Story characters vs Create characters ?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Story characters vs Create characters ?

Postby Aikia » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I only played disgaea 1, not the post game ( except I did etna mode )

And disgaea d2, which I am in right now, getting ready for pringer z.

In disgaea in general, are story characters or create characters better for post game/reincarnating/main's

Or is it just preference ?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Story characters vs Create characters ?

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Ever since the first game, they have been making named characters better and more comparable to created ones. So they have their own staggered aptitudes and do have them increase when they reincarnate now, rather than a flat stat line.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

NextGenCowboy
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby NextGenCowboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:08 pm

In the first game generics were unquestionably better, not even counting the uber classes. As the games have gone on that has shifted to story characters becoming more and more powerful, pretty much culminating with Desco in D4 being near-broken. I haven't gotten far enough into D2 to say one way or the other, but seems to have struck a pretty good balance so far.

Depending on when you reincarnate story characters will get stronger faster, but for the most part it's going to come down to which weapons you like, and which evalities you think are the best. Also how powerful their unique skills are.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Etna
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Etna » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 pm

There's also the fact that story characters only need 100 mana for the reincarnation itself, as compared to generics, who's mana cost doubles, eventually hitting 9,999,999 mana to reincarnate (I think it hits that?). I wonder if it actually does. How would you reincarnate to... anything if you used all your mana up for the reincarnation itself? D:

Return to “Disgaea Series”