Atelier Elkrone ~Dear for Otomate~

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
machinemaiden
Geo Master
Geo Master

Atelier Elkrone ~Dear for Otomate~

Postby machinemaiden » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes, yes and more yes!!!! There is going to be an otome from the Atelier series!!! I'm not sure what system it will be for.

Official name: エルクローネのアトリエ Dear for OTOMATE
The official site is here: http://www.otomate.jp/elkrone/

More info here:http://gamernews.hp2.jp/?p=2865
also http://toroizon.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-55.html someone tell me what it says! :lol:

Now~ NIS America you better localize this when it comes out!!! :twisted:
Last edited by machinemaiden on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Atelier Elkrone ~Dear for Otomate~

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 pm

It's for the PSP...so...good luck.

Also, this is an IF/GUST game.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

machinemaiden
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby machinemaiden » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 pm

vampko wrote:It's for the PSP...so...good luck.

Exactly what do you mean by that?

So it's for PSP, NIS America has done other PSP games. So it's an IF/GUST one, NIS America is obviously don't other GUST games seeing as Atelier Rorona and Totori are being localized. NIS America has also done Spectral Souls which is an Idea Factory game so I don't see how they couldn't cooperate with both companys.
ImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:50 pm

machinemaiden wrote:
vampko wrote:It's for the PSP...so...good luck.

Exactly what do you mean by that?

So it's for PSP, NIS America has done other PSP games. So it's an IF/GUST one, NIS America is obviously don't other GUST games seeing as Atelier Rorona and Totori are being localized. NIS America has also done Spectral Souls which is an Idea Factory game so I don't see how they couldn't cooperate with both companys.

The PSP is something they are very wary of right now. Possibly with the Vita this might be plausible. And it's still possible regardless. but, there have been several GUST PSP games which have been completely skipped over.

That last thing I did was just to signal that this isn't a GUST only title. Nothing else was meant by it.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

machinemaiden
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby machinemaiden » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 pm

vampko wrote:The PSP is something they are very wary of right now.

Wait, who's wary of the PSP right now cause NIS America is publishing Clandun and that's for PSP and they even did Phantom Brave in March.

vampko wrote:there have been several GUST PSP games which have been completely skipped over.

and hence why I'm bringing this to light early so it can gain attention and hopefully localization. With Atelier Rorona and Totori having been localized maybe they'll do more now. Also with Aksys making an announcement in July about maybe localizing some otome games then maybe this will give encouragement to other company's. ;)

Also you sure it's on the PSP cause this site seems to think PS3 from google translate.
ImageImage

SakiChan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby SakiChan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:19 am

I really,really hope NISA will localize this!
Alas the official website isn't working for now hrm...
3DS Friend Code : 1418-8072-8210 (Saki)

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:26 am

Well...I don't play otome games, but this would be one Otome game I would play. If GUST does it, I really can't see how it could go wrong.
Spoiler:

Quillbell
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Quillbell » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:33 am

vampko wrote:Well...I don't play otome games, but this would be one Otome game I would play. If GUST does it, I really can't see how it could go wrong.

:lol: And thus vampko's fanboy instincts can be used for good instead of evil.

machinemaiden
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby machinemaiden » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 am

vampko wrote:Well...I don't play otome games, but this would be one Otome game I would play. If GUST does it, I really can't see how it could go wrong.

Part of my thoughts to. Visual Novels/Otome's are kinda bland in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love Otome games but I like them more when they have other things to do in them then just read text.

An Atelier game with more romance/relationship system in it would be a totally awesome-possum idea I think. Imagine running the store with your beau~~ X3
ImageImage

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:25 am

machinemaiden wrote:

Part of my thoughts to. Visual Novels/Otome's are kinda bland in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love Otome games but I like them more when they have other things to do in them then just read text.

