Order still hasn't arrived (Canada) >_>

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Order still hasn't arrived (Canada) >_>

Postby Peekachu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 am

And NISA just updated their international shipping policies, basically saying that if it doesn't arrive, too bad.

I would assume that they would offer a refund in this case then, but the FAQ says nothing. They can't just bill you for something that never arrives, that's fraud. Oh, not to mention the policy was updated a week after I placed my order, so they would have to honour whatever policies were in place before that.

Altogether a remarkably frustrating experience. I will never order from their store again.

CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Order still hasn't arrived (Canada) >_>

Postby CelticRedemption » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:59 am

They are not responsible for what happens to your order once it leaves america, unless you opted for an insured shipping.
This is something just about every online store I've bought from has as their policy, including Play-asia. They refused to refund me in any way after the order had left the country it was sent from, they said that if it's held up at customs or got lost in my own country there's nothing they can do about it.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:45 am

Dang, sucks dood (or doodette, I dunno).

I got mine ages ago (it did take forever for Neptunia to come in for me though, something like 3 weeks). Yeah, I'm Canadian as well. Just be patient, the game didn't come out THAT long ago.
|- Etna Fanboy | Disgaea Fanatic |- Dood -| Anime Fan| Prinny 'Sploder -|
|-| Join the Unofficial NISAmerica Steam Group |-|
/ | | \ Support Disgaea Mousepads Proposal / | | \

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:04 am

CelticRedemption wrote:They are not responsible for what happens to your order once it leaves america, unless you opted for an insured shipping.
This is something just about every online store I've bought from has as their policy, including Play-asia. They refused to refund me in any way after the order had left the country it was sent from, they said that if it's held up at customs or got lost in my own country there's nothing they can do about it.

This is incorrect. Consumers have rights. Retailers have insurance to cover such losses. Have you looked at their revised shipping policy?

They're basically saying:

"We can ship it to you via FexEx for 29.99 or, if you like, we can ship it for .45$ via a guy named Steve. We only offer Steve as a cheaper alternative but know that just because we offer Steve as an alternative, we don't recommend him nor can we guarantee that he won't steal the item and pawn it for some coke. Should you use Steve, you do so at your own risk. Btw, we're bringing this newsflash to you a week after we already charged your credit card! Surprise!"

Again, I stress that they updated their shipping policy one week after I had already placed my order, so I am not bound to their revised shipping policy in any way, as that was not the contract that I entered into. Adjustments to procedures are not retroactive, previous contractual obligations must be honoured as they were written/ agreed to.

We'll see how it all pans out, but if its not here in another few weeks, I will be contesting the charge with Mastercard.

Edit: I called NISA. The customer service rep I had was delightful, I almost felt bad for complaining! :) She said it should be here in another week tops, if not, to call back and they could work something out.

The service is slow, but the customer service is brilliant.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:50 am

I heard that the shipping to Canada is slow on both USPS and UPS. The winner of Ar tonelico contest, Ghaleon who lives in Canada received his prize within 3 days business via Fedex ground after I shipped it because he informed me that UPS and USPS are unreliable.
Spoiler:

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Shipping is weird when it comes to Canada, it seems. I got my copy on the 21st (you did post in that other Canadian shipping thread). It has been a week since then and you still haven't received your copy.

Whereabouts are you, in Canada?

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:23 am

Shadow of Death wrote:Shipping is weird when it comes to Canada, it seems. I got my copy on the 21st (you did post in that other Canadian shipping thread). It has been a week since then and you still haven't received your copy.

Whereabouts are you, in Canada?

Toronto. I've never had any shipping issues with US orders before this.

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

You're not too far from me then.

Chances are Customs arbitrarily decided to hold onto your copy. That's what happened with my Neptunia order, I believe, and is the reason why I had to wait so long for my copy.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Customs Boss: Well, boys, we better... check this disc to be sure of the content... *Licks lips* You never know what criminals will do to hide things.

*3 weeks later, after getting Platinum*

Customs Boss: Seems clean, let's send it. ^^

Customs Employee: Wait, this wasn't ours? o.O Drat. *Looks at pile of unchecked boxes left out while playing*
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Ronove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ronove » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Mine just arrived yesterday (Calgary, Alberta Canada) in my mailbox.

