So what's with the DLCs?

The Official Disgaea 2 Discussion Board.
Quonar
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

So what's with the DLCs?

Postby Quonar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 am

What is the problem with them?
I bought and downloaded the Pram the Oracle 1 or 2 days before they got taken down from PSN, but am unsure if I can or should use her in my battles. I've read on various forums all kinds of rumors. Including that it can corrupt savegame data. So far I haven't ever seen information that seems 'valid' and confirmed to me, so I figured why not ask at the source now that I'm a member of this forum ;)

Also, when the 'fixed' DLCs will be available, will I have to redownload Pram the Oracle again, will it be free... what's the information available on this? This once again on many forums has been speculated in the worst possible scenarios.

Anyone who could help me with this would be greatly appreciated.

KlayBuddy
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: So what's with the DLCs?

Postby KlayBuddy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 am

I think this is how it works:

After NISA puts back up their DLC, you can e-mail them your transaction (or if it's a similar case with Disgaea 3, just e-mail them your name, PSN ID, and the e-mail that you used to sign up for PSN) from before and they'll give you a coupon to download the character again without having to purchase it.

As for the glitchy DLC, it will not erase your save file. It's pretty amusing in a way, but the bugs are usually found in their voices, spell animations, Ash's portrait (is replaced with a Lady Fighter), wrong spell targetting system, etc. You can experiment around with them, but they will not crash your game in any way. People who usually use them either use CWCheat to obtain them or through other methods.
I am training in the shadows.
Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Prinny
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Prinny » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 am

The only issue I found aside from the ones above, were that other characters' voices were getting weird on me as well. My beast tamers started squeaking and stuff too. *shrug* I can't even begin to explain why on that one...
Solice: they should pay for my incompetence!
Kana: i didn't get this lazy just by sitting around and doing nothing!!!
Solice: "Uhh. Crotch in before 3pm. It's gonna be a good day!"

kingruler9999
Majin
Majin

Postby kingruler9999 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:34 pm

I sure hope the dlc comes back out in a few days I really want Sapphire and Almaz so I can complete my disgaea 3 character team
Disgaea Kunoichi Fanatic

laharl-ab194
Vassal
Vassal

Postby laharl-ab194 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Sorry if i sound like an ignorant but i dont quite understand what dlc is, can someone explain me what is it for and how to obtain it?

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:41 pm

DLC is downloadable content you buy off the Playstation store. In Disgaea 2's case, you buy extra characters to add into the game, like Ash or Sapphire.

As for what was said above, like most said, the DLC was glitched, but I never heard of corrupted save data and the like. It's mostly sound problems, wrong AoE for attacks, Sapphire's final attack heals instead of hurt, Ash's portrait is messed up, and some spells seem to have the wrong description. But nothing would break the game.

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Taiga wrote:DLC is downloadable content you buy off the Playstation store. In Disgaea 2's case, you buy extra characters to add into the game, like Ash or Sapphire.

As for what was said above, like most said, the DLC was glitched, but I never heard of corrupted save data and the like. It's mostly sound problems, wrong AoE for attacks, Sapphire's final attack heals instead of hurt, Ash's portrait is messed up, and some spells seem to have the wrong description. But nothing would break the game.

Yeah, pretty much this.

LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby LastFootnote » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 am

Well, I really hope that whatever technical issues there were can be surmounted. I know there's been a lot of uproar in the fan community, not only because the released DLC was buggy, but because the final three DLC characters, Dark Eclair, Gig, and Miabel, may not be released at all.

I like to support NISA, but I'm only going to buy the DLC for this game if and when all ten characters are released (and bug-free). Disgaea 3's DLC woes have made me wary.

laharl-ab194
Vassal
Vassal

Postby laharl-ab194 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks but is it going to get fixed?, well if it doesn't ruin my game is not a big deal but still it would be awesome if it was repaired

Judgment8
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Judgment8 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:00 am

laharl-ab194 wrote:Thanks but is it going to get fixed?, well if it doesn't ruin my game is not a big deal but still it would be awesome if it was repaired

... NISA is fixing them right now. They will tell when the DLCs will be back on PSN.

chris
Peon
Peon

Postby chris » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 pm

I feel like i was cheated out of 15$ and the next day the boards found out the problem with them and now when they bring them out yet again i hope that i need to pay for something that i have already got u know. :/
Ya i seem like another dude that's complaining for no reason but hear me out if u guys can, i know that its both PSN and nis fault but i forgive them if this time they take their time and work on it so hundreds of fans can enjoy this game to its fullest. :)

LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby LastFootnote » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:31 am

I wouldn't say you're complaining for 'no reason'. Buggy content, especially when it's paid content, is a very legitimate reason to complain.

laharl-ab194
Vassal
Vassal

Postby laharl-ab194 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 pm

oh i see thanks

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:51 pm

I was wondering what Happened to the dark hero days DLC, Ive been so busy with college I was just able to pick D2 back up a few days ago since my Winter Break started, I checked the playstation store & it was nowhere to be found..well hope NISA gets it back up soon!
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

sorayai
Vassal
Vassal
Location: somewhere, anywhere, playing Disgaea 2 Dark Hero Days!

Postby sorayai » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:45 pm

I know that the DLC isnt up yet, but if i start a game and then buy DLC later.. will it work in my game? it wont mess anything up right?

thanks for the help :)

Return to “Disgaea 2 (PS2, PSP)”