Disgaea 4?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
kingruler9999
Majin
Majin

Disgaea 4?

Postby kingruler9999 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:16 am

If nis is indeed going to make another disgaea i wonder who the main character would be.

Laharl? or maybe Demon Lord Hanako who is supposedly from a future game

Edit: Also what changes would you like to see in the next disgaea game
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Disgaea 4?

Postby Taiga » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

If it follows the previous games, it will be a totally new character.

x3AlexSaysRawr
Peon
Peon

Postby x3AlexSaysRawr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Asagi? Maybe, no, didn't think so -.-

But at least she's getting a mode in the new Prinny game. She's doomed to a life of being a side character.
maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year
previously: D1: AOD
currently: D2: DHD
ignoring: yggdra union

n1c3guy707
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby n1c3guy707 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Yeah it's most likely a new character. I do wonder what type of setting 4 will have.
War's end but my soldiers are eternal.

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm

One should expect an original character and a setting that is a Netherworld variant. Besides that, the details are mostly unpredictable.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am

I do hope for Asagi even though I'm more than sure that won't happen lol.

I'm hoping its a fresh story once again and that it still has some of the old characters available like Rune Knights and thieves... also hoping they bring back the steal health etc that thieves used to have.

I'm sure it'll be entertaining either way, I haven't really been disappointed in any of the Disgaeas yet. :3
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

kingruler9999
Majin
Majin

Postby kingruler9999 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:39 pm

I would like them to bring the weapon mastery system back i found that so much easier that the Disgaea 3 system, I would also like to be able to use more characters at once like 15 or so,and more interactive customization with the characters a fight mode might not be bad either
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:54 pm

kingruler9999 wrote:I would like them to bring the weapon mastery system back i found that so much easier that the Disgaea 3 system, I would also like to be able to use more characters at once like 15 or so,and more interactive customization with the characters a fight mode might not be bad either

I actually found the Disgaea 3 weapon system to be more efficient in the long-run. In the post-game, I could simply create a character, grant that character millions of mana (via true robber's club) in less than 10 minutes (I had alot of managers), then buy all the skills I wanted without even bringing that ally into battle; in the previous system, I would have to bring the newly created character into battle, and counter for an indeterminant duration of time (hopefully on invincibility panels) until I have the desired skill, even with a level 300 Armsmaster. Though, there are benefits to the original system, such as the damage increase proportional to the mastery level and the fact that you don't have to go through class world to complete the weapon skill set (I still prefer class world in inheriting magic to the master/pupil system).

I do like the idea of increasing the character limit in battles beyond the standard 10. The complement to this change should be an increase in the complexity of the battle stages.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

ruka04
Vassal
Vassal

Postby ruka04 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 am

:D i wanna see all the old characters :D and possibly Seraph Flonne xD
and new characters and classes :D
and a new kind of prinny ;)

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:23 am

I hope that they include the Hero Prinny, if they do I might even consider buying a PS3.

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:24 am

Judgment8 wrote:I hope that they include the Hero Prinny, if they do I might even consider buying a PS3.

What would be the hero prinnies attacks? Doesn't they just fight the same in Prinny as they do in Disgaea?
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Judgment8 wrote:I hope that they include the Hero Prinny, if they do I might even consider buying a PS3.

The hero prinny is a DLC character in Disgaea 3...
Considering how Prinny will have a sequel, it is increasingly likely that the prinny hero will be in Disgaea 4, though, probably as DLC.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

-Asagi, Soul Nomad

Mars Volta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mars Volta » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah, Hero Prinny already exists as DLC on D3, unless you mean he's already added in the game, like Marona and Axel were post-game. o.O

As for the main character... like someone said it could swing in any direction, but personally I'd find it kind of cool if they had a mafia-style setting in the Netherworld, with the main being either already at the top and making sure it stays that way (rivals or people within the gang may try and take over, for example), or working their way to it like Mao did.

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:40 am

Mars Volta wrote:As for the main character... like someone said it could swing in any direction, but personally I'd find it kind of cool if they had a mafia-style setting in the Netherworld, with the main being either already at the top and making sure it stays that way (rivals or people within the gang may try and take over, for example), or working their way to it like Mao did.

Considering Disgaea 3, that is certainly a possibility; incidentally, in your mafia Netherworld, would there be any distinct themed features such as Homeroom (Dark Assembly) and Class World in Disgaea 3?
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

-Asagi, Soul Nomad

Mars Volta
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Mars Volta » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Ubiquitor wrote:
Mars Volta wrote:As for the main character... like someone said it could swing in any direction, but personally I'd find it kind of cool if they had a mafia-style setting in the Netherworld, with the main being either already at the top and making sure it stays that way (rivals or people within the gang may try and take over, for example), or working their way to it like Mao did.

Considering Disgaea 3, that is certainly a possibility; incidentally, in your mafia Netherworld, would there be any distinct themed features such as Homeroom (Dark Assembly) and Class World in Disgaea 3?

Yeah, it's not all clear and organized (since a lot of this is strictly in my head, and it doesn't help I don't actually possess intimate knowledge of real-world mafia >.>), but I can definitely see the Dark Assembly being designed to fit in with the mafia theme. I would need someone with better knowledge about them than I to correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding certain mafia families have banded together, forming a "Commision" to make major decisions that can end up affected all the other families. That smells a bit to me like Dark Assembly. As for Class World, I think it could be possible, but I'd have to do more research to be sure.

For kicks and grins, I could almost see the ranking levels edited a little bit too, to fit in with the mafia theme. Maybe something along these lines:

Piciotto(Good-For-Nothing)
Sgarrista (Incompetent)
Caporegime (Average)
Underboss (Skilled)
Don (Distinguished)
Boss of All Bosses (Genius)

Return to “Disgaea Series”