Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
betaflame
Majin
Majin
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby betaflame » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:49 pm

I note from material I've seen that there are more characters to interact with. I'd like to ask anyone who's played the JPN version as to how many true endings with characters there are?

(I say true endings because I'm not sure if the pulled the stunts like in AT1 where there were "incomplete" endings all over the place)

To be specific, the number is fine, I don't want to know what they are or who they are with, thanks.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby aquagon » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 pm

There are a total of eight endings: one Normal and one True per each Heroine, a Bad Ending, and a Fourth Option ending.

betaflame
Majin
Majin
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby betaflame » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks. So you can only end with the 3 main reyvateils other than the 4th option? which I have a pretty good guess as to who it is

User avatar
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Metafalss

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 am

betaflame wrote:Thanks. So you can only end with the 3 main reyvateils other than the 4th option? which I have a pretty good guess as to who it is


Correct. There's only the 2 endings for Finnell, Saki, Tilia, and yes the 4th girl is probably who you think it is, plus well the bad ending.

There's an important scene in Phase 3 which is where you basically decide who you want to end the game with, which involves if you win or lose a battle with MYU within a time limit, then after some gameplay you make a decision to either Stop Saki's song, or let her continue it. Plus the battle with MYU, the scene will change in a certain spot after it depending on which girl you have the most hearts with(if you have 3 hearts with a girl you're stuck with her meaning Saki or Finnell, but if you don't have 3 hearts with either of those girls, you get to have 2 other choices of which one you want to end with, Tilia or the 4th one).
Image

betaflame
Majin
Majin
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby betaflame » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:39 am

Okay, thanks for that. It's like getting the 3rd(and best) ending in ATII, you have to be careful not to go past level 5 with Cloche/Luca or you get locked in.

Damn I hate waiting for games, I got Rorona just to tide me over. This is going to be the fastest pre-order i've ever made.

User avatar
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Metafalss

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby Ar Tonelico » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 pm

betaflame wrote:Okay, thanks for that. It's like getting the 3rd(and best) ending in ATII, you have to be careful not to go past level 5 with Cloche/Luca or you get locked in.

Damn I hate waiting for games, I got Rorona just to tide me over. This is going to be the fastest pre-order i've ever made.


Well in Ar tonelico III though, it doesn't really matter how far you advance in a Reyvateil's Cosmosphere unlike the 2nd game. With AtIII, starting in Phase 2 to Phase 3 you'll have to make a decision on like which Reyvateil you want to protect(Saki or Finnell). If you for instance say choose Finnell on your 1st attempt, that means any of Saki's endings is out of the question, but still have other ones that are still available(Tilia is only a character you can have if you gained access to Phase 4 of the story or aka the final phase). Plus of course Saki and Finnell can have their story reach to end of Phase 4 as well since that's required for their True Endings(their Normal Endings end at Phase 3). With Tilia though, since she just barely joins your party in the final phase, you couldn't get any hearts for her from those decision making of who to protect between Phase 2 and 3, so basically you'll just have to clear her Binary Game and complete all 3 levels(only 3 or 4 levels instead of like the usual 9, but they're much longer and the final level has multiple endings). Then once you finish that and reach towards near the end of the game, you'll have to make a choice for Tilia's path which will vary on if you'll either get the Normal end or the True End for her. So the 4th girl would just be don't advance to far in Tilia's Binary Game, but also not to have a maximum heart with either Saki or Finnell.
Image

bookkid900
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby bookkid900 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Ar Tonelico wrote:
betaflame wrote:Okay, thanks for that. It's like getting the 3rd(and best) ending in ATII, you have to be careful not to go past level 5 with Cloche/Luca or you get locked in.

Damn I hate waiting for games, I got Rorona just to tide me over. This is going to be the fastest pre-order i've ever made.


Well in Ar tonelico III though, it doesn't really matter how far you advance in a Reyvateil's Cosmosphere unlike the 2nd game. With AtIII, starting in Phase 2 to Phase 3 you'll have to make a decision on like which Reyvateil you want to protect(Saki or Finnell). If you for instance say choose Finnell on your 1st attempt, that means any of Saki's endings is out of the question, but still have other ones that are still available(Tilia is only a character you can have if you gained access to Phase 4 of the story or aka the final phase). Plus of course Saki and Finnell can have their story reach to end of Phase 4 as well since that's required for their True Endings(their Normal Endings end at Phase 3). With Tilia though, since she just barely joins your party in the final phase, you couldn't get any hearts for her from those decision making of who to protect between Phase 2 and 3, so basically you'll just have to clear her Binary Game and complete all 3 levels(only 3 or 4 levels instead of like the usual 9, but they're much longer and the final level has multiple endings). Then once you finish that and reach towards near the end of the game, you'll have to make a choice for Tilia's path which will vary on if you'll either get the Normal end or the True End for her. So the 4th girl would just be don't advance to far in Tilia's Binary Game, but also not to have a maximum heart with either Saki or Finnell.


Not true you can have a 2:1 ratio and still get the girl that has 2 hearts. In the eighth cosmosphere, there is a scene which can allow you to reach that girl's ending.

User avatar
shadowflux1
Majin
Majin
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: It's dark here.

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby shadowflux1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Wow so many different paths, does it change the actual story flow to an extreme with any of the choices like the earlier ones had you branching off to one mission or another for certain phases? simple yes or no can suffice. i just want to know if i need to replay for story differences aswell as endings.
Image
Lovebar made by Rarutos

User avatar
gamerboy133
Majin
Majin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:39 am
Location: At my House DUH!

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby gamerboy133 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:03 pm

I just got the bad ending and had only one file i chose to stop saki from sing so does that mean there is no other way to get any ending other then the bad ending?

Also at the rinkrnater (im sure i spelled it wrong) can you defeat that guradian? if you can does it make a differance?
guess what..I Am JuSt A lItTlE InSaNe guess what else?

I DONT REALLY CARE!! ;)

User avatar
Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:57 pm
Location: Metafalss

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm

gamerboy133 wrote:I just got the bad ending and had only one file i chose to stop saki from sing so does that mean there is no other way to get any ending other then the bad ending?

Also at the rinkrnater (im sure i spelled it wrong) can you defeat that guradian? if you can does it make a differance?


Spoiler:
Well defeating the Guardian will awaken Tyria, but make sure you stop Saki's song afterwards. Just Purge your Reyvateil for all 3 layers of clothing and do a Purge Carnival. If there's any HP left, finish him off with a Flipsphere attack. This is the easiest path for True Ending.
Image

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Re: Number of Ar Tonelico 3 endings

Postby LAMV » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:33 am

Ar Tonelico wrote:
gamerboy133 wrote:I just got the bad ending and had only one file i chose to stop saki from sing so does that mean there is no other way to get any ending other then the bad ending?

Also at the rinkrnater (im sure i spelled it wrong) can you defeat that guradian? if you can does it make a differance?


Spoiler:
Well defeating the Guardian will awaken Tyria, but make sure you stop Saki's song afterwards. Just Purge your Reyvateil for all 3 layers of clothing and do a Purge Carnival. If there's any HP left, finish him off with a Flipsphere attack. This is the easiest path for True Ending.


Spoiler:
It's also the only path...


Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest