Atelier Totori Screens/trailers/etc

Official forums for games from the Atelier series
bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Atelier Totori Screens/trailers/etc

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am

This is actually a pretty open community and yes we have our tiffs, but what board doesn't. The mods here are pretty lenient and loose too. Either that or they just don't read most of the stuff here, which to say they are probably respectful of us to be able to handle ourselves and if there is an issue to big that we can go to them instead of them having to police us all the time.

Most of us are also generous enough to forgive people's mistakes when they are sorry and honestly you didn't make a huge mistake. You seem like a cool enough person so hopefully none of us are scaring you off as we do tend to stick together. I hope that you enjoy your time here and that we make it a pleasant enough experience for you as you will hopefully do for us :)
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:18 am

I fail to see where you offended me, OniOni. :lol:

I'm not mad with anyone on this forum, even if I had any arguement in the past. We sometimes have different opinions, and get too excited about it, but later on, we're all the same here. :mrgreen:

MyKotoShi
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MyKotoShi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

I have no doubt NISA will localize this game, and I'm really looking forward to having it anytime soon.
I also think the OST should come packaged with it in limited editions like how they did for Rorona, but it needs to be the entire OST with the 60+ tracks. I'd pay $100+ for a limited bundle.

Really looking forward to this one, and Rorona was great it just could have had more.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:40 pm

3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

MyKotoShi
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MyKotoShi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:52 am

And wow, as long as I've been watching Totori, it surprises me that I just learn she's 13 years-old. I saw her as 15-17 age. She's pretty tall for her age.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 am

MyKotoShi wrote:And wow, as long as I've been watching Totori, it surprises me that I just learn she's 13 years-old. I saw her as 15-17 age. She's pretty tall for her age.

I knew she was 13, but she looked 11-12 to me...I'm not sure where you came to that conclusion, but if you can, looks like NISA will change some ages again :|
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

OniOni
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby OniOni » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:30 am

I'd like to think they were designed to look taller than their initial age. After all, Totori lives through 6 years of the game. They needed some way to pass the characters off during that time. Same thing as Atelier Rorona. She passed off as 17 in her portraits, well at least that is how i see it.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 am

Totori seems 12~13 for me, and that's her age in the Japanese version, right? But I think letting her as a 17-years old girl will be a pushover.

OniOni
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby OniOni » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 am

Err... so will NIS bump everyones age in this game too? Surely some people will be mistakened and take Totori's age for granted if she was known as a 16 year old in the US. I felt that way for Rorona until I researched some more about the game and found out.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 am

As NISA did it to the first game, it'll have to do it for the second one.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:22 am

OniOni wrote:Err... so will NIS bump everyones age in this game too? Surely some people will be mistakened and take Totori's age for granted if she was known as a 16 year old in the US. I felt that way for Rorona until I researched some more about the game and found out.

By 'take her age for granted' what do you mean? Personally, it was easy to write off Rorona as being 17sih because of how she was drawn, but I can't see Totori as anything but 12-13, if even that. I'm not sure how much sense it will make, but it's bound to happen.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

OniOni
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby OniOni » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

sorry. wrong choice of words there. I meant that people will just accept the fact that she is 16 years old in the US version. Ahh screw it they will figure out her real age sooner or later.

MyKotoShi
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby MyKotoShi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:33 am

Would it that NISA didn't actually change her age, but instead of posting her bio with the starting age as for the japanese site, they put the ending age there?

If on the japanese site it says Totori is 13 from the start, the american site would reflect Totori's ending age at 19.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 am

MyKotoShi wrote:Would it that NISA didn't actually change her age, but instead of posting her bio with the starting age as for the japanese site, they put the ending age there?

If on the japanese site it says Totori is 13 from the start, the american site would reflect Totori's ending age at 19.

If they say she's 19, they will SERIOUSLY be stretching things...and no, as much as we want it to be it was just the ending ages, NISA DID change their ages, as can be seen by a few characters who didn't get an age change. And the fact that these ages were also in the book. I would imagine they will just age Totori by four years so she can be at the magic age of '17'. Even though it would make zero sense this time. Sorry, but Totori isn't passing as 17 like Rorona could. And 19 is most definitely not gonna make ANY sense WHATSOEVER. Unless she had that rare disease that doesn't let her age, and Mimi also had it....
Spoiler:

OniOni
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby OniOni » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 am

Wut? I found something about the game that just piqued my interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdYjtOgStm8

Around timestamp 2:50

I only discovered that fact now. You can visit both Rorona and Totori's workshop and synthesize in either places. Awesome and the fact that using a teleport item will save the time needed to travel back to town.
I'm sure some of the people here already know this fact. It's just that sometimes these features can be overlooked in a video clip.

Return to “Atelier Series”