ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Phoenix_Apollo
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: ESRB's Ar Tonelico Qoga Rating

Postby Phoenix_Apollo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:45 pm

shymel94 wrote:
magusgs wrote:Yes, but I consider shymel to be one of the most mature and all-around useful members on this board. Zatrox also represents a fascinating anomaly.

Why thank you magusgs.
Time-boy wrote:The website is out guys. Totally awesome and the box art of the game is beautiful

I like the box art as well. Personally, the "M" rating doesn't "fuse" with the box art, but that's just in comparison to other "M" rated games' box art.

I kinda like how the big M rating looks, myself. It makes the boxart 10x better for me.
ImageImageImage

SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby SilverCitizen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Phoenix_Apollo wrote:I kinda like how the big M rating looks, myself. It makes the boxart 10x better for me.

Yeah, it does. Weird. :lol:

zatrox wrote:Heh, the "M" rating looks out of place with the clean-looking boxart, I agree with you on that.

I can just imagine the reactions from my buddies at Gamestop. :P

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Somehow... I really don't know... But know I want Qoga more than Neptunia. Go ahead and curse me. :lol:

SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby SilverCitizen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Shizuka wrote:Somehow... I really don't know... But know I want Qoga more than Neptunia. Go ahead and curse me. :lol:

Might as well curse me too. :lol:

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Shizuka wrote:Somehow... I really don't know... But know I want Qoga more than Neptunia. Go ahead and curse me. :lol:

SilverCitizen wrote:

You both aren't alone.

Even when I already pre-ordered Neptunia.
SilverCitizen wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:I kinda like how the big M rating looks, myself. It makes the boxart 10x better for me.

Yeah, it does. Weird. :lol:

zatrox wrote:Heh, the "M" rating looks out of place with the clean-looking boxart, I agree with you on that.

I can just imagine the reactions from my buddies at Gamestop. :P

They'll buy 20 copies each?
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm

zatrox wrote:

SilverCitizen wrote:

You both aren't alone.

Even when I already pre-ordered Neptunia.

It's nice to see I'm not alone. This game seemed more appealing after the website and the cover. And again, excuse my french, but for me, Neptunia is too much "Trinity Universe" for my taste, and I've practically spoiled myself with the entire story of Neptunia.

betaflame
Majin
Majin

Postby betaflame » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 pm

The Ar Tonelico Series and GUST are on a completely different level than Neptunia and Compile Heart.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:25 pm

betaflame wrote:The Ar Tonelico Series and GUST are on a completely different level than Neptunia and Compile Heart.

That's true, although I love them both.

SilverCitizen
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby SilverCitizen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 pm

zatrox wrote:
SilverCitizen wrote:I can just imagine the reactions from my buddies at Gamestop. :P

Psh, NISA wishes. :P
They'll just crack a few jokes about how the box is so colorful and innocent looking and yet has an M rating.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm

SilverCitizen wrote:
zatrox wrote:
SilverCitizen wrote:I can just imagine the reactions from my buddies at Gamestop. :P

Psh, NISA wishes. :P
They'll just crack a few jokes about how the box is so colorful and innocent looking and yet has an M rating.

And they'll secretly order one copy to see why the game got an M rating.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

betaflame wrote:The Ar Tonelico Series and GUST are on a completely different level than Neptunia and Compile Heart.

I agree COMPLETELY. Atelier Totori and Ar Tonelico Qoga are my two most anticipated titles this year =^O^=
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm

vampko wrote:

I agree COMPLETELY. Atelier Totori and Ar Tonelico Qoga are my two most anticipated titles this year =^O^=

I still don't know why you didn't get Gust-chan on the Neptunia Squad. Although IF-chan is nice, Gust is your favorite thing in the ~realm~ of gaming.

Aryoch
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Aryoch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Qoga is my most antecipated NISA game after Disgaea 4. Although Atelier Rorona and Totori don't get even close from Ar Tonelico and Atelier Iris, GUST always made better RPGs than IF! and Compile Heart. And not to mention the flawless Soundtrack of GUST games 8D

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Aryoch wrote:Qoga is my most antecipated NISA game after Disgaea 4. Although Atelier Rorona and Totori don't get even close from Ar Tonelico and Atelier Iris, GUST always made better RPGs than IF! and Compile Heart. And not to mention the flawless Soundtrack of GUST games 8D

Actually, Ar Tonelico's OST is a masterpiece. Akiko Shikata is pure love.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Shizuka wrote:
vampko wrote:

I still don't know why you didn't get Gust-chan on the Neptunia Squad. Although IF-chan is nice, Gust is your favorite thing in the ~realm~ of gaming.

I know, but IFchan just stood out to me, and I just connected with her the moment I saw her.

Aryoch wrote:Qoga is my most antecipated NISA game after Disgaea 4. Although Atelier Rorona and Totori don't get even close from Ar Tonelico and Atelier Iris, GUST always made better RPGs than IF! and Compile Heart. And not to mention the flawless Soundtrack of GUST games 8D

I love Ar Tonelico, and Eternal Mana was one of my favorite games of all time, but Atelier Totori looks to be a game which will actually take the place of my favorite game of all time. Which doesn't happen very often. And, I love Ar Tonelico music. But, for whatever reason, I just found Rorona's soundtrack to be better. I've never worked on translating a game, and been able to use the game's own music while translating. I normally have to turn down the game music, and play music on my comp. And the music just worked so well for me, I found myself just sitting around and listening to the music in the game, and never really feeling like it should change. I've never encountered a soundtrack that worked that well with me in my entire life. Hopefully Totori will give the same feeling. With Ar Tonelico, it's more like, I feel really good when I hear it, but I get tired after hearing it enough.

Again, this is just me though.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”