Is this a good playthrough route? (Minor spoiler)

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
dsowner
Vassal
Vassal

Is this a good playthrough route? (Minor spoiler)

Postby dsowner » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:07 pm

I want to get all endings in one go. Hear me out! :D I'm trying to make this as simple as I can. If someone can think of a better way to do this, tell me! (I might be wrong since I only start Phase 2) Chances are this thread will be overlooked, but just try. Who knows this could be a great guide for future players!

Spoiler:
Assuming Saki and Finnel both have one heart point each.
1) Beat MYU in less than 6 minutes.
2) Give Saki third heart point.
3) Clear Saki CS L8, accept confession.
4) Stop Saki's end-game song. [TRUE SAKI ENDING]
5) Load from point 3.5 (After point 3, before 4)
6) Don't stop Saki's end-game song. [NORMAL SAKI ENDING]
7) Load from point 1.5
8) Give Finnel third heart point.
9) Clear Finnel CS L8, accept confession.
10) Stop Saki's end-game song. [TRUE FINNEL ENDING]
11) Load from point 9.5
12) Don't stop Saki's end-game song. [NORMAL FINNEL ENDING]
13) Load from point 8.5
14) Avoid going to either Saki's or Finnel's CS L8.
15) Stop Saki's end-game song.
16) Clear Tilia CS.
17) Choose Tilia over World [NORMAL TILIA ENDING]
18) Load 16.5
19) Choose World over Tilia [TRUE TILIA ENDING]
20) Load 15.5
21) Don't finish Tilia's CS. [COCONA ENDING]

Any nice people willing to put their thinking caps on here? Thanks! :D
Last edited by dsowner on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Is this a good playthrough route? (Minor spoiler)

Postby CelticRedemption » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 pm

you're missing the bad ending,
Spoiler:
fail to defeat Myu and stop saki's song

Also, since there are a few plot-related points in here, it wouldn't hurt to spoiler your post =O

However, there's one glaring problem with your idea. Though it is true you get all endings this way, You'll be missing a few small events and gallery art that you ONLY get when
Spoiler:
Your chosen heroine has all 3 hearts

So my suggestion is actually 2 playthroughs, as follows:

Spoiler:
1. Play through the entire game once going for either Finnel or Saki, meaning all 3 hearts go to them. fail to defeat Myu, stop Saki's song for BAD ENDING
2. Reload to before you stop Saki's song to let it NOT stop, and end up with NORMAL ENDING for either Finnel or Saki, depending on the choice of your pure playthrough.
3. Reload to before you fight Myu, win the battle, stop Saki's song, get TRUE ENDING for Finnel or Saki, depending on your choice.
4. Start a New game+, so that you migrate your levels, money and DP, making a subsequent playthrough much easier. Now go for a pure Saki or Finnel route ( the one you DIDN'T choose ) and make sure you have a safety save before the battle with Myu and the last choice.
5. beat Myu, make safety save at Saki's song choice, don't stop the song, get NORMAL ENDING for the second reyvateil.
6. Reload to before the Saki's song choice, stop the song, finish the route, get TRUE ENDING for the second reyvateil.
7. Reload to Myu battle safety save. choose the other reyvateil so you have a 2:1 heart ratio. Beat Myu, stop Saki's song, and the MOST final part of the game you can make the decision for the ending is JUST before you have Sasha help you put up the Satellite and have Cocona sing the song to power the tower. So make a safety save just before that, from here complete Tylia's cosmosphere, choose Tylia over the world in the cutscene that follows after the event for TYLIA NORMAL ENDING
8. Reload to safety save, complete Tylia's cosmosphere, in the event that follows choose The world over Tylia. get TYLIA TRUE ENDING
9. Reload to safety save, don't complete Tylia's or anyone else's cosmosphere, go through the event and you'll end up with COCONA ENDING

phew, lots of typing. But yeah, so I suggest you do it like this to get all the CG's and trophies for both pure routes, plus making the second playthrough easier because you're already max level, and thus not having to have a hard time when reloading to really early for the other endings.

hope it was helpful :P
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

dsowner
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dsowner » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks so much! You're awesome. Another question though,
Spoiler:
can I finish all of the 3 CS' but reject their confession? I also want to get 100% CS Complete trophies.
:D

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:40 am

dsowner wrote:Thanks so much! You're awesome. Another question though,
Spoiler:
can I finish all of the 3 CS' but reject their confession? I also want to get 100% CS Complete trophies.
:D

No, not in one playthrough. You're stuck at a certain point in the 8th cosmosphere of either Saki or Finnel depending on whose route you choose, Tylia's you can still complete. However, it's important that you do a full reset to new game+ when you go for the second Reyvateil's 100% Cosmosphere trophy, since if you do a New game+ to a different part of the game in which you've already completed part of the cosmosphere, and then complete it all the way to level 9, the game will still not think you did 100% of the cosmosphere, because you wouldn't have done all of it in one playthrough.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Booger
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Booger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Do I have to load a Clear Data / New Game+ to get every ending after the first I get?
I fear I can just reload the choice I get before the
Spoiler:
Bad Ending

from the first playthrough but it might overwrite the Clear Data I had with a more limited one.

Well I guess it might be easier to just load the clear data just so that my exp will just go up and up and it will be easier to breeze through the other endings one at a time.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 am

Booger wrote:Do I have to load a Clear Data / New Game+ to get every ending after the first I get?
I fear I can just reload the choice I get before the
Spoiler:
Bad Ending

from the first playthrough but it might overwrite the Clear Data I had with a more limited one.

Well I guess it might be easier to just load the clear data just so that my exp will just go up and up and it will be easier to breeze through the other endings one at a time.

That's basically what i suggest in the spoilered parts, yes. But you could just make a second save for the clear data, seeing as you're given a choice to make a new save when you finish the game
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”