Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Increasing Loli theme from AT1-AT2-ATQ? (mild spoilers?)

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 am

Neon01 wrote:
vampko wrote:I see much less loli characters than not loli characters, and there's actually more not lolis in Qoga than in At 2. I could be wrong about Tyria, but the artbook makes her appear very not loli. And, I know you wouldn't put Mute in there if you realized that it was really about whether or not they were lolis. She's about as far from that as you can possibly get :lol:

Have you played ATQ? Or are you basing this on the art book? No chance Tyria looks more than 14, and I'm not talking about "Butch" Mute... who I would argue doesn't really fit into the female category anyway. There's another on the list too, but if you're not toward the end of Phase 2 of ATQ I don't want to say who.

And you've got to be kidding me with Infel...
Spoiler:
She carries around a stuffed animal, for Chrissakes.

About Infel...so? Seriously, I still have stuffed animals, I'm 24, and male. Cute stuff is cute.

Mute is female. It's just cruel saying otherwise. I haven't seen Tyria in game yet. Like I said, that's a variable.

EDIT
And if you wanted to make Infel loli, as well as Tyria, that would still make an equal amount of lolis for both games. Which would still defy your point.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:54 am

And considering that Mimimi (Infel's plush)
Spoiler:
is actually a gift that was given to her by her adoptive father, Grammul, I find it a pretty valid excuse to keep it around her, not to mention that was the method that Grammul had devised for not having to sacrifice Infel in the creation process of Metafalica. Of course, this was before Infel had took the leadership of the project and redesigned Infel Phira to not need any kind of sacrifices.
Last edited by aquagon on Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:03 am

aquagon wrote:And considering that Mimimi (Infel's plush)
Spoiler:
is actually a gift that was given to her by her adoptive father, Grammul, I find it a pretty valid excuse to keep it around her, not to mention that was the method that Grammul had devised for not having to sacrifice Infel in the creation process of Metafalica. Of course, this was before Infel had took the leadership of the project and redesigned Infel Phira to not need any kind of sacrifices.

Use spoiler tags please.

Not everyone's played the games all the way. Especially considering this recent restock which gave many a chance to check out the games that skipped over them before.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Neon01
Majin
Majin

Postby Neon01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm

vampko wrote:About Infel...so? Seriously, I still have stuffed animals, I'm 24, and male. Cute stuff is cute.

Mute is female. It's just cruel saying otherwise. I haven't seen Tyria in game yet. Like I said, that's a variable.

EDIT
And if you wanted to make Infel loli, as well as Tyria, that would still make an equal amount of lolis for both games. Which would still defy your point.

No judgment about what kind of interests you have, but there is a HUGE difference between having stuffed animals that carry sentimental value to you in your closet or at home on your desk and carrying them around with you. Kids tend to shed "security objects" - which is what that stuffed creature appears to be - at a very young age. I should know, my kids are going through that phase. Again, this is much different than keeping stuffed toys on your bed or in the home somewhere.

If you can look upon this image:

[Possible mild spoiler for those that haven't played AT2]
http://images.wikia.com/artonelico/images/f/f1/At2-infel.jpg

and not see how someone could interpret that as an underage girl, then I suspect that you and I just don't have a basis of understanding from which a reasonable argument on this topic can be broached.

aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby aquagon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:39 pm

Neon01 wrote:
No judgment about what kind of interests you have, but there is a HUGE difference between having stuffed animals that carry sentimental value to you in your closet or at home on your desk and carrying them around with you. Kids tend to shed "security objects" - which is what that stuffed creature appears to be - at a very young age. I should know, my kids are going through that phase. Again, this is much different than keeping stuffed toys on your bed or in the home somewhere.

and not see how someone could interpret that as an underage girl, then I suspect that you and I just don't have a basis of understanding from which a reasonable argument on this topic can be broached.

Spoiler:
And where would she store it? She was Sublimated, and the only thing that remains of her and her dearest belonging are only emotional and consciousness remnants. Most likely, if she left Mimimi in any place, the waves constituting it would separate from each other, and the plush would disintegrate, thus ceasing to exist completely.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Neon01 wrote:
vampko wrote:About Infel...so? Seriously, I still have stuffed animals, I'm 24, and male. Cute stuff is cute.

EDIT

Wasn't her age stated though?
Spoiler:

Neon01
Majin
Majin

Postby Neon01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:26 pm

vampko wrote:Wasn't her age stated though?

Maybe it was, I don't recall, I'm only talking about appearance. After all, Jacqli...

Anyway, I've said my peace. OT: I'm loving ATQ!!

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”