ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
User avatar
SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: Club 444

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby SilverCitizen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm

zatrox wrote:
SilverCitizen wrote:Omg after reading the ESRB description, I have to get this game! :lol:
Ahhhh, I'm going to have to jump through some hoops though. Radiant Historia and Neptunia come out next month. This year is way too hectic for me. :cry:

Priorities and choices, my friend.

Sometimes, you must pick a certain game first, and then buy the game you missed out on later.


Very true. Priorities indeed. The question is, which of those games is going to be the hardest to get in the future? I want the limited edition of Neptunia, Radiant Historia could probably wait due to the fact the cd comes with every copy...for now anyway. Don't know what's coming with this. Guess I'll have to hold off on doing anything for now. :|

User avatar
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8216
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Maryland

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby XCronoX » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:28 pm

If it's a M rating, I'm expecting nudity, cussing and ridiculous amounts of blood and gore that would make my day.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby lopez » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:31 pm

zatrox wrote:
Ryo wrote:
Congratulations to NISA on their first M rated title. I still don't know if the rating is justified, it has the exact same content descriptors as Neptunia which is only rated T. :?:

But underage girls stripping to become stronger in battle.

And guys, too. Sadly.


This

I'm sure the transformation animations and the sexual innuendos (inserting "crystals" into her special "slot") are what pushed the game toward M.

Though like Ryo said, the rating doesn't matter. I mean kids who want it will just get their parents to buy the game.

XCronoX wrote:If it's a M rating, I'm expecting nudity, cussing and ridiculous amounts of blood and gore that would make my day.


Reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS. I've played it and I still don't get how it got a M rating..... :|
Image

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4791
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 am

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby LAMV » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm

lopez wrote:Reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS. I've played it and I still don't get how it got a M rating..... :|


Probably because of Mara. It's a giant penis on a chariot after all.

User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10454
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby lordryo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:46 pm

lopez wrote:
zatrox wrote:
Ryo wrote:
Congratulations to NISA on their first M rated title. I still don't know if the rating is justified, it has the exact same content descriptors as Neptunia which is only rated T. :?:

But underage girls stripping to become stronger in battle.

And guys, too. Sadly.


This

I'm sure the transformation animations and the sexual innuendos (inserting "crystals" into her special "slot") are what pushed the game toward M.

Though like Ryo said, the rating doesn't matter. I mean kids who want it will just get their parents to buy the game.

No doubt that's what pushed the rating, but then don't you think they should list the game as having 'mature sexual themes' rather than just plan 'ol sexual themes? Neptune and Rorona both have 'sexual themes' on the box yet nothing was inserted into anyone's 'slot' nor was there any under aged stripping. If AT3 is more mature in the sex department, then the box should say so.

lopez wrote:
XCronoX wrote:If it's a M rating, I'm expecting nudity, cussing and ridiculous amounts of blood and gore that would make my day.


Reminds me of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey for the DS. I've played it and I still don't get how it got a M rating..... :|

I feel the same way about Halo. :|
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

videoman190
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby videoman190 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Because I want to say it welcome to the ESRB M rated club NISA!

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2765
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby perrandy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:01 pm

videoman190 wrote:Because I want to say it welcome to the ESRB M rated club NISA!
oh yeah and to celebrate even more bring a few
Spoiler:
eroges
from japan :lol: :mrgreen:

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 pm

I wonder how many people there are on the NISA forum that legally aren't allowed to buy Ar tonelico 3
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
Orliatzu
Majin
Majin
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Lastation

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby Orliatzu » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Can't wait to play this one! M rating and all!

Out of curiosity I was checking out my copy of Ar tonelico 3 JP version. Noticed that it says Cero at the bottom left of the box with a big C. It also says 15 at the bottom. It makes me curious how the rating system works in Japan as I know little about the subject. :lol:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: Club 444

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby SilverCitizen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Orliatzu wrote:Can't wait to play this one! M rating and all!

Out of curiosity I was checking out my copy of Ar tonelico 3 JP version. Noticed that it says Cero at the bottom left of the box with a big C. It also says 15 at the bottom. It makes me curious how the rating system works in Japan as I know little about the subject. :lol:


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_E ... ganization

User avatar
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10454
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:34 am
Location: With Kokonoe ♥

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby lordryo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 am

Still, mad props to NISA for not backing down and actually releasing the game uncensored.

Who else could get away with featuring underaged striptease in their game! :lol:
Image
Image
Image
Image
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby Rednal » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 am

The good thing about being niche is that you don't have as many critics ready to jump you. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 8216
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Maryland

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby XCronoX » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:02 am

Future Headline, "Ar Tonelico: Qoga video game, is the cause of school shooting".
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby vampko » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:42 am

XCronoX wrote:Future Headline, "Ar Tonelico: Qoga video game, is the cause of school shooting".

More like "Ar Tonelico : Qoga video game, the cause of underage girls stripping and boys trying to insert crystals into girls" :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3131
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby zatrox » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:37 am

CelticRedemption wrote:I wonder how many people there are on the NISA forum that legally aren't allowed to buy Ar tonelico 3

I guess I'm one of them.

Not like that changes much.
vampko wrote:
XCronoX wrote:Future Headline, "Ar Tonelico: Qoga video game, is the cause of school shooting".

More like "Ar Tonelico : Qoga video game, the cause of underage girls stripping

But that already happens without the need of evil videogames.
vampko wrote: and boys trying to insert crystals into girls" :lol:

That ought to be interesting.

...How do I insert a crystal into a girl?
Image
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING


Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests