Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am

ninina wrote:Haha! Well that would be a sight to see. Then again I've been known to do stuff like that when around certain friends who always seem to have a costume ready if I'm sleep deprived or otherwise uninhibited. Maybe I should start wearing a lab coat, rectangle glasses and catears around...maybe a nice hat too like a top hat. Bet that would break me of the programming quickly.

On a more topic related note, even if the characters are loli what makes this quantitative different then two animated characters making thinly disguised sexual reference on saterday morning cartoons or two anthromorphic animals falling in love in a Disney film?

It's Japanese, and therefore a target. I thought I was the only one that noticed American cartoons are far more laden with sexual innuendo than non-eroge.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

Neon01
Majin
Majin
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby Neon01 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

SaturnineTenshi wrote:That said, the increase in lawli is undeniable.


Thanks, that was my point. Apparently I'm not the only one who's noticed this trend.

User avatar
magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby magusgs » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 am

ninina wrote:On a more topic related note, even if the characters are loli what makes this quantitative different then two animated characters making thinly disguised sexual reference on saterday morning cartoons or two anthromorphic animals falling in love in a Disney film?

The first is loli, the second is furry. In the Internet Hierarchy, loli > furry.

Actually, the difference is one is sexual in nature (target audience: adults), the other is romantic (target audience: children).
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

User avatar
magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2202
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby magusgs » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 am

I don't know about AT3 yet, but AT1 was heavier on the loli themes than AT2 in my opinion. Misha as a heroine was the embodiment of loli. Meanwhile, the closest thing in AT2 was Cocona, and
Spoiler:
she wasn't really romanceable
. People calling Luca "loli" just don't know what they're talking about. In contrast, neither of the 2 AT3 heroines seem as loli as Misha or Cocona, at least at first glance.
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Luca is not loli. The most loli heroine is obviously Misha, but she doesn't even look like that normally. *Shrugs* Sorry, but I don't really see an increasing loli theme in the series.

Spoiler:
Flat girls, yes. Loli's, no.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Rednal wrote:Luca is not loli. The most loli heroine is obviously Misha, but she doesn't even look like that normally. *Shrugs* Sorry, but I don't really see an increasing loli theme in the series.

Spoiler:
Flat girls, yes. Loli's, no.


That's what I've been saying the whole time.

Oh well, can't wait for the game to arrive ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby leinaud » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 am

vampko wrote:I'd totally wear a shirt with a catgirl loli on it in a public setting no problem ~


That's awesome. I am kind like you in a way. I tell you, I have gotten many a look from people when I wear my fox-hat around town. Even here in Japan, LOL! :oops:

It looks similar to this, although I custom ordered it with white fur in the ears and white fur on the inside of the hat (makes it look more poofy i guess?)

Image
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:54 am

leinaud wrote:
vampko wrote:I'd totally wear a shirt with a catgirl loli on it in a public setting no problem ~


That's awesome. I am kind like you in a way. I tell you, I have gotten many a look from people when I wear my fox-hat around town. Even here in Japan, LOL! :oops:

It looks similar to this, although I custom ordered it with white fur in the ears and white fur on the inside of the hat (makes it look more poofy i guess?)

Image

Neat ~

I don't have anything like that sadly...
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2297
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 am
Location: Aviano, Italy

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby leinaud » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:13 am

vampko wrote:Neat ~

I don't have anything like that sadly...


You should...

go here: http://www.animehot.net/index.html
Image

Awaking in 2014...
Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 am

leinaud wrote:
vampko wrote:Neat ~

I don't have anything like that sadly...


You should...

go here: http://www.animehot.net/index.html

Thanks for the link, but it's a bit out of my price range right now...

Still, those are some really nice hats ~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Wilhem
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 am

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby Wilhem » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 pm

Nice hat :D , I wouldn't mind getting one but right know I'm saving to buy these :P
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Otherwise, I don't really see more lolies than in AT 1 or 2. The girls are younger yes but so is Aoto, I mean he's only 17 so where is the probleme with him dating a girl his age (Finnel) and as for Saki, who is the youngest of the main Reyvateil, she is 15 or so and don't tell me you've never seen some 17 years old dating a 15 years old I wouldn't believe you. As for the third Reyvateil, they are all over a 100 years old so they are the real criminal dating young men who are more than 100 years youngers than them :lol: . Otherwise, the main girls also have alternate personalities who, I am sure, will meet your requierements in women, namely Yurishika, Salapator (sorry, but I still can't force myself to use her US name :? ), Sakia Lumei, Filament, ...
Image

Image

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

After having played it quite a bit more, there are actually more busty women on this game than there were on any of the Ar tonelicos. And they all get a good deal of screen time. So, this theory really makes no sense. If anything, the loli level is decreasing.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

Neon01
Majin
Majin
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby Neon01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 am

vampko wrote:After having played it quite a bit more, there are actually more busty women on this game than there were on any of the Ar tonelicos. And they all get a good deal of screen time. So, this theory really makes no sense. If anything, the loli level is decreasing.