An Atelier game with more romance/relationship system in it would be a totally awesome-possum idea I think. Imagine running the store with your beau~~ X3

I see...you took my statement very wrong. My support is literally only gotten because of the involvement of GUST. I'm not that into the idea of otome games in general. I think I tried out one for a bit, and it was incredibly boring.

Atelier games are close to Otome games in nature, that is quite true. But they aren't full-on otome games for a reason. Because they don't want to ditch their current fanbase. This is a collaborative side-project, so it's not as big of a problem for them. But, if a mainline Atelier game were to go full otome mode, I'm pretty sure that it would lose some fans.

Anyways...long story short, I am an extremely biased fan of GUST. They're really the only company that could get me to play a game like this.
Spoiler:

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 am

It's quite a shame this one's for the PSP; I'd like to see GUST make more games than the yearly Atelier on a home console.

N-N-Not that I would play a games for girls or anything...
Quillbell wrote:

:lol: And thus vampko's fanboy instincts can be used for good instead of evil.

I believe you got that backwards, my dearest Quillbell.

vampko wrote:Atelier games are close to Otome games in nature, that is quite true. But they aren't full-on otome games for a reason. Because they don't want to ditch their current fanbase. This is a collaborative side-project, so it's not as big of a problem for them. But, if a mainline Atelier game were to go full otome mode, I'm pretty sure that it would lose some fans.

Anyways...long story short, I am an extremely biased fan of GUST. They're really the only company that could get me to play a game like this.

You seem to ignore the posibility of GUST also getting fans if they took such route. Of course, they would be hambeasts of unspoken horror, that which goes beyond a man's worse nightmares; beyond the very worst that humanity can showcase..but alas, money is money, is it not?

Seriously, though, an otome Atelier game wouldn't look all that out of place. Again, not that I'd play it. Well, I could give it a try...
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Quillbell
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Quillbell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 am

zatrox wrote:It's quite a shame this one's for the PSP; I'd like to see GUST make more games than the yearly Atelier on a home console.

N-N-Not that I would play a games for girls or anything...

:mrgreen: The gentleman doth protest too much.

DigiOtaku
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby DigiOtaku » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:29 am

I dunno about GUST, but I know Idea Factory already has a huge JPN fanbase for these type of games. And I think if Atlus brings 1 it will open the door for them in the U.S. But NISA has said in interviews that text based games are almost impossible to get "ok'd" from Sony to be allowed to sell it in the U.S. Thats why Disgaea Infinte had minigames in the US release. So even though I would not buy a dating sim for females, I wouldnt mind the real dating-sims/ text based games if it was the other type, for males.

Waiting for: DW: Gundam 3, Bleach: SR, Catherine, Disgaea 4, & Atelier Totori

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 am

Quillbell wrote: :mrgreen: The gentleman doth protest too much.

As if Queen you were!

DigiOtaku wrote:I dunno about GUST, but I know Idea Factory already has a huge JPN fanbase for these type of games. And I think if Atlus brings 1 it will open the door for them in the U.S. But NISA has said in interviews that text based games are almost impossible to get "ok'd" from Sony to be allowed to sell it in the U.S. Thats why Disgaea Infinte had minigames in the US release. So even though I would not buy a dating sim for females, I wouldnt mind the real dating-sims/ text based games if it was the other type, for males.

Well, my friend, of the kind you're looking for a whole lot there are, just not on consoles.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

machinemaiden
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby machinemaiden » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 am

zatrox wrote:It's quite a shame this one's for the PSP; I'd like to see GUST make more games than the yearly Atelier on a home console.

Ahh, thing is, no word on which system it will be for. More then likely it will be for PSP or the PS3 considering that's the systems they seem to be using now.

Kinda hoping for PS3 since the artwork would look so wonderful on there and there could be so much more then just a VN with a PS3 version. Imagine actually synthesizing, going out on adventures/gathering, running the shop with your beau! I highly doubt it's going to be a straight VN.
ImageImage

Return to “Atelier Series”