Game-breaking bugs in MK 1 and 2?

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Game-breaking bugs in MK 1 and 2?

Postby LAMV » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:43 pm

So I hear that Mana Khemia 1 and 2 both have glitches that break the game... similar to the glitch in Ar Tonelico 2? So, what are they? How do I avoid them? Is there a fix for the glitches if I were to play them on the ps2 emulator (like how the emulator has a fix for the bug in AT2)?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Game-breaking bugs in MK 1 and 2?

Postby vampko » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 pm

I haven't heard of these. Just a whole lot of save data corruption if you use a PS3 to play.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Tiredman
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tiredman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm

First time hearing it here to, and I played through part 1 three or four times.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Hm, must be for the japanese version then. I thought I had heard there were glitches, though.

SakiChan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby SakiChan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Well if it was for the PSP Port of MK1 the only..'bugs' I encountered where 2 small freezes but nothing game breaking.
3DS Friend Code : 1418-8072-8210 (Saki)

Sawa
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sawa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Never heard of this :?
Patiently waiting~

Mana_Trinity
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Mana_Trinity » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:44 pm

There is a freeze part in Mana Khemia 1 when you have critical hits for all characters for every single attack. So when you use support characters to attack and use big special skills that causes the controller to shake a lot, the game will freeze sometimes but its not that common.

And for Mana Khemia 2, there is no freezing or any sort of bug at all that I know of (beat Mana Khemia 2 with all endings unlock and didn't have any problems with the game).

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:15 am

There are some gamebreaking bugs in both games, actually:

In MK1 (PS2), you have a chance of the game crashing on you when you battle with the random enemies in the bonus dungeon. All of the floors have different crashing rates, but once you get to floor 47, from that point on you better avoid all the enemies (excepting bosses) or run if any catches you. If you try using any commands beyond running or Muppy's Change skill, the game will freeze.

As for MK2, the first bug comes from a bounty monster called Spaceship, only found in Ulrika's story. Luckily, this bounty can be simply bypassed, unless you want to try your luck at beating the monster before it freezes your game. As for the second bug, it only happens if you read the Job Board while having Ulrika as your on-screen character in the Extra story. This is simply avoided by making Raze your on-screen character.

All of these bugs crash up the games, but luckily all of them have relatively simple ways of being bypassed.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:06 am

aquagon wrote:There are some gamebreaking bugs in both games, actually:

In MK1 (PS2), you have a chance of the game crashing on you when you battle with the random enemies in the bonus dungeon. All of the floors have different crashing rates, but once you get to floor 47, from that point on you better avoid all the enemies (excepting bosses) or run if any catches you. If you try using any commands beyond running or Muppy's Change skill, the game will freeze.

As for MK2, the first bug comes from a bounty monster called Spaceship, only found in Ulrika's story. Luckily, this bounty can be simply bypassed, unless you want to try your luck at beating the monster before it freezes your game. As for the second bug, it only happens if you read the Job Board while having Ulrika as your on-screen character in the Extra story. This is simply avoided by making Raze your on-screen character.

All of these bugs crash up the games, but luckily all of them have relatively simple ways of being bypassed.

I see. Thank you.

Return to “Atelier Series”