ATQ has more characters overall. This doesn't mean it doesn't have more "less developed" (staying away from any classification here) females. By my reckoning:

Spoiler:
AT1:
Busty(ish) - Aurica, Misha (adult), Claire, Ayano, Krusche, Spica
Less Developed - Young Misha, Shurelia, and maaaybe Tastiella (not counting MIr because she hardly even appeared in the game)

AT2:
Busty(ish) - Cloche, Amerie, Reisha, Cynthia (maybe), Skycat, Spica
Less developed - Luca, Cocona, Jacqli, Lakra (Sonia), Frelia

ATQ:
Busty(ish) - Saki, Sarapatra, Sakia Lumei, Yurisica, Krusche, Richa
Less Developed - Filament (admittedly borderline, but definitely not belonging in the other category), Finnel, Soma, Cocona, Tyria, Akane, Mute, Sasha


Note that I didn't include characters like Raki/Reki where it's pretty much impossible to say. By my count, the number of busty (or more developed) women in the series has stayed pretty constant at 6 per game. Whereas the number of less developed females has risen from 2-3 in the first game, to 5 in the second, to 8 in the third. So, it certainly makes sense to me.

User avatar
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 42005
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 暮し幸せ

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:03 am

Neon01 wrote:
vampko wrote:After having played it quite a bit more, there are actually more busty women on this game than there were on any of the Ar tonelicos. And they all get a good deal of screen time. So, this theory really makes no sense. If anything, the loli level is decreasing.

ATQ has more characters overall. This doesn't mean it doesn't have more "less developed" (staying away from any classification here) females. By my reckoning:

Spoiler:
AT1:
Busty(ish) - Aurica, Misha (adult), Claire, Ayano, Krusche, Spica
Less Developed - Young Misha, Shurelia, and maaaybe Tastiella (not counting MIr because she hardly even appeared in the game)

AT2:
Busty(ish) - Cloche, Amerie, Reisha, Cynthia (maybe), Skycat, Spica
Less developed - Luca, Cocona, Jacqli, Lakra (Sonia), Frelia

ATQ:
Busty(ish) - Saki, Sarapatra, Sakia Lumei, Yurisica, Krusche, Richa
Less Developed - Filament (admittedly borderline, but definitely not belonging in the other category), Finnel, Soma, Cocona, Tyria, Akane, Mute, Sasha


Note that I didn't include characters like Raki/Reki where it's pretty much impossible to say. By my count, the number of busty (or more developed) women in the series has stayed pretty constant at 6 per game. Whereas the number of less developed females has risen from 2-3 in the first game, to 5 in the second, to 8 in the third. So, it certainly makes sense to me.

I thought this was about loliness? Not just bust size? Sorry if I made it seem like it was just about bust size
not loli ;; loli

Spoiler:
AT2 - Cloche, Amerie, Reisha, Cynthia, Skycat, Spica, Infel, Luca (8) ;; Nenesha, Cocona, Mir, Sonia, Frelia (5)
ATQ - Saki, Sarapatra, Filament, Tyria, Mute, Richa, Krusche, Sakia, Yurisica (9);; Finnel, Soma, Cocona, Sasha, Akane (5)

I see much less loli characters than not loli characters, and there's actually more not lolis in Qoga than in At 2. I could be wrong about Tyria, but the artbook makes her appear very not loli. And, I know you wouldn't put Mute in there if you realized that it was really about whether or not they were lolis. She's about as far from that as you can possibly get :lol:
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
Image
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:
Image

Neon01
Majin
Majin
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby Neon01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:28 am

vampko wrote:I see much less loli characters than not loli characters, and there's actually more not lolis in Qoga than in At 2. I could be wrong about Tyria, but the artbook makes her appear very not loli. And, I know you wouldn't put Mute in there if you realized that it was really about whether or not they were lolis. She's about as far from that as you can possibly get :lol:


Have you played ATQ? Or are you basing this on the art book? No chance Tyria looks more than 14, and I'm not talking about "Butch" Mute... who I would argue doesn't really fit into the female category anyway. There's another on the list too, but if you're not toward the end of Phase 2 of ATQ I don't want to say who.

And you've got to be kidding me with Infel...
Spoiler:
She carries around a stuffed animal, for Chrissakes.


Edit: for the record, I only listed the "busty(ish)" category because you specifically mentioned busty women in ATQ. Even setting all of them aside, you can't really argue that the youthful-appearing ladies aren't increasing in frequency throughout the series. Maybe Qoga isn't a big leap over AT2, but AT2 was a huge leap over AT1.


Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests