disgaea Series”