Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Curious if this next Atelier title will be available to pre order sometime down the line. I hope there is one, but I suppose we will have to wait. As long as it is not Digital Download(the most vile concept in gaming existence), all will be good. So anyone think it will be available for pre order on the NISA store?
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:40 pm

No. Tecmo Koei's doing it. Where have you been this whole time?

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Where have I been? Um...I dunno? That makes me more curious now. If Tecmo Koei is doing it, why did I not see it on the TK US site(probably not up yet, or not happening at all?)? And why did the Prinny Bomb mention it, unless NISA has some minor influence with it? So, pre orders will be available on TK's site sometime soon I take it?

Sorry if I am asking such stupid questions. :cry:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 am

Prinny Overlord wrote:Where have I been? Um...I dunno? That makes me more curious now. If Tecmo Koei is doing it, why did I not see it on the TK US site(probably not up yet, or not happening at all?)? And why did the Prinny Bomb mention it, unless NISA has some minor influence with it? So, pre orders will be available on TK's site sometime soon I take it?

Sorry if I am asking such stupid questions. :cry:

Nah, it's just....there's a big thread in General Chat that has been ablaze over the news for days now. I just find it odd that you missed it.

I'm not even sure if there will be preorders for it. TK doesn't seem to give many fucks about this game. I'd suggest you email them about it?

Ducky
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Ducky » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 am

I pre-ordered it at EB today...

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 am

Ducky wrote:I pre-ordered it at EB today...

Only a standard version I take it?

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

There is no Limited Edition. Only half-dub, no JP track, TK is trying to kill the franchise in the West, regular edition.

Stepperer
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Stepperer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 am

Only half-dub, no JP track, TK is trying to kill the franchise in the West, regular edition.

WAT?!

https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/sta ... 7754237953

NEED IMPORT. NOW.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 am

Esper wrote:There is no Limited Edition. Only half-dub, no JP track, TK is trying to kill the franchise in the West, regular edition.

If they were trying to kill they could make it much worse, so I'm pretty sure it's not deliberately trying to get rid of it.
Besides, they have a history of releasing the original Japanese voice track as free DLC, so there's always that possibility.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 am

This will be the only atelier game that I'd never buy.
I hope it will send a message to TK that not including JP track is a BIG mistake for atelier fans.
Spoiler:

MacEngine
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MacEngine » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Apparently, NIS America is not making a webpage for this game. I mean...darn..I want to hear the English voices.

Regardless, I already pre-ordered it at EBgames, and guys, just like somebody said, the Atelier games are not like COD or sports games which you can get from stores whenever you like. So pre-order it now to avoid shipping from amazon with $80.

Just another note, we will have english voice actors, right? I don't like English subtitles with Japanese voices.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:49 pm

MacEngine wrote:Apparently, NIS America is not making a webpage for this game. I mean...darn..I want to hear the English voices.

That's because they're not publishing it, so it's not place to make a website about it.
MacEngine wrote:Just another note, we will have english voice actors, right? I don't like English subtitles with Japanese voices.

Yup, it's got English voice acting for stuff, just not everything, and there's no Japanese voice track on it, hence why everyone's been exploding about it.

MacEngine
Vassal
Vassal

Postby MacEngine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm

lol, now I'm a bit confused, Nis America is not publishing it? Cuz I was checking with wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atelier_Ay ... light_Land

So is there an official website?

And it's "half-dubbed" in English, like I read from somewhere else.

Last thing...call me curious, but why do so many people like to play with English subs & Japanese voices? I would always play with a language that I can understand and I gotta say, I'm quite satisfied with all the English voice actors.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:35 am

MacEngine wrote:Last thing...call me curious, but why do so many people like to play with English subs & Japanese voices? I would always play with a language that I can understand and I gotta say, I'm quite satisfied with all the English voice actors.

You do not want to go down that particular rabbit hole, believe me.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:31 am

Honestly, I think it really varies depending on the person. Some people, for example, seem to be of the opinion that everything Japanese in a game is perfect and beautiful and pure, and anything English (up to, and including, just translating the text as directly as possible) can only ruin the game. In my experience, the people who go down this route tend to be the most insistent that all changes, no matter what they are, are bad ones. Because any changes to the game cannot possibly make it better in any shape or fashion. Because the Japanese version is better. Always.

Related to this is the idea that voices represent the characters, and naturally, the Japanese voices represent the characters better. Because, again, it can never be as good in English. Ever. Though, the fact that they're often exposed to the Japanese voices *first* may have something to do with their opinions being colored... o.O

Of course, some people just like listening to the language. Maybe they've watched a lot of anime and are familiar with a lot of phrases, so they can sorta understand the talking anyway, or maybe they're even using it as a language building device (I heard X, it means Y, I'll try to remember that). These people, in my experience, tend to be a little more relaxed about not having them and won't totally freak out if they're removed, though they'd still prefer to keep them in. It's not so much an emotional attachment to Japanese-ness or the "purity" of the game as it is a simple personal preference/interest.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Return to “Atelier Series”