Do you think Ar Tonelico 3 will get localized?

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Ryo_Suzuki
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Do you think Ar Tonelico 3 will get localized?

Postby Ryo_Suzuki » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:06 am

We know more about Ar Tonelico 3 than Last Rebellion, yet Last rebellion is getting localized. :lol:

Nisa, can you please bring this over if you do localized it? http://shop.salburg.com/product/at3/comboset/
"…gazing off into the distance towards something far beyond our wildest dreams..."

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Do you think Ar Tonelico 3 will get localized?

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:25 am

All I have to say is.... 8-)

The odds of them bringing this over are like, I don't know, hmm, let's see....

:idea:

100%?

Ryo_Suzuki
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Ryo_Suzuki » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:34 am

odinfan wrote:All I have to say is.... 8-)

The odds of them bringing this over are like, I don't know, hmm, let's see....

:idea:

100%?

I hope so. It's a good thing Nisa isn't like Bamco...
"…gazing off into the distance towards something far beyond our wildest dreams..."

yuki-chan
Majin
Majin

Postby yuki-chan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Im sure that NIS is going to bring the 3 game, because they bring the 1 and 2 game. And they arent like bandai namco games that they never bring good games that they published in japan

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:40 pm

If we're talking about NIS America, these guys actually have to get the license rights from other companies first. I'm not sure about Nippon Ichi Software though, but I don't think they're as protective of their franchises.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:18 pm

I do think that the game will be localized, so we just have to wait for an announcement on it.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:04 pm

I think it will. The thing I'm worried about is the Purging(not sure if this what it's called) system, where the girls loose their clothes getting on Fox News like Mass Effect with the "Sexbox" story. I can see it already, "In this game you force these young girls to strip! This is disgusting! How dare someone make this!"
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

bull422
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby bull422 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:29 pm

From the screen shots I have seen the Girls seem to strip no further than their underwear and bras so I doubt it will raise too much concern. Not to mention the Ar Tonelico games are so niche that they probably wouldn't get much attention even if they did push the envelope a little bit.

Anyway I doubt NIS will pass on the latest sequel and I will definitely be looking forward to its English release.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 pm

This game looks so awesome, so it has to be localized. All the games I find interesting usually (100%) get localized :mrgreen:

I'd say if it comes over it will probably be as soon as Summer 2010, but most likely Winter 2010

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 am

bull422 wrote:From the screen shots I have seen the Girls seem to strip no further than their underwear and bras so I doubt it will raise too much concern. Not to mention the Ar Tonelico games are so niche that they probably wouldn't get much attention even if they did push the envelope a little bit.

The biggest problem would probably be getting the game past the ESRB. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to censor the final levels of Purge (as in, add an undergown or something) to get the Teen rating they'd likely be shooting for.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm

I don't think you have to worry about it getting anything higher than a Teen rating.... Remember this is AT, not Mortal Kombat. If the previous games have gotten the same, what makes you think this won't? I know the ESRB can make some really weird decisions at times(like giving Persona 3 an M rating?), but I think they realize that people in the this category are probably 14-15 year olds who know what they're getting themselves into.

The Mature tag is the tip of the ice berg for North America(barring AO), so its only really given out if there's some really offensive material present in a game. Trust me, this game definitely won't cross that line.

TheNecromancer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheNecromancer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Won't be surprised if the ESRB does screw it up for us, but if it is just down to the undies i don't see it as that big an issue.

I do expect it to get localized, and i'm thanking god it's a PS3 game so we don't have to hear the VA complaints we normally do.

I'm sure the not so silent minority will come up with something, though :roll:
Favorite ATQ tracks
EXEC_Z/.
M*S*G*Y*E*C
Tale of the Game
Pan of Age
Meld~Finnel

n1c3guy707
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby n1c3guy707 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah this game will most likely be localized. Since it's a PS3 game it can easily hold both JP/NA dub and if there are some technical issues (game breaking glitches) it can be patched. ;)
War's end but my soldiers are eternal.

dv8shun
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby dv8shun » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

lopez wrote:I'd say if it comes over it will probably be as soon as Summer 2010, but most likely Winter 2010

NisA is working on Atelier Rorona for Summer 2010, barring any delays. I would guess AT3 would be for next year at the earliest (Assuming it's localized at all).

Windros
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Windros » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 am

The was I see if, they more than likely are going to get this one too, as its got its own nice little fan base. As far as te game rating goes, they've been tryng to blame games for many things these days but from what I'm seeing small time games can get away with it much more than a BIG title. Although if they did start blazing this over the news sales might accually increase because from what I've seen anytime a game is high flung in the media(GTA, RE5) they tend to sell more just becaouse of rebellious people whom want to shut them up. And besides for all the wing and tail its not like the guys don't lose it too which btw I find funny as all hell.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”