Yea it is really slow. I messaged Nisa and they apologized about not including an estimate of shipping time on the order process/FAQ for international shipping, and just including estimated delivery time for Americans.
They said that they will be adding the information to the page now as a result of the feedback.

It's nice to know that complaints don't fall on deaf ears.

I hope yours arrives soon man!

--> Overall though, unless there is a REALLY good pre-order bonus, I will not order from Nisa again. Gamestop has theirs the day of release, minus the shipping cost. So the bonus is the only reason to wait the extra few weeks. That or pay an extra $15 and get it in 2-3 days instead. (I'm not bitching. Just saying what makes sense. I wanted the calendar this time.)

(Waits for someone to come in and preach about how they always pay top dollar for their shipping and know their shippers inside and out. They will then give themselves a pat on the back, because no one else will - and be ignored.)
Calm down. You're being dramatic.

Peekachu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Peekachu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:16 am

Ronove wrote:Mine just arrived yesterday (Calgary, Alberta Canada) in my mailbox.

Yea it is really slow. I messaged Nisa and they apologized about not including an estimate of shipping time on the order process/FAQ for international shipping, and just including estimated delivery time for Americans.
They said that they will be adding the information to the page now as a result of the feedback.

It's nice to know that complaints don't fall on deaf ears.

I hope yours arrives soon man!

--> Overall though, unless there is a REALLY good pre-order bonus, I will not order from Nisa again. Gamestop has theirs the day of release, minus the shipping cost. So the bonus is the only reason to wait the extra few weeks. That or pay an extra $15 and get it in 2-3 days instead. (I'm not bitching. Just saying what makes sense. I wanted the calendar this time.)

(Waits for someone to come in and preach about how they always pay top dollar for their shipping and know their shippers inside and out. They will then give themselves a pat on the back, because no one else will - and be ignored.)

Yeah, even though Amazon .com or .ca (Gamestop even, but I try and avoid them on account of their policies - hard as their warehouse is like 20 mins away and I get stuff the next day >_>) gets their shipment in 3-4 days late, their shipping time and tracking is easily the best on the market. Never had a late or missed Amazon shipment.

We're going on 11 "business" days now, 15 days total since the order was shipped. If its not here by the end of the week something (Customs, lost) is definitely wrong. Fingers crossed that it arrives before Friday!

GrimHouten
Vassal
Vassal

Postby GrimHouten » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:32 am

Gene wrote:I heard that the shipping to Canada is slow on both USPS and UPS. The winner of Ar tonelico contest, Ghaleon who lives in Canada received his prize within 3 days business via Fedex ground after I shipped it because he informed me that UPS and USPS are unreliable.

USPS is unrealiable, in what way?

thanks god, the game arrived a couple of days ago, and everything was ok.
I just ordered two times from NIS, and both with USPS, and everything was fine, the games arrvied in 8-10 bussines days. The only issue this time with ar tonelico was that the USPS traking page didnt update well since I got ar tonelico two days ago, and even now It wasnt updated.

And I live in Argentina, so 10 bussines days waiting is nothing(the standar is 1 mouth)

PD: in the ar tonelico boxset, is normal that the OST does not came with a cage and is in an envelope?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:49 am

GrimHouten wrote:And I live in Argentina, so 10 bussines days waiting is nothing(the standar is 1 mouth)

I hope the customs in Argentina isn't as bad as in Brazil, although we do tend to get the games at the same time.

ssbb210
Peon
Peon

Postby ssbb210 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 pm

GrimHouten wrote:PD: in the ar tonelico boxset, is normal that the OST does not came with a cage and is in an envelope?

same probleme here http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/ost_replace.php

Shadow of Death
Majin
Majin

Postby Shadow of Death » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:38 am

ssbb210 wrote:
GrimHouten wrote:PD: in the ar tonelico boxset, is normal that the OST does not came with a cage and is in an envelope?

same probleme here http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/ost_replace.php
That URL is for people who are missing the OST entirely, not people who receive it in envelopes, which is standard (there is no special disk case, it's all in envelopes if you receive it at all).

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”