Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Henduluin
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Atelier Ayesha Pre Order?

Postby Henduluin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:28 am

FPS is actually less than ideal. While not a slideshow, the game definitely can't manage a constant 30fps in towns, which is a crying shame because everything looks gorgeous. Guess that's what you get on 10 year old hardware...

Anyway, played about an hour so far. Can't say much about gameplay yet, but from the bits and pieces I've seen it's more of the same, just polished even further.
Voice acting is a mixed bag. The male characters so far are fine, while the girls are very hit-and-miss. Ayesha sounds fine whenever she is her "serious" mode and uses a slightly deeper (ie: more realistic) voice, but is rather hard to stand when she goes all genki. Regina I don't really have problems with, but can't say much about the others yet as I haven't heard enough. Still, the dub is plagued by the same old "we record all dialogue seperately, so everything sounds forced and unnatural" nonsense that pretty much all English dubs suffer from. Tolerable enough to leave it on, but I've heard better... *looks at Lost Odyssey*

Ironically enough, the opening lists all the original Japanese voice actors instead of the English ones. Can't help but feel a little insulted by that :p

(Also: Dat Regina tummy)

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Henduluin wrote:Ironically enough, the opening lists all the original Japanese voice actors instead of the English ones. Can't help but feel a little insulted by that :p

Where exactly? As I read that multiple times and can't find any proof of it. Which is confusing.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:00 pm

ShadowJetX wrote:
suttonmitchell wrote:Great news on the game dude. Was there an install required or was it playable at the start?

It requires an PS3 firmware update that's on the game disc which takes about 5 or so minutes and then it installs the game which is another 5 or so minutes. Kind of a bummer, but its utterly worth it.

Was your PS3 outdated by any chance, since I never had to install a firmware update to any game.

Also for ppl, who want to see the Pre-order Theme
http://i48.tinypic.com/2s7dklt.jpg

Henduluin
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Henduluin » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Where exactly? As I read that multiple times and can't find any proof of it. Which is confusing.

It's not the intro that you get when you boot up the game, but the one 10-15 minutes into the game proper.

*edit*

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZka8KH8ts
1:10 onwards

Looks like they simply couldn't be bothered with editing out the original text. Guess it would've cost too much.

Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Too bad that theme isn't available for purchase, I think it looks really great.

Oh well, I will be using the free One Piece one next week for trying the demo. :lol:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Henduluin wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Where exactly? As I read that multiple times and can't find any proof of it. Which is confusing.

It's not the intro that you get when you boot up the game, but the one 10-15 minutes into the game proper.

*edit*

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZka8KH8ts
1:10 onwards

Looks like they simply couldn't be bothered with editing out the original text. Guess it would've cost too much.

Yeah, looking at that, attempting to redo the text on that would not be an easy task, especially if you didn't have a WIP version of when those credits were being inserted. The developer credits would've been much easier to change due to the fact they're not stylised at all, but they weren't the ones that needed it.
Plus, that's if the English VAs are credited at all, and just removing it outright would be a complete waste if they aren't.

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 pm

suttonmitchell wrote:Too bad that theme isn't available for purchase, I think it looks really great.

Oh well, I will be using the free One Piece one next week for trying the demo. :lol:

I have actually ask Tecmo Koei about, if there any plans to releasing it for public in the future and no answer.

I though about getting the Digital Edition of Atelier Ayesha for that Theme, but end up pre-ordering it ad GAME.co.uk (Haven't even shipped yet and Shopto.net ppl already have their copies) for the Artbook.

Note: Is also gonna try One Piece: PW2 demo to get the theme, but ain't gonna replace my HDN Victory Theme.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 pm

artemisthemp wrote:
suttonmitchell wrote:Too bad that theme isn't available for purchase, I think it looks really great.

I have actually ask Tecmo Koei about, if there any plans to releasing it for public in the future and no answer.

Yeah, that indeed looks pretty neat.
Makes me want it now, it's just a nicely put together one (and has a dark background, which means it's doesn't make everything unreadable).

HiiragiKappei
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby HiiragiKappei » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am

After 1 minute in game I finally understood why this game isn't get a full 5 stars in PSN rating. I was hoping Koei wont bother dubbing this game because some of their releases aren't dub. Seriously what year is it? Look at FF , or even PS2 game like Dragon Quest VIII have top-notch VA. meh any way, I hear worst and Voice actors are expensive any way. I don't see Hagel yet, let hope they didn't done anything to his manly voice or better not appear in this game at all...My all time favorite bald blacksmith.
So far I like the setting and the art. But there are so many unnecessary long speaking lines to the point it make the conversation sound so unnatural. For example, at the very beginning she go all the way said how she feel embarrassing whenever whoever it is call her cute and I'm pretty sure the Japanese only say this"kawaii?tere desu ne"... :shock:

Any way, some people may feel disappoint. But if you can ignore some issues here and there, mute the voices and the game is pretty enjoyable. And for those who didn't get the theme. Yes it look good and no you didn't miss anything. White texts can be camouflaged by the BG very easy.

Phew! I think I done with my ranting, back to the game :D
I'm floatin....~

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 am

HiiragiKappei wrote: For example, at the very beginning she go all the way said how she feel embarrassing whenever whoever it is call her cute and I'm pretty sure the Japanese only say this"kawaii?tere desu ne"... :shock:

Yeah, but precisely because we don't have an equivalent translation of this is why it has to be so long-winded.
I recall something about Reccetear where they added tons of dialogue to a character in order to get the same impression of their character that the structure and word choice gave in Japanese.
This is what localisation is for.

Bowman
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Bowman » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 am

I pre-orded from Amazon with free shipping and received the game yesterday :) Anyone else get it day after release? :)

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 am

Bowman wrote:I pre-orded from Amazon with free shipping and received the game yesterday :) Anyone else get it day after release? :)

I suddenly remember why I hate GAME - Order Status - Unshipped.

So even though the release date is today and it take 3-5 days to arrive by Mail, did GAME not bother shipping it early.

Note: Shopto.net ppl got theirs Wednesday

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Did this actually have a bonus of any kind for preordering?
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm

greenzsaber wrote:Did this actually have a bonus of any kind for preordering?

A poster in this thread had a link stating that a store in the UK had art books for a pre-order bonus.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby artemisthemp » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:55 am

shymel94 wrote:
greenzsaber wrote:Did this actually have a bonus of any kind for preordering?

A poster in this thread had a link stating that a store in the UK had art books for a pre-order bonus.

Yes, but GAME really is bad... Still not shipped Pre-order Atelier Ayesha

Return to “Atelier Series”