Yet another thread about the DLC not working

The Official Disgaea 2 Discussion Board.
rozy
Vassal
Vassal

Yet another thread about the DLC not working

Postby rozy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:10 am

Basically, I own Disgaea 2 on my Vita, however once I got D4R I deleted it and didn't play it for a few weeks, but now I had the urge to go back to it. Problem is that I get the classic "DL content cannot be utilized" error message when I attempt to continue on my old save file and sure enough, they're all gone. This is weird because I've literally tried to install them twice with the same result, and starting a new game doesn't help either as the "Summoning Experiments" chapter does not show up.
The save file is dated at the 11th of September this year, and I own every character except Ash and Marona (sorry, Phantom Brave fans). As you might expect, this entire situation is horrid and I wish to find a fix through any means necessary, does anyone here have any ideas?
Spoiler:
also Rozalin is my waifu

dystania
Peon
Peon

Re: Yet another thread about the DLC not working

Postby dystania » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:28 am

Hi, I'm having this problem too. I e-mailed support and they responded initially but I haven't heard back since. I was playing it fine before so I think it only stopped working 2 updates ago to the System Software. Hope they fix it soon.

I tried deleting and re-installing. Formatting the system. Each time re-installing the DLC from the PS3.

rozy
Vassal
Vassal

Postby rozy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 am

dystania wrote:Hi, I'm having this problem too. I e-mailed support and they responded initially but I haven't heard back since. I was playing it fine before so I think it only stopped working 2 updates ago to the System Software. Hope they fix it soon.

I tried deleting and re-installing. Formatting the system. Each time re-installing the DLC from the PS3.

Ah, good, so it's not my fault.
Hope they fix this soon.

Freely-Tomorrow
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Freely-Tomorrow » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 am

I just created an account to reaffirm that there is indeed an error with the DLC - I tried to troubleshoot in various ways, but to no avail.

I hope the bug is fixed - Pram is my main and I refuse to play the game without her.
:(

enneacross
Peon
Peon

Postby enneacross » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm

I have the same problem - I emailed support and got this reply:

"We did some research and it seems that you will need to download the DLC to
your PSP first (assuming you have one) then transfer it to your Vita.

This is a known issue on the SONY side and, unfortunately, is something that
we do not have control over."

This didn't help (how do you "download the DLC to your PSP first (assuming you have one) then transfer it to your Vita"?) - I'm waiting for a further response.

Does the DLC still work for anyone?

dystania
Peon
Peon

Postby dystania » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Mine isn't working since a few updates ago. I tried copying over the files from my PSP to my Vita into a few different places but I couldn't get it to work. I also tried loading it from my PS3 again after a fresh download of the DLC, the copy from my PSP was freshly downloaded as well, but still didn't have any luck. I kept the same naming format of the folder and tried the game folder and the save folder with no luck in either. I'm hoping someone gets it to work and shares how.

TeamLinux01
Peon
Peon

Postby TeamLinux01 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:28 pm

I am having the same problem. I just purchased a PS Vita 2000 and when I downloaded the game and then transferred the DLC from my PS3, it comes up with the error of not being able to load DLC 00 through 06. I do not have the problem on my PSP Go, but I was hoping to play the game on the Vita and the PS TV in the future.

Chamaeleonx
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chamaeleonx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Cant you download the DLC from the PSN, transfer it and then transfer the game?
Im not sure how it works on the PSP Versions of Disgaea 1 and 2 :/.

Otherwise, if you want to use Pram, she should be in Disgaea 3 and 4 too. Because somebody said she is her main.
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Warrior: Time to bust some Balls! :>

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Write me a PM if you have questions, im online daily.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Magic User Guide for easy LoC Stat Farming: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13494

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Fri May 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Just wanted to say this is happening to me too. All of a sudden all my psp games got deleted except loco roco for some reason on my vita. When I download them back and started up D2 I got that error too. I would really like to know how to fix this.
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

Freely-Tomorrow
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Freely-Tomorrow » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Welp - it's never going to be fixed, is it?
How unfortunate. :cry:

Time to delete the game and move on to Disgaea 4, I suppose.

Return to “Disgaea 2 (PS2, PSP)”