Another game after MK2??

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
pn140
Vassal
Vassal

Another game after MK2??

Postby pn140 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:41 pm

As far as I know A-Rorona isn't in the Atelier Iris series (or MK), but rather Atelier Annie on NDS, you finish up projects, and save the workshop, there's no boss fight. I know there is a lot of people enjoy this game, but I'm really hoping for another sequel of MK (with boss fight, stories, etc.)
Do you think there's another game like this (such as Ar Tonelico) coming out soon?? Or they're over with MK series.
P/S: i really want to try Tri-Universe and Cross Edge, but I never played Disgaea series b4, so I'm afraid I won't understand the characters.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Another game after MK2??

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

Mana Khemia, Atelier Iris, Rorona, Violet, Elie, Marie, Judie, Totori, and so on are all part of the Atelier series. Atelier Annie is more like a spin-off or a side-story game as well as any of the other games on handheld systems. But Atelier games are seperated by like for instance Rorona/Totori/Meruru are in the Alchemist of Arland series of Atelier.

Atelier Rorona was more closer to a traditional Atelier game kind of like Annie, but just being part of the main Atelier series.

Gust did make other games besides Atelier and Ar tonelico a long time ago on PS1.

pn140
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pn140 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:Mana Khemia, Atelier Iris, Rorona, Violet, Elie, Marie, Judie, Totori, and so on are all part of the Atelier series. Atelier Annie is more like a spin-off or a side-story game as well as any of the other games on handheld systems. But Atelier games are seperated by like for instance Rorona/Totori/Meruru are in the Alchemist of Arland series of Atelier.

Atelier Rorona was more closer to a traditional Atelier game kind of like Annie, but just being part of the main Atelier series.

Gust did make other games besides Atelier and Ar tonelico a long time ago on PS1.

so it'll be a while until the another series with boss fight and "saving the world" story line come out ? =(

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 pm

pn140 wrote:so it'll be a while until the another series with boss fight and "saving the world" story line come out ? =(

Well still a possibility a Mana Khemia 3 could still happen. Plus while Ar tonelico has ended, they could still probably do something with the series so that they could release another game. Or Gust could make up a whole new series.

So basically it all depends on Gust and what they want to release next. For now though, maybe this Meruru is to finish off the Arland part of the Atelier series before working on something else.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:
pn140 wrote:so it'll be a while until the another series with boss fight and "saving the world" story line come out ? =(

Well still a possibility a Mana Khemia 3 could still happen. Plus while Ar tonelico has ended, they could still probably do something with the series so that they could release another game. Or Gust could make up a whole new series.

So basically it all depends on Gust and what they want to release next. For now though, maybe this Meruru is to finish off the Arland part of the Atelier series before working on something else.

That's the most likely possibility.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

pn140
Vassal
Vassal

Postby pn140 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 am

I just watch a youtube vid of Totori boss fight, hope it's not an optional boss (like one in the whole game),
I really hope the story won't be much related since I never finish Rorona, got bored after finish year 2.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

pn140 wrote:I just watch a youtube vid of Totori boss fight, hope it's not an optional boss (like one in the whole game),
I really hope the story won't be much related since I never finish Rorona, got bored after finish year 2.

Totori may not be for you. It does improve the combat by quite a bit, but it still has nothing to do with saving the world.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Sawa
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sawa » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:08 am

pn140 wrote:I just watch a youtube vid of Totori boss fight, hope it's not an optional boss (like one in the whole game),

Yea i would say Totori is not going to be for you getting bored with Rorona is not a good sighn because upgrades that it will bring is not going to change the whole game.
Patiently waiting~

Return to “Atelier Series”