Question regarding shipping to Canada

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Question regarding shipping to Canada

Postby Peekachu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 am

Hey there. First post, so "hi" and all that.

I took the plunge and ordered Ar Tonelico Q off the NISA Store. Any other Canadians have a rough shipping estimate on how long their package - this or any other NISA Store item - took to reach them? USPS hasn't updated their information in days.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game. Been playing DA: 2 lately and its reminded me of every reason why I am tired of Western RPGs (no sense of impetus with the plot, endless dialog trees, uninspired graphics and settings). I finished Trinity: SoZO before that and it was ace. Shame that JRPGs are getting such a bad rap these days. It seems that many Western reviewers aren't even taking the time to properly delve into them (spent 150 hours on Trinity, most reviewers had their reviews out day one or two, for example).

Justin iZ Here
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Question regarding shipping to Canada

Postby Justin iZ Here » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:31 am

iv heard a lot of people saying Canada's shipping takes forever, but i know nothing more than that.
Compa: my grandpa always said, "never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of a doubt".
i lold very hard
ImageImageImage

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 am

Justin iZ Here wrote:iv heard a lot of people saying Canada's shipping takes forever, but i know nothing more than that.

Well that sucks to hear. It was a delayed release at pretty much every retailer in Canada. In retrospect, I should have just ordered it off Amazon.com (as I tend to do), but I felt like casting my support to NISA considering how they've been so kind in tending to my JRPG-affliction.

I still have to finish Generic Age: 2, so that gives me something to do. Oh, and I have tonnes of internet scouring for White Knight Chronicles 2/ PSP info to keep me busy in the meantime too! :) I'm assuming the North American announcement for those games was affected by the catastrophe in Japan (there was an EU announcement like a day before all the chaos).

Justin iZ Here
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Justin iZ Here » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 am

Peekachu wrote:
Well that sucks to hear. It was a delayed release at pretty much every retailer in Canada.

yeah my gamestop tried to tell me that they didnt even have it when they did on release day, i then got a call the next day telling me it was available even tho i picked it up on release day...i should have tried my luck for a free 2nd copy now that i think about it xD

but yeah a few people claimed that neptunia took about a month to arrive in canada, but that im guessing was partly thanks to the snowy delay.
Compa: my grandpa always said, "never give no manipulative bitch the benefit of a doubt".
i lold very hard
ImageImageImage

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:57 am

What's weird is that its been 5 days and USPS hasn't updated their tracking info at all >_> I won't be seeing this game till April, at the earliest. Much as I like supporting NISA, I'll save myself the wait next time and go Amazon.

Oh, and for fellow JRPG addicts... Wizardry PS3 is being brought stateside by XSEED! Just read that on N4G this morning. If it wasn't for XSEED and NISA (and Atlus), the world would be a sad, sad, place!

Time-boy
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Time-boy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 am

Peekachu wrote:What's weird is that its been 5 days and USPS hasn't updated their tracking info at all >_> I won't be seeing this game till April, at the earliest. Much as I like supporting NISA, I'll save myself the wait next time and go Amazon.

Oh, and for fellow JRPG addicts... Wizardry PS3 is being brought stateside by XSEED! Just read that on N4G this morning. If it wasn't for XSEED and NISA (and Atlus), the world would be a sad, sad, place!

Order always your game with amazon... My copy of Ar tonelico Qoga is already in mississauga and it was ship the 18th. I'm suppose to receive it the 24th.
Was yea ra chs sheak en weak mea

Overlord - Laharl
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord - Laharl » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Depends where you live in Canada. If you are in Ontario I think it will take a bout a week or two since I am in Ontario and the customs take forever nowadays

FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby FetusZero » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm in Quebec and even today, the game is nowhere to be found in stores around where I live. I checked every retailers around my place that sells video games, none of them have it and Amazon.ca, where I put a pre-order maybe 1 week before release, doesn't have it either yet. They probably got a few copies to fill some pre-orders on release though, but since I placed mine considerably late compared to others, I'm probably last on the list.

I see Amazon.com has copies of it but they don't ship to QC and the only sellers on .ca are pricing the game at around $90. Same thing happened with Neptunia, it's still not available from any retailers here (one GameStop has one copy, that's about it), but Amazon shipped it one week after the release date, so hopefully that's how it will be with this title as well.
-.The.Fear.of.Blood.Tends.to.Create.Fear.for.the.Flesh.-

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:16 am

Time-boy wrote:
Peekachu wrote:What's weird is that its been 5 days and USPS hasn't updated their tracking info at all >_> I won't be seeing this game till April, at the earliest. Much as I like supporting NISA, I'll save myself the wait next time and go Amazon.

Order always your game with amazon... My copy of Ar tonelico Qoga is already in mississauga and it was ship the 18th. I'm suppose to receive it the 24th.

Yeah, I got Neptunia and Trinity: SoZO (I really enjoyed that, despite the Dynasty Warriors influence) from .com. I had zero patience when ordering Ar Tonelico 3 though, couldn't even wait the two days for .com to update their stock :)

I'm right near Toronto too, so things ship pretty fast to me. Anyone know if its COD for the taxes/ import fees too when ordering from NISA? Amazon factors in the tax with the international shipping, which is nice.

