General Questions about Disgaea. (NEW FAN!)

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
Sorukai
New Vassal
New Vassal

General Questions about Disgaea. (NEW FAN!)

Postby Sorukai » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 pm

I recently picked up a PSP3000, mint, for cheap off a friend that doesn't use it. The only games I have are: Rock Band, Unplugged, and Harvest Moon Boy & Girl (Because my BTN nature is broken. ;P And HM is my crack) and have been looking for new ones.

I've heard rave reviews about Disgaea games, and have always looked into getting them. I love the genre, and I've heard they have great anime style characters with lots of humour. *Note, I am an absolute sucker for a good romcom (Romance Comedy)* My buddy had # 2 for PS2, which I heard him often comment on, all the time.

Now that I have some disposable cash, and need a couple new PSP games. Id like one to play while I wait for my Toradora order to come in, which should be tomorrow. (GREATEST ANIME SERIES EVER INVENTED. I LOVE YOU NISA <3)

I'm wondering;

1. Are they on the PSN store? (I would prefer the UMD, is it still in stores?)
2. Why isn't #2 available from NISA store? (Only Infinite, and #1, and the Prinny game)
3. Infinite just came out, is it available on PSN? And being a visual novel, how is it? (I've played many before, but what's the Genre? Like Romance, Humour, Drama? Which one? :O)

With all do luck, I'll be a fan of the series, and add NIS America to my fave company list alongside Game Freak and Natsume. :]

-Logan.

Kipdog
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: General Questions about Disgaea. (NEW FAN!)

Postby Kipdog » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:59 pm

I believe that Disgaea 1 is on the PSN store. You might be able to find Disgaea 1 or 2 at a Gamestop or something along those lines, but Im not sure.

Im not sure why Disgaea 2 is not on PSN. I did not even know it wasnt on there.

Disgaea Infinite is pretty much all humor.

I wasnt entirely sure what "they" was in question 1. I thought you meant any of the Disgaea games, but in your second question the first was technically answered if "they" was referring to Disgaea games.
Image Image Image

BigNutter
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby BigNutter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am

Disgaea 1 and 2 are on the Playstation Store in several Locations. If you've not got Wifi or a PS3, you can download Media Go which is a PSP Media control Panel, with access to the Playstation Store: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pro ... e=download

Both games are in the UK store, and I'd guess that it's in the USA store as well. There is DLC for the Disgaea 2 which can only be bought in the Playstation Store, two of them are free in the US and Europe.

IF you've played Disgaea 1 on a PSP then play Disgaea 2, you get an "secret" class unlocked, the Female Samurai in Disgaea 2. She's a Physical powerhouse like her D1 and so much as her Male Counter Parts.

Chizu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Chizu » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 am

You should still be able to find it in stores, certainly somewhere like Amazon would be a good bet.
I also prefer UMD's over download for the PSP.
But all the games SHOULD be available to you on PSN.

I assume you are in America or there abouts, so Infinite should be available to you on PSN.
(I had to import it to the UK 8D)

It's pretty awesome, I guess you could say its Humour, but that really applies to all the NIS games.
It's alot more branch heavy than alot of VN's I've played, Lots of characters to follow about and see what happens to.
Certainly worth the low price tag.

BTW, if you pick up both core Disgaea games on psp, best to play them in order (seems obvious but people do not)
The story telling and game systems improve across the series.

Return to “Disgaea Series”