Disgaea 4?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!
sanzo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Disgaea 4?

Postby sanzo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey, I like the mafia setting idea. It'll be interesting to see what the main character will be like.
SLAVES: Gojyo, Mel, Dodge, probably Zatty.

Roukou
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Roukou » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Honestly, I think Disgaea 4 should have an entirely new cast, like the other games.
And have the characters from the older games makes cameo appearances, like the otehr games.

And bring back Adell!
MY NAME IS ROUKOU AND I AM THE SUPREME OVERLORD!!
HAHAHAHAhhaahhaa!!

rickyleung90
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby rickyleung90 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 am

It will have a new main character for sure. I just want them to keep the Statistician, and make Class World shorter to like 3 to 5 floors and have more dropouts. :D
check out the Disgaea 4 Facebook page and like it if you want!
http://www.facebook.com/Disgaea4

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:22 pm

Have the D1 cast back in the spotlight...Laharl VS the Netherverse..Alternate Endings... Best Ending..Netherverse King & his 2 Brides!!! .....Other Ending Three world Balance...Seraph Flonne...Netherverse Watcher Laharl (& Know I didn't still that Idea from Marvel comics..lol) Overloard Etna.
Bad Ending...Slaves of the Netherverse...a lifetime of Servitude to Demon Lord Ball!!! and MORE!!! :D
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

overlord zaku 2008
Vassal
Vassal

Postby overlord zaku 2008 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:54 am

While were on the lines of D1 bring back some of the Old classes for D1 like the Female Ronin.

Also i would agree with the mafia setting have the setting be in a netherworld variant of the 20s to 30s era when mafias were big... but on another not wasn't the D.A. from D2 sorta like a mafia setting? i mean with just the six monster classes and the occaisanal legendary Senate which again could be consider a mafia "Family"
Image Image

Auragaea
Peon
Peon

Postby Auragaea » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:12 pm

All I really want for Disgaea 4 is for DEF and RES to be much more important than they are now and for the game to require much more strategy than to powerlevel and decimate enemies with sheer force.
We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality.

Ubiquitor
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ubiquitor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Auragaea wrote:All I really want for Disgaea 4 is for DEF and RES to be much more important than they are now and for the game to require much more strategy than to powerlevel and decimate enemies with sheer force.

If you want to solely rely on strategy, purposely keep your characters underleveled. There being an option to powerlevel does not imply that no strategy exists independent of powerleveling.
Obsolete Mafia-archive
Spoiler:

"And now, the rich and beautiful Master Asagi has chosen your stupid game to be her next victim!"
-Asagi, Soul Nomad

Red_Rose
Majin
Majin

Postby Red_Rose » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:53 am

If they made Disgaea 4 would they make it on the PS3 to? and the main hero has to be Different then the last ones we did have not unless they do the Impossible and make a Female hero witch is not likely to happen But I'm sure everyone else well be on DLC if they make a Disgaea 4.
Darkness will lead us to salvation
赤いバラ

PhantomOfTheKnight
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PhantomOfTheKnight » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Pretty much the only thing Disgaea really needs is a graphical overhaul. It'd be pretty cool to se them go from rites to full 3D models.

MIRACLEfool
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MIRACLEfool » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:07 pm

PhantomOfTheKnight wrote: It'd be pretty cool to se them go from rites to full 3D models.

Personally I don't really think so I have a very bad vibe coming from the idea of them being 3d.
Your organs.. I wants.

PhantomOfTheKnight
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PhantomOfTheKnight » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:20 pm

MIRACLEfool wrote:
PhantomOfTheKnight wrote: It'd be pretty cool to se them go from rites to full 3D models.

Personally I don't really think so I have a very bad vibe coming from the idea of them being 3d.
...really? I think'd it'd be badass. Also. full motion cutscenes, please.

NekoCake
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NekoCake » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am

Well, there's no need for 3D (unless it's super pretty and high detailed, and I don't think NipponIchi has the budget for that) a simple sprite upgrade would make me very happy.

Anyway, It doesn't occur to me any interesting setting for Disgaea 4 to take place, maybe Celestia/Heaven... :? ?
About the mafia setting... everything is so upside down in Netherworld's society, basically the mafia members would be very kind and gentle demons spreading good deeds trough the Netherwold :lol: , sort of like Raspberyl.

Chizu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Chizu » Sun May 02, 2010 5:50 am

Never go 3d~
I love sprites.
What I WOULD like to see is NIS raise the resolution of their sprites.

Sprites are a gorgeous thing, it would be nice to have them be a little sharper though.

As for leads, New is expected. Seeing Rozy again would be nice though.
2 Brought Etna back as a main cast member, lets see Rozy back, or Flonne in a more pivotal role.
Either way they're bound to be in there in some form or another, so its all good.

Mao was a little bit too much of a Laharl-alike for me, I'd like someone a bit different for 4's lead than that please. And not so much the generic hero type Adell was.

How about the core lead being female for once :3

Grim-Thanatos
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Grim-Thanatos » Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Ubiquitor wrote:
kingruler9999 wrote:I would like them to bring the weapon mastery system back i found that so much easier that the Disgaea 3 system, I would also like to be able to use more characters at once like 15 or so,and more interactive customization with the characters a fight mode might not be bad either

I actually found the Disgaea 3 weapon system to be more efficient in the long-run. In the post-game, I could simply create a character, grant that character millions of mana (via true robber's club) in less than 10 minutes (I had alot of managers), then buy all the skills I wanted without even bringing that ally into battle; in the previous system, I would have to bring the newly created character into battle, and counter for an indeterminant duration of time (hopefully on invincibility panels) until I have the desired skill, even with a level 300 Armsmaster. Though, there are benefits to the original system, such as the damage increase proportional to the mastery level and the fact that you don't have to go through class world to complete the weapon skill set (I still prefer class world in inheriting magic to the master/pupil system).

I do like the idea of increasing the character limit in battles beyond the standard 10. The complement to this change should be an increase in the complexity of the battle stages.

I liked the Master Weapon system much more than the Disgaea 3 weapon system. Stated earlier, Disgaea 3 weapon system is much more efficient and faster than the previous system but that's exactly the problem. It's too efficient. You can level a character to max, acquire the best skills and evilties, have stats nearly rivaling your best characters and it only took a short amount of time. Where's the love? Where's the dedication? You can create an army of ideal soldiers without knowing a single name. I also really liked the lovers innocence from Disgaea 2.

As for raising the character limit for an individual battle, I'm kinda leaning against that. For 95% of the fights, I never went past the use of 4 characters. 15 would seem a bit overkill in my mind
Don't fear death, haven't you heard? The grass is greener on the other side.

MIRACLEfool
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MIRACLEfool » Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Grim-Thanatos wrote:15 would seem a bit overkill in my mind

Not unless they decided to create extremely large battlefields with "HOLY SH*T!!" Amount of enemies against you, other than that then yeah 15 would be overkill
Your organs.. I wants.

Return to “Disgaea Series”