I'm stuck playing Dragon Age 2 till the damned game gets here - man that title is a dud! I mean, I definitely prefer Easter to Western RPGs, but they made some totally daft decisions for part 2. That, and the world is completely the same as all the other dark fantasy to come out in the last decade. At least JRPGs reinvent the wheel with almost every game, even if some of the content can border on ludicrous.
Last edited by Peekachu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Time-boy
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Time-boy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 am

FetusZero wrote:I'm in Quebec and even today, the game is nowhere to be found in stores around where I live. I checked every retailers around my place that sells video games, none of them have it and Amazon.ca, where I put a pre-order maybe 1 week before release, doesn't have it either yet. They probably got a few copies to fill some pre-orders on release though, but since I placed mine considerably late compared to others, I'm probably last on the list.

I see Amazon.com has copies of it but they don't ship to QC and the only sellers on .ca are pricing the game at around $90. Same thing happened with Neptunia, it's still not available from any retailers here (one GameStop has one copy, that's about it), but Amazon shipped it one week after the release date, so hopefully that's how it will be with this title as well.

Amazon does ship the game to QC. I'm from there too and it's on his way to my place.
Was yea ra chs sheak en weak mea

FetusZero
Vassal
Vassal

Postby FetusZero » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Time-boy wrote:Amazon does ship the game to QC. I'm from there too and it's on his way to my place.

I know that Amazon.ca does, and I actually just verified my order and despite Amazon still listing the "other" sellers primarily, it will be shipping tomorrow (yay!).

If you meant Amazon.com (in either cases, it's the one I meant for "not shipping" here), everytime I tried placing an order for video games on amazon.com or on .co.jp, it doesn't accept the order and says it cannot be shipped to my location. Really is a shame, I really wanted eXceed2nd Vampire REX off of amazon.co.jp, but it doesn't ship outside Japan and the only reliable store I know and use for Doujin imports don't have it :/
-.The.Fear.of.Blood.Tends.to.Create.Fear.for.the.Flesh.-

Limitations
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Limitations » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Yeah, my tracking info still says Acceptance, which aparently means it hasn't even started shipping. I may just go with Game Stop next time, though rather than Pre-Ordering, I'll just hunt it down through the city.

Peekachu wrote:If it wasn't for XSEED and NISA (and Atlus), the world would be a sad, sad, place!

Agreed, though Bamco has finally thrown us bone.

Also, I know that stores in Alberta had it by Thusday, because a friend bought it. I was so Jealous! XI

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 am

Limitations wrote:Agreed, though Bamco has finally thrown us bone.

Also, I know that stores in Alberta had it by Thusday, because a friend bought it. I was so Jealous! XI

Yeah, Bamco has finally caught on to where their audience is, after dicking around with the Tales series for so many years. 2 Tales games in one year (one in NA, too). Can't wait! White Knight Chronicles 2 is coming too (confirmed on the EU Blog, not for NA yet). I loved the first one (788 hours clocked), but they implemented speed-fixes, combat and class tweaks, avatar knights and quests and graphical upgrades for the 2nd.

THAT is probably my most anticipated game for 2011. Its basically a free MMO, without all of the irritating social or overly-grindy elements with a SP component and no monthly fee. So much value, in this age of on disc DLC and screwing the consumer at every turn.

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 am

My copy came yesterday actually. Has anyone else gotten theirs in?

If not, then it's a 180 from the Neptunia fiasco (where I seemed to be the last person to get my copy) XD

Yep, Canadian resident here, just FYI. Also, my copy wasn't missing anything. Apparently a certain part has been excluded from certain orders, so keep your eyes peeled...Not that you'd fail to notice something missing, of course XD

Box opens exactly the same as Neptunia, but I got this one open with no wear that I can see (my Neptunia box has small white marks on the flap where the color scraped off a bit).

Artbook was pretty stiff.

The OST (in a standard loose paper slip with plastic window) has 42 or 43 tracks I think? A lot of the later ones are like 20 seconds though. iTunes detected the track listing fine, as far as I can tell.

Calendar is a bit risque, but not so much that you'd have to hide it, I think, unless you live somewhere where "Sex is a sin" or something like that (in which case you'd also have to hide your game XD) Runs from April 2011 to March 2012 (lists all of the 2012 months on one page after that). Not as big as I hoped (same width of standard wall calendars, but not as tall).
|- Etna Fanboy | Disgaea Fanatic |- Dood -| Anime Fan| Prinny 'Sploder -|
|-| Join the Unofficial NISAmerica Steam Group |-|
/ | | \ Support Disgaea Mousepads Proposal / | | \

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 am

Shadow of Death wrote:My copy came yesterday actually. Has anyone else gotten theirs in?

If not, then it's a 180 from the Neptunia fiasco (where I seemed to be the last person to get my copy) XD

Yep, Canadian resident here, just FYI. Also, my copy wasn't missing anything. Apparently a certain part has been excluded from certain orders, so keep your eyes peeled...Not that you'd fail to notice something missing, of course XD

Box opens exactly the same as Neptunia, but I got this one open with no wear that I can see (my Neptunia box has small white marks on the flap where the color scraped off a bit).

Artbook was pretty stiff.

The OST (in a standard loose paper slip with plastic window) has 42 or 43 tracks I think? A lot of the later ones are like 20 seconds though. iTunes detected the track listing fine, as far as I can tell.

Calendar is a bit risque, but not so much that you'd have to hide it, I think, unless you live somewhere where "Sex is a sin" or something like that (in which case you'd also have to hide your game XD) Runs from April 2011 to March 2012 (lists all of the 2012 months on one page after that). Not as big as I hoped (same width of standard wall calendars, but not as tall).

Question for you Shadow, was there a C.O.D. import fee that you had to pay? Or did they just drop the package off to your home/ apartment? Oh, just thought of another question :) When did you order? Mine didn't ship till the 16th.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”