Late to the party! New start!

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Vharaha
New Vassal
New Vassal

Late to the party! New start!

Postby Vharaha » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:48 am

Hey there everyone, I'm the latest person to stumble across these games and be instantly smitten by their charm and flair. The music is grand, the artwork glorious and the gameplay I can't comment on because I've yet to try it, but this is where I fix that!

I'm certainly going to put my mind to trying to do all the Arland stories, but the question is where to start? I've asked around a little and the general idea seems to be this...

Rorona: Brilliant Characters but trickier gameplay.

Totori: Great Story, best all rounder.

Meruru: Best Gameplay.

I'm biased towards Totori myself (And wondering if that Vita version will come out/be DLC for the PS3) since that's the first one I encountered, I'm thinking of going from Totori -> Mereru then round back to do Rorona. Would that work or should I try and do them in order? Either way, thanks in advance for looking this over!

Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Late to the party! New start!

Postby Emerald Emblem » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 pm

If you're going to start with the Arland trilogy, you must start from the beginning. Simple as that. They are linked and flow into each other, so it's highly advisable. Otherwise if you don't care you can't go wrong with Totori.

Vharaha
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Vharaha » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:33 am

I decided to start from the very beginning of the Arland story and It's been a blast! I'm up to year three now in Atelier Rorona and I've been loving it. Thanks again for the advice and thanks again for the welcome!

Purple Heart
Majin
Majin

Postby Purple Heart » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Been wanting to play this series bit can't seem to find the original in any store. May pass on it or try finding it on amazon.

KarisSelmon7891
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KarisSelmon7891 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Purple Heart wrote:Been wanting to play this series bit can't seem to find the original in any store. May pass on it or try finding it on amazon.

Well, I hope you get them, since they looked liked the games been restocked on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Atelier-Rorona-Al ... ds=atelier
Right now, looks like the prices won't stay like that for long, so you might wanna make up your mind soon.

Return to “Atelier Series”