Atelier series, and Gust in General...

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: Atelier series, and Gust in General...

Postby Ghaleon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Welp, the majority of the tracks vamp listed are indeed better IMO than what I get in Rorona/AT3. I don't know if they are exceptional in my opinion compared to others in the games they are from, but if they were anything close to average I too would enjoy their Game's soundtracks greatly.

None of the ones he suggested are from Rorona/AT3 though, do you agree that they have a weaker lineup Vampko (AT3 vocal tracks don't count)? Or did you just choose not to list them because I already said I haven't enjoyed them much so far?

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Ghaleon wrote:Welp, the majority of the tracks vamp listed are indeed better IMO than what I get in Rorona/AT3. I don't know if they are exceptional in my opinion compared to others in the games they are from, but if they were anything close to average I too would enjoy their Game's soundtracks greatly.

None of the ones he suggested are from Rorona/AT3 though, do you agree that they have a weaker lineup Vampko (AT3 vocal tracks don't count)? Or did you just choose not to list them because I already said I haven't enjoyed them much so far?

Because you said you didn't like them, I showed you soundtracks from other games.

I personally love the Rorona soundtrack ~

Qoga, I WILL agree, is probably the weakest soundtrack out of all the GUST games I've played. It's got some really awesome hymmnos though <3
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ghaleon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah tenshi I saw... Your suggestions weren't as enjoyable for me though and figured it would be more polite to not mention it than say "you stink!!"

I like SOME songs in rorona, but not tons, and not many. The nearby forest bgm for example is enjoyable to me.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Ghaleon wrote:Yeah tenshi I saw... Your suggestions weren't as enjoyable for me though and figured it would be more polite to not mention it than say "you stink!!"

I like SOME songs in rorona, but not tons, and not many. The nearby forest bgm for example is enjoyable to me.

I think the thing, is that Rorona has a very relaxed BGM selection. It's the kind of music you listen to when you're reading a book, fishing, studying, etc...It's really great, but it's not a typical sort of BGM for a JRPG.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:23 pm

vampko wrote:
Ghaleon wrote:Yeah tenshi I saw... Your suggestions weren't as enjoyable for me though and figured it would be more polite to not mention it than say "you stink!!"

I think the thing, is that Rorona has a very relaxed BGM selection. It's the kind of music you listen to when you're reading a book, fishing, studying, etc...It's really great, but it's not a typical sort of BGM for a JRPG.

This, it isn't typical, but the music is relaxing in Rorona...most Gust games have pretty upbeat, traditional JRPG music but in a much better fashion I guess

Or I'm super bias against the music from Gust games, I dunno

Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Mlada » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:33 pm

vampko wrote:

I super agree with this...My personal favorites, which goes for anything Ken Nakagawa does, are the "goofy" songs. Then again, I'm a sucker for waltzes and polkas...^^"

But I absolutely loved Rorona's "Devil's Tango" which can only be heard in an optional boss fight with the Demon.

Now Qoga...other than the Hymmnos, sad to say, barely really stood out to me. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. Then again, my understanding was that a bunch of students of Daisuke Achiwa were the brains behind that dept...so for a set of beginners, I'd say it was decent...

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Qoga's normal music (i.e. not-hymmnos) isn't quite as good as the other two Ar Tonelicos. I did like a few of them, though, sorry I can't remember their official names:

- Garsvelt Bridge (I know I spelled it wrong) and the Lymph Vessel outdoors
- Rinkernator and Ku (a favorite; so relaxing and gives off a final dungeon vibe despite not being the final dungeon)
- Moocheriel and XP Shell
- Finnel's Cosmosphere, first half
- Finnel's romance theme (another favorite; if you don't know it, you first hear it the first time she and Aoto have a night alone under the stars)

I actually had to think about this; it's easier naming favorites for AT 1 and 2. But anyway, these are what I liked most and I probably missed one or two.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:48 am

LAMV wrote:Qoga's normal music (i.e. not-hymmnos) isn't quite as good as the other two Ar Tonelicos. I did like a few of them, though, sorry I can't remember their official names:

- Garsvelt Bridge (I know I spelled it wrong) and the Lymph Vessel outdoors
- Rinkernator and Ku (a favorite; so relaxing and gives off a final dungeon vibe despite not being the final dungeon)
- Moocheriel and XP Shell
- Finnel's Cosmosphere, first half
- Finnel's romance theme (another favorite; if you don't know it, you first hear it the first time she and Aoto have a night alone under the stars)

I actually had to think about this; it's easier naming favorites for AT 1 and 2. But anyway, these are what I liked most and I probably missed one or two.

And the titles that correspond to each one are the following:

- Road to the Top
- Transparent Wind
- A Heart Beating Faster
- The Tale of a Mysterious Game ~The First~
- In a Night of Shooting Stars

Some are my own take on translations for the original JP titles, but others should be the same as the ones in the in-game Extras menu.

Return to “Atelier Series”