The next Disgaea to get a Sequel?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Which Disgaea do you want to have a sequel?

Disgaea D3
17%
Disgaea 2 D2
52%
Disgaea 3 D2
22%
Disgaea 4 D2
9%

Total votes: 23

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

The next Disgaea to get a Sequel?

Postby mario_0345 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:22 pm

So with the upcoming release of Disgaea D2, I've begun to wonder which Disgaea game would you like to see get a Dimension sequel next.

Personally for me it is either Disgaea 3, since we don't know who is Mao's mother also I would love it if it used time travel to include Almaz and Sapphires children.

Or Disgaea 4, mostly because of how the endgame chapters just seemed to fall apart and use such a forced Humans are the real monsters thing, plus I would like to actually see some character development for Fuka.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: The next Disgaea to get a Sequel?

Postby Rednal » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:48 pm

D4. Anything that gives us more Artina is okay in my book, and besides, I'd love to see Val spreading PROPER fear of the night across the universe and having them rise up to try and stop him, only to ultimately be overcome by his darkness. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:01 pm

I think Rozalin is the best suited to having a continuation because of her... situation :X there's just a natural story that can happen there.

To be perfectly honest, though, I'd love for some sort of crossover game where the cast from various games actually comes together for a mainline story and not just post-game content.

LordLaharlsVassal
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:25 am

myskaros wrote:To be perfectly honest, though, I'd love for some sort of crossover game where the cast from various games actually comes together for a mainline story and not just post-game content.

I would like that too.
Disgaea Light Novels and Artbooks Localization supporter!
Learn more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gaeaNovels

My deviantart: http://maharl.deviantart.com/

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 pm

myskaros wrote:To be perfectly honest, though, I'd love for some sort of crossover game where the cast from various games actually comes together for a mainline story and not just post-game content.

This would be so awesome, but I wonder how'd they'd execute it. I have no imagination when it comes to story so I have no earthly idea how it can be done, but if they can do this.... wow
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:07 pm

They'd all fight for the spot of Main Character throughout the game, only to realize at the end that the viewpoint character, Asagi, was the real heroine. *Nods sagely*

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:52 am

myskaros wrote:I think Rozalin is the best suited to having a continuation because of her... situation :X there's just a natural story that can happen there.

To be perfectly honest, though, I'd love for some sort of crossover game where the cast from various games actually comes together for a mainline story and not just post-game content.

I agree with all of your words here.

D2 has a huge amount of material that could be used for more story. Tink's return to a human, Hanako being Etna's vassal, Rozalin and Adell's relationship, Rozalin's past, Yukimaru and Fubuki rebuilding the Snow Clan, Taro being cute, Sammy actually having a speaking role. Plus, I really wanted to play as Mom, Dad, Shura, and Serion.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:58 am

3 is my favorite Disgaea, but I'd honestly be upset if it got a sequel. I felt like the story wrapped up far too tightly for there to be any room for a sequel.

Now 2 seems like a good fit. I don't really have any good reasons as to why, other than it fitting the mold of other shounen anime.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Larkybroages wrote:D2 has a huge amount of material that could be used for more story. Tink's return to a human, Hanako being Etna's vassal, Rozalin and Adell's relationship, Rozalin's past, Yukimaru and Fubuki rebuilding the Snow Clan, Taro being cute, Sammy actually having a speaking role. Plus, I really wanted to play as Mom, Dad, Shura, and Serion.

You started off pretty good there then kind of lost focus ;)

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:35 pm

I stopped paying attention the moment I thought I read "More Tink". :?

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:29 pm

I think every Disgaea game could get a sequel except maybe Disgaea 3.

Shadow
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Rednal wrote:I stopped paying attention the moment I thought I read "More Tink". :?

I hated Tink. I'd go mad if I had to deal with his nonsense again! :cry:
Now Playing: Disgaea 5! - PAL Region

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:53 am

I'd personally love a sequel to 3. My favorite of the series, and I'd love to see what the gang is up to now. Plus I'd get to have them all without having to worry about them being DLC or not!

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:06 am

Seventh wrote:I'd personally love a sequel to 3. My favorite of the series, and I'd love to see what the gang is up to now. Plus I'd get to have them all without having to worry about them being DLC or not!

Not to be rude or flame you or whatever, but what could you possibly like that much about Disgaea 3?

The characters were decent I guess, but I found the setting pretty horrible and very limiting to the story(which I thought was very weak).

As for having them all in the possible sequel; you might lose a few of the less important ones like the defenders of earth disappeared in D2.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:00 am

Well, I'm hoping the Defenders of Earth will get a DLC scenario, so I haven't counted them out yet.

As for Disgaea 3 though? In my case, it's more like what is there NOT to like so much? I loved the cast, and the way they handled the relationships between all of them and how they developed the characters and relationships I felt was done excellently. I really enjoyed the setting and found it especially fun and unique, and thoroughly enjoyed the "outside" plot that we were presented with in the beginning as well as the deeper parts of the plot with Mao's father and Geoffrey and such. I also don't feel like any of the other games, except perhaps the first, blend humor and drama together nearly as well (I particularly dislike how towards the end, 4 almost disregards humor entirely in favor of trying much too hard with the drama).

Mao and Almaz are two of my favorite characters in the franchise as a whole, and getting back to relationships, theirs with each other as well as Beryl and Sapphire respectively I found particularly entertaining. I loved Champloo's silliness and Salvatore's straight faces overthetopness, and Master Bigster was fun as well. Even though they were just class recolors, I even grew to really like Kyoko and Asuka.

In terms of visual and audio stuff, the game visually had a lot of memorable stages and definitely character designs. It has my third favorite N1 soundtrack after ZHP and Makai Kingdom, and the seiyuu cast is damn near perfect - though N1 casts usually are, I will admit.

Honestly, I could go on and on and on about why it's my favorite, but I think if I do any more I'll simply be gushing at that point.

Return to “Disgaea Series”