Overlord Priere

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
DebiruFlonne
New Vassal
New Vassal

Overlord Priere

Postby DebiruFlonne » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:10 am

Since I can't wait to buy the Priere DLC for Disgaea D2, I spent some time reading up on La Pucelle Ragnarok (there is surprisingly little info on it out there, but I found a decent summary with screenshots here: http://www.rpgdl.com/archives/556 ).

I was wondering if both Human and Overlord Prier were being put into Disgaea D2 due to the events of what happened in the Overlord sidestory, since we get to see human Prier confronting some kind of separate manifestation of her Overlord self, sort of like Eclair did, I guess.

Just curious if anyone else had any thoughts on Prier and her dual identity.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Overlord Priere

Postby Larkybroages » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 pm

I just ported Ragnarok and I was wondering if Overlord Priere and Priere are two different units after you beat the alternate story mode. Or is Overlord only playable in the alternate story? Also are there any additional stories besides Prinny and the Disgaea Trio and the DLC? Debiru is right though, there's like nothing on this game.

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Larkybroages wrote:I just ported Ragnarok and I was wondering if Overlord Priere and Priere are two different units after you beat the alternate story mode. Or is Overlord only playable in the alternate story? Also are there any additional stories besides Prinny and the Disgaea Trio and the DLC? Debiru is right though, there's like nothing on this game.

Demonlord Prier is just another form you acquire that is playable in both modes after you unlock it.
Prier merges with her dark self and becomes whole just like Eclair.

In terms of additional content, the PSP port has all the stuff from the Japanese and EU editions of the original PS2 game (more forms of Baal and new game plus), and the things you mentioned exclusive to the PSP port(as well as skippable battle animations, purification chain speed modifications, a new battle mechanic that results in extra turns for portal purification, additional training sequences for your monsters(one gives the option to name them), item collection npc, in-game jukebox, and adjustable camera angles).

I really don't think they could have added much more to this port considering it pretty much got as many additions as Disgaea 1, and this game is its predecessor.

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:38 pm

DebiruFlonne wrote:I was wondering if both Human and Overlord Prier were being put into Disgaea D2 due to the events of what happened in the Overlord sidestory, since we get to see human Prier confronting some kind of separate manifestation of her Overlord self, sort of like Eclair did, I guess.

I will tell it as I understand it after playing the game and reading partial translations of La pucelle Ragnarok.

In Disgaea 4 Overlord prier had 3 personalities one reflecting the main end of La Pucelle one reflecting the happy- and one the bad- end for the alternate Demon Lord Prier path.

In Disgaea D2 it's similar, Demon Lord Prier has two personalities: The ones from the happy- and bad- end of the Demon Lord Prier story path. Human Prier is human Prier from the main story.
The version of Eclair is one prior of her joining the party of Prier in La Pucelle, which means she's probably from some time before either story path of La Pucelle took place, I don't know if the same is true for Prier though.

DarkPrier
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby DarkPrier » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 pm

nroejb wrote:
DebiruFlonne wrote:I was wondering if both Human and Overlord Prier were being put into Disgaea D2 due to the events of what happened in the Overlord sidestory, since we get to see human Prier confronting some kind of separate manifestation of her Overlord self, sort of like Eclair did, I guess.

I will tell it as I understand it after playing the game and reading partial translations of La pucelle Ragnarok.

In Disgaea 4 Overlord prier had 3 personalities one reflecting the main end of La Pucelle one reflecting the happy- and one the bad- end for the alternate Demon Lord Prier path.

In Disgaea D2 it's similar, Demon Lord Prier has two personalities: The ones from the happy- and bad- end of the Demon Lord Prier story path. Human Prier is human Prier from the main story.
The version of Eclair is one prior of her joining the party of Prier in La Pucelle, which means she's probably from some time before either story path of La Pucelle took place, I don't know if the same is true for Prier though.

How can Disgaea D2 Eclair be from a time before the events of La Pucelle if she has her Light and Dark attack with her dark form?

nroejb
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby nroejb » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:55 pm

DarkPrier wrote:How can Disgaea D2 Eclair be from a time before the events of La Pucelle if she has her Light and Dark attack with her dark form?

I don't know, probably just a "well we didn't really care" inconsistency on the programmers part. Like having already done dark Eclairs sprites and not wanting them to go to waste.
Anyway in her cutscene she clearly states that she never left the castle before, and didn't even realise that she entered the netherworld, so it obviously takes place before La Pucelle were she leaves the catle (and the continent).
Since the plot is different from La Pucelle, she's obviously an alternate Eclair, so there can be numerous explenations why she can use a Light/Dark attack.

Return to “Disgaea Series”