First Look at the Cast of DIsgaea 5?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
sanchezjohnny58
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

First Look at the Cast of DIsgaea 5?

Postby sanchezjohnny58 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Personally i think it looks like an older Laharl but they did say the Disgaea 5 would have a new setting and new characters so most likely it isn't Laharl. Here's the Link.

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/first-look-cast-disgaea-5

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: First Look at the Cast of DIsgaea 5?

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:36 pm

There have actually been a few threads about this, believe it or not. :lol:

And every time we get a new N1, people say it's Laharl. I actually don't think he looks much like him at all, personally. :shock: Just the art style.

Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kuzuryuu » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:10 pm

I really hope this is the new cast. I really like the guy main guy's design and also that girl with the pink hair.
100% though that it isn't Laharl because Laharl has red eyes and Laharl will never not have his antenna.

Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Okay, so this is the clearest I've seen this picture. Here's my thoughts on each character:

Supposed main character that looks similar to Laharl: At first, I was disappointed that they used a scarf as the flowing red thing that every main character has like Laharl-Scarf, Adell-Tie, Mao-Jacket, Val-Cape, but now I think those are his wings so I am okay with that. But I still can't tell if he's wearing a half shirt of not...He looks like the silent, "I'm so cool." type of guy, but I'm sure they'll make him have some goofy trait. He looks bad ass and I imagine he will be a sword of fist user. Maybe gun, but I kinda hope not.

Pink haired girl who kinda looks like Artina and Val's demonic angel child: She's cute. Prolly has a crush on the main guy. She looks like she's gonna be a little on the jerk side and I really hope she is.

Bearded, half-naked Zetta: He looks like he's the main guy's best friend. I can see him as the laughing good-hearted best friend kinda guy that everything is fun and games until you mess with his friends. Though he'll have a tragic past love story.

Blue-haired Mid-Boss in the back: Rival.

Guy on the left that looks like Mao and Mr. Champloo's love child: He looks like a chef from Makai Kingdom with a pony tail. I think he'll be kinda like an Axel, but not as useless and annoying.

Girl in the back next to the Golden Prinny: She looks like the mysterious girl. Kinda similar to Grune from Tales of Legendia, but not as ditzy. I'm pretty sure she's standing next to the Prinny, but I'm not sure if she's just a little girl sitting on top of the Prinny with her legs to the one side. Because the Prinny looks kinda squished, but it might just be fat.

Spoiler:
The girl is actually Usagi. Pleinair is actually some sort of vampire so when she bit off Usagi's ear he turned into a cute mascot character. Thus explaining her ears.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm 110% sure that's a scarf. If that was a pair of wings... Egad! Also, why would it be bad to be a scarf?

Not seeing any of the similarities to other characters you mentioned beyond Buff Zetta, especially the guy turned away from us. We can barely see him after all. :lol:

I'm still hoping that's a Prinny dress.

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Hope this is legit not going to hold my breath though. I want to see NIS, confirm it.
Haikyo-sha Purinii Buntai

neonie wrote: Everything about Ryouna just makes my pants tight.

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm

NOPE! didn't find anything for 魔界戦記ディスガイア5 cept A whole lotta this. :o

Spoiler:
:o

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:52 pm

I remember that. Now you can too!

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:48 pm

One thing I dislike is this transition to focusing on older casts. (Well, in demonic terms).

I didn't mind it in D4 because it was distinct and well-balanced between the "grown-ups" and the "kids". But this seems rather decidedly grown up to me, which makes it feel more like Makai Kingdom than Disgaea.

This is also (potentially) an odd-numbered Disgaea game, so the protagonist will likely be more villainous than anti-heroic if they stick to tradition.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:58 pm

You think he looks older? Like, "grown up" older? Seems in the same area as Adell and Almaz would be in to me - and Rozy and Sapphire. Ash too. Pinky doesn't look that old, Ponytail is probably in-between a kid and a teen, and Yellow is either tiny and on a Prinny or wearing a dress and... maybe older, yeah. The other two guys do admittedly have potentially older looking builds, but I mean, the first game had Captain Gordon and Jennifer and the third had Mr. Champloo and arguably the older students - and that's only talking playable characters, since Mid-Boss and Vulcanus are things the first game had too.

Would it be bad if they did that, though? As far as the writing was concerned, I don't see why there needs to be too big of a distinction between the two (besides for the whole book and no player characters thing). An all adult Disgaea (which this definitely does not appear to be) might be interesting. Frankly, I'm just glad we're getting one at all considering N1's "new direction" kick they've been on.

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:46 am

ZekeFreek wrote:This is also (potentially) an odd-numbered Disgaea game, so the protagonist will likely be more villainous than anti-heroic if they stick to tradition.

Bout damn time! Yay real Baddies (Finally! Demons that act like Demons).

Seventh wrote:I remember that. Now you can too!

:lol:

HereWeGoDood
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby HereWeGoDood » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:12 am

Only the scarf reminds me of Laharl really. One of the people in the back however reminds me of a more muscular Zetta however.
You gotta have guts dood!

ArchfiendofPurinīi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ArchfiendofPurinīi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:03 am

DON'T ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STATEMENT I'M ABOUT TO MAKE, BECAUSE I'M NOT ANSWERING ANY PERIOD!

The character with the scarf is NOT who you think it is; SHE has nothing to do with him. Totally different character. Looks like female from the back though.

Spoiler:
Last edited by ArchfiendofPurinīi on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HereWeGoDood
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby HereWeGoDood » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 am

ArchfiendofPurinīi wrote:DON'T ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STATEMENT I'M ABOUT TO MAKE, BECAUSE I'M NOT ANSWERING ANY PERIOD!

The character with the scarf is NOT who you think it is; SHE has nothing to do with him. Totally different character.

Spoiler:

How do you know the one with a scarf is a she?
You gotta have guts dood!

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 am

He/She said they wouldn't answer questions about it. Honestly I'm curious to know as well.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Return to “Disgaea Series”