Favorite Game

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Disgaea 1
26%
Disgaea 2
15%
Makai Kingdom
3%
Phantom Brave
5%
Disgaea 3
10%
Disgaea 4
41%

Total votes: 39

Lord Starfish
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Favorite Game

Postby Lord Starfish » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 am

Ghaleon wrote:But the jump between finish the story and enjoy post game was BLOODY EFFING HUGE compared to 1 with its easy prinny chapter, human chapter, and gradual cave of ordeals map. in 2, I felt like I went straight from killing the level 80 boss (or whatever it was) to needing to be level 1000.

Uh, there was tons of content to ease the transition into those lv1000 enemies. I mean, the Dark World alone started out with enemies at lv80, and didn't give any enemies at lv1000 before like the DW-equivalents of the stages for the final episode... And there were just as many DW-maps as there are story-ones. (Well, minus one. There's no Dark World-equivalent of the Zenon-fight. And I do admit that the very method of unlocking the Dark World, let alone unlocking each stage within it, was pretty much impossible to figure out without a guide.) And then there's the fight against Asagi, the Defender of Earth side-story, the Cave of Ordeals again... I really don't see the problem here. If the gap had truly been so enormous as you claim it is, I doubt I'd have even bothered with the post-game at all.

Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I thought D1 and D2 had WAY more post game and it was ridiculously easy to level.

YUKIMARU!!!!!! FTW! :D

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Ghaleon wrote:2 is the least popular in general I thought, but so many posters here liked it alot.. word.

Seems more like 3 is from what I can tell.

Alboreo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Alboreo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Disgaea 4 and Phantom Brave are both amazing, but I voted for Phantom Brave to show it some love. ;D

coco.nut
Vassal
Vassal

Postby coco.nut » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:50 am

I voted for 4. I love them all, but I'm currently in a Disgaea-4-hype XD I have so much fun with this game. The gameplay is perfect and I really love the new features. I like all the characters as well. And Valvatorez is a great main character. SARDINES! :lol:

But really, I did love them all. Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom too, but Phantom Brave was way too sad. I cried a lot :lol: but great game.
There are only two things in this entire world that I fear! Small sardine bones that get stuck in my gums... and breaking promises!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 pm

So far, it's definitely 4. But, I will hold out till I actually beat the main story.

3 was my favorite till now, but this game just keeps on pushing the bill and getting better and better, and Fuka is waaay too awesome (my Fuka is Pretty much a WMD right now. Crazy Attack. Great Defense. Great HP. Decent Hit. And with that move she learns, she now has a huge hitting move!) in her story, and Desco is so very adorable. Fuka is at times too. Emizel's growth is great to watch. Val's amazing as a main character. Fenrich I liked at the beginning, then I started not liking him, then I grew to like him a lot ~ Vulcanus is great so far as well ~

But, Fuka and Desco <3 I CANNOT wait for the Scenario DLC to be released ~ ~ ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ninja_man_64
Vassal
Vassal

Postby ninja_man_64 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:13 am

the first Disgaea game I played was D2 and it had the best story by far. The ending was so good.

TrueNeptune
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby TrueNeptune » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 am

Disgaea 2! I just really liked the story and characters. If the next disgaea game were to reuse a previous disgaea's main characters as its own main characters, then i would hope it would be disgaea 2's. (although Laharl and his gang would make more sense and would deserve it more lol)

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am

TrueNeptune wrote:Disgaea 2! I just really liked the story and characters. If the next disgaea game were to reuse a previous disgaea's main characters as its own main characters, then i would hope it would be disgaea 2's. (although Laharl and his gang would make more sense and would deserve it more lol)

Laharl doesn't even deserve cameos but he gets them.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

TrueNeptune
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby TrueNeptune » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

dood wrote:
TrueNeptune wrote:Disgaea 2! I just really liked the story and characters. If the next disgaea game were to reuse a previous disgaea's main characters as its own main characters, then i would hope it would be disgaea 2's. (although Laharl and his gang would make more sense and would deserve it more lol)

I'm not so sure. Laharl started disgaea and his game is the oldest and least-advanced. So i'd say him, etna, and flonne would be more deserving of a new game than any of the other main characters. although, i think a new game for adell would be cooler, but like i said he doesnt really deserve it as much as Laharl. Disgaea 2 was more advanced than 1 by a good bit.

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm

TrueNeptune wrote:
dood wrote:

I'm not so sure. Laharl started disgaea and his game is the oldest and least-advanced. So i'd say him, etna, and flonne would be more deserving of a new game than any of the other main characters. although, i think a new game for adell would be cooler, but like i said he doesnt really deserve it as much as Laharl. Disgaea 2 was more advanced than 1 by a good bit.

Hmm I disagree. Laharl and co. get a cameo every fucking game but it's not worth it in my opinion. The trio annoys me incredibly. I would rather get other characters from other games to be honest.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:50 pm

So as every other main character from Disgaea sure as DLC but still.
ImageImageImage

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

I don't get it. If people love the trio so much then why doesn't NIS just make them DLC? I am sure that they would make more money since people seem to like the trio.
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

RozalinLover
Majin
Majin

Postby RozalinLover » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:19 pm

dood wrote:I don't get it. If people love the trio so much then why doesn't NIS just make them DLC?

I think the trio are so loved by many that they HAVE to be included in the game (as post characters). Also, why would anyone put a price on original characters from the 1st of it's game? :geek:

Also my vote went to D2. :mrgreen:
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Feel free to add me on Steam

dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby dood » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

RozalinLover wrote:
dood wrote:I don't get it. If people love the trio so much then why doesn't NIS just make them DLC?

I think the trio are so loved by many that they HAVE to be included in the game (as post characters). Also, why would anyone put a price on original characters from the 1st of it's game? :geek:

Also my vote went to D2. :mrgreen:

Well in that case why would they put a price on any of the original characters from any game?
BA☆KU☆HA☆TSU

Return to “Disgaea